Camera (gimbal) angle in DJI GO App
7722 6 2017-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mschlaaff
New

United Kingdom

Hi,

I'm flying a Phantom 3 standard with the DJI GO App.
The gimbal of the Phantom 3 can tilt the camera across a 120° range (see attached sketch image).
Unfortunately, the app shows the tilt motion of the camera without any degree units along the scale (see attached screenshot), and the scale also has more bars than needed for a 120° range.

Where and how can I see/find out the exact angle of the camera (in degrees)?
What is the exact angle in the attached screenshot? Does anyone know?

Many thanks!

Sketch image of gimbal

Sketch image of gimbal

Camera angles in DJO GO App

Camera angles in DJO GO App
2017-10-6
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

The negative value is what you let tilt the cam. The positive value is for the hold the cam in angle if the copter flies forward to the target to be filmed or photographed. The scale on the right side is only to see the current tilt setting to the ground and not to the copter. On that shot is it nearly 43 degrees.

PS: German on Go app??? a German in UK?
2017-10-6
Use props
mschlaaff
New

United Kingdom

Peterx Posted at 2017-10-6 11:51
The negative value is what you let tilt the cam. The positive value is for the hold the cam in angle if the copter flies forward to the target to be filmed or photographed. The scale on the right side is only to see the current tilt setting to the ground and not to the copter. On that shot is it nearly 43 degrees.

PS: German on Go app??? a German in UK?

Thanks for your explanation.
How do you read that from the scale?
2017-10-7
Use props
Dockater
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

I use the english version of the DJI Go App (although I live in Germany), I also fly the P4P but i don‘t get the confusing set of data to the left of scale. Maybe its some obscure German requirement (DIN Standard).

When my camera tilt position indicator moves to the horizontal position it also changes colour (white/blue/white). You can also program one of the buttons on the controller base to reset the tilt, this will set it automatically to horizontal, vertical etc.

It does not make sense to me either, even trying to understand it in terms of „Radians“ or „Gons“. It was one of the dirty tricks when learning navigation to be given a protractor with 400 degrees instead of 360. Maybe dji has humour.

2017-10-7
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Switch between metric and imperial in the general settings and you have all degrees and rad (10:9)
Degrees are imperial and rad is metric.
2017-10-7
Use props
deanpodolsky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 277995 ft
United States

I was wondering the same thing so I made some estimates with a protractor and compared it to the indicator in Litchi. Here is what I learned. This should provide a guideline for those who want a bit more information and control over the gimbal.

2021-2-25
Use props
LongShotNC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21952 ft
United States

I realize this post isn't recent however if anyone following installs the newest release of Litchi the center dot on the gimbal pitch indicator shows actual numbers as it is moved.
2022-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules