Travel with the stock Inspire 2 case
1855 6 2017-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Houserlo
New
Flight distance : 181785 ft
United States

[size=14.666666984558105px]I'm sorry if this topic has been discussed, but I am planning taking my Inspire 2 on a commercial [size=14.666666984558105px]flight soon and I'm terrified of what could happen while it is out of sight. Has anyone used the stock DJI Inspire 2 Part 13 Carrying Case on a commercial flight? And if so, did it provide enough protection from baggage handlers? Thank you very much for any advice.
2017-10-6
Use props
Hymster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1012100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I dont use that case anymore but I would guess not a good idea for checked luggage unless u pack it in a box. there arent any latches and it could easily open up. But if u put it into a box and taped it up im sure that would work fine
2017-10-6
Use props
Des_B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 129600 ft
United Kingdom

If you mean does it provide sufficient impact protection from baggage handlers, then I would say yes.

If on the other hand, you mean the security of the contents, then no.

There are no hinges or locks on the stock DJI Inspire 2 case.
2017-10-7
Use props
Houserlo
New
Flight distance : 181785 ft
United States

Thank you I agree, I believe a third party case is the safer bet.
2017-10-8
Use props
KidIcarus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 921693 ft
United States

I have done both I have the GPC landing and I have also modified the dji case to fit into this.... http://shop.samsonite.com/luggag ... rney/78653XXXX.html .

The gpc is great, but it screams "film equipment"  so when I went to drone sensitive countries like Belize...which will seize them for the duration of your stay if you don't have permission...I used the samsonite.

You have to heavily modify the dji foam to get it to fit.  Its messy and requires a long bread knife.  But it allows you to go anywhere on the down low with a locked case.
2017-10-9
Use props
user284e4968c4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 371555 ft
United States

KidIcarus Posted at 2017-10-9 11:47
I have done both I have the GPC landing and I have also modified the dji case to fit into this.... http://shop.samsonite.com/luggag ... rney/78653XXXX.html .

The gpc is great, but it screams "film equipment"  so when I went to drone sensitive countries like Belize...which will seize them for the duration of your stay if you don't have permission...I used the samsonite.

Big +1 on using non-descript rollaboard suitcases to fit the original Inspire 2 case.

Done this twice on international jobs with Inspire, never had problems.

Big stealth points, which can be very key.

What I am looking for is a suitcase that's big enough to fit the drone, in its case, along with a full set of clothes for the job.

2018-3-30
Use props
rent
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Pelica 1640 would be a good fit to enclose the stock I2 case without modification. It would need a bit of padding top and bottom, as well one of the sides.
2018-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules