Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Osmo+ Will not record video, disconnects
1960 18 2017-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gopenstein
New
United States

Greetings - I've got a 36 hour-old Osmo+ and have not been able to use it at all.

• Running newest Firmware 1.6.1.0
  • Tried three different MicroSD cards
  • Tried Galaxy S8, and iPhone SE w/ newest iOS
  • Reseated Gimbal- -6 times
  • Reset WiFi Settings
  • Tried 2.4 & 5 Ghz bands
  • Tried Airplane Mode
  • Tried No Cellular Data
  • Tried forgetting alll known nearby networks
  • Formatted all MicroSD cards
  • 2 Different Official OEM fully charged batteries used

Unit powers on, calibrates and all with no issues, usually can connect with no issues as well. When a record is attempted with device connected, device disconnects after about 5-15 seconds, and video recording stops. With no phone connected, device stops recording after 5-15 seconds. Phone disconnects after ~2 pictures taken. Help! I bought and had delivered to event to use for videography, and device has only worked correctly for 6 minutes in past 36 hours. Waiting for support page to come back online so I can contact them tomorrow.
2017-10-6
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

Are you using this type of SD card: Class10 and UHS1 or above?   Are you able to see what photos the camera has taken? Can you verify that the Osmo plus is able to link up with the Wi Fi system on the mobile device? Make sure you turn off any blue tooth.
2017-10-6
Use props
gopenstein
New
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-6 13:35
Are you using this type of SD card: Class10 and UHS1 or above?   Are you able to see what photos the camera has taken? Can you verify that the Osmo plus is able to link up with the Wi Fi system on the mobile device? Make sure you turn off any blue tooth.

The three cards I've used:
  • Panasonic 16gb C10 Class 1 U3 (Bundled Card)
  • SanDisk Ultra Class 1 32gb
  • SanDisk Ultra Plus Class 1 U1 64gb

Despite resetting WiFi multiple times in an attempt to fix issue, the issue persists despite being able to connnect the osmo and phone every time.

I just tried again after turning off bluetooth. I was able to produce a one minute long recording when the camera disconnected from the phone after tapping the screen to set an AF target.

When I take pictures they do show up on the SD card, however the primary function I bought the osmo for was to shoot video. As I said previously, usually the second or third picture I take disconnects the unit from my phone.
2017-10-6
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

gopenstein Posted at 2017-10-6 16:18
The three cards I've used:
  • Panasonic 16gb C10 Class 1 U3 (Bundled Card)

• Please contact Customer Service to see about getting your Osmo looked by a technician. Just to double check on that, try using a different mobile device to see if the issue remains. If not, your mobile device may be the cause and not the Osmo.
    2017-10-9
    Use props
    AHK
    lvl.1
    Pakistan

i had the same issue, sent my osmo+ back for repairs, they say it has a bad card reader
    2017-10-12
    Use props
    DJI Mindy
    Administrator
    Flight distance : 7 ft
    • >>>

AHK Posted at 2017-10-12 14:01
    i had the same issue, sent my osmo+ back for repairs, they say it has a bad card reader

How it going with your case? If you need any assistance, please post the case number here.
    2017-10-12
    Use props
    gopenstein
    New
    United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-12 20:06
    How it going with your case? If you need any assistance, please post the case number here.

Hi Mindy!

Gimbal & Handle are en-route to be repaired. My Case is CAS-1129809-T6P2B2

Thank you for following up! Looking forward to the repair
    2017-10-24
    Use props
    DJI Mindy
    Administrator
    • >>>

gopenstein Posted at 2017-10-24 06:58
    Hi Mindy!

OK, the package just arrived in facility and is waiting for unpackaging. But it will be delayed because of weekend.
    Hope the problem will get fixed soon.
    2017-10-27
    Use props
    SCT
    lvl.3
    United States

AHK Posted at 2017-10-12 14:01

I have the same issue and with the supplied  Panasonic 16gb card, I found that it happens when the Osmo+ is turned on and the resolution is set to full 4k.  If  I lower the resolution to 1920x1080  and record it's fine. That got me thinking that when I first turn on the Osmo I lowered the resolution to HD recorded a 1 min clip stopped.  I then reset the resolution back to full 4K and it worked fine,  I recorded until the battery ran out.

Why is this so, I have no idea perhaps the good folks at DJI may offer an explanation?

I will be doing some more test when I return back to base  in the next few days to see if this is consistent occurrence.
    2017-10-29
    Use props
    DJI Mindy
    Administrator
    • >>>

gopenstein Posted at 2017-10-24 06:58
    Hi Mindy!

Update: the package has been received and is waiting for the replacement approval of our supervisor, your patience would be highly appreciated.
    2017-10-31
    Use props
    DJI Mindy
    Administrator
    • >>>

SCT Posted at 2017-10-29 06:39
    I have the same issue and with the supplied  Panasonic 16gb card, I found that it happens when the Osmo+ is turned on and the resolution is set to full 4k.  If  I lower the resolution to 1920x1080  and record it's fine. That got me thinking that when I first turn on the Osmo I lowered the resolution to HD recorded a 1 min clip stopped.  I then reset the resolution back to full 4K and it worked fine,  I recorded until the battery ran out.

Why is this so, I have no idea perhaps the good folks at DJI may offer an explanation?

SCT, sorry for the late response.
    Just to clarify, the problem only persists in C4K(4096×2160) resolution right?
    For AHK, the problem was that the video stops after several seconds and then recovered, do you have the exact same problem with him?
    Could you please offer us the firmware version of Osmo+, the mobile device and APP version?
    Thanks for your time.
    2017-10-31
    Use props
    MasGib
    New
    Thailand

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-31 01:55
    SCT, sorry for the late response.
    Just to clarify, the problem only persists in C4K(4096×2160) resolution right?
    For AHK, the problem was that the video stops after several seconds and then recovered, do you have the exact same problem with him?

How about stop selling the Osmo + until you have resolved these problems? You need to learn a lesson a customer with a problem is a chance to win a customer for life! My Osmo plus is having all the same problems as others on here I can only conclude that the kit is not fit for purpose.
    2017-11-2
    Use props
    DJI Mindy
    Administrator
    • >>>

MasGib Posted at 2017-11-2 00:44
    How about stop selling the Osmo + until you have resolved these problems? You need to learn a lesson a customer with a problem is a chance to win a customer for life! My Osmo plus is having all the same problems as others on here I can only conclude that the kit is not fit for purpose.

We are sorry for the unpleasant experience with our product.
    This problem is rare to happen, if you have the same problem as OP, please contact your dealer or our support to send in for evaluation and repair.
    2017-11-2
    Use props
    AHK
    lvl.1
    Pakistan

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-2 01:48
    We are sorry for the unpleasant experience with our product.
    This problem is rare to happen, if you have the same problem as OP, please contact your dealer or our support to send in for evaluation and repair.

Hi Mindy...my issue was resolved and DJI sent me a new Osmo+ for free.... thanks alot....everything is fine now
    2017-11-2
    Use props
    DJI Mindy
    Administrator
    • >>>

AHK Posted at 2017-11-2 13:45
    Hi Mindy...my issue was resolved and DJI sent me a new Osmo+ for free.... thanks alot....everything is fine now

You are welcome.
    Glad to know everything is fine.
    Hope you have a great time with it.
    2017-11-2
    Use props
    gopenstein
    New
    United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-2 22:13
    You are welcome.
    Glad to know everything is fine.
    Hope you have a great time with it.

Currently case status has been showing evaluating (1-3 Days) for the last 10 business days?
    2017-11-14
    Use props
    DJI Mindy
    Administrator
    • >>>

gopenstein Posted at 2017-11-14 06:11
    Currently case status has been showing evaluating (1-3 Days) for the last 10 business days?

No, damage evaluation should not be that long.
    I checked your case, CAS-1165145-N7V2F3 is the new case number for replacement, the replacement has just been approved today, and it will be shipped out soon, thanks for the patience.
    2017-11-15
    Use props
    gopenstein
    New
    United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-15 00:12
    No, damage evaluation should not be that long.
    I checked your case, CAS-1165145-N7V2F3 is the new case number for replacement, the replacement has just been approved today, and it will be shipped out soon, thanks for the patience.

Just want to say that I sent an email in about this just now but also wanted to post here:

Even after receiving the "repaired" unit there is no change in behavior, unit still does not record as per the original complaint. I've now been unable to record multiple events as the unit does not function correctly.
    2017-12-21
    Use props
    DJI Mindy
    Administrator
    • >>>

gopenstein Posted at 2017-12-21 10:49
    Just want to say that I sent an email in about this just now but also wanted to post here:

Even after receiving the "repaired" unit there is no change in behavior, unit still does not record as per the original complaint. I've now been unable to record multiple events as the unit does not function correctly.

Per the case, the gimbal has been replaced.
    May I know the current firmware you are running? We would appreciate if you could provide a short video when taking video without mobile device attached.
    We will do our best to assist, thank you.
    2017-12-21
    Use props
    Advanced
    You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules