Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Firmware update
1788 16 2017-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
darrell2
First Officer
Flight distance : 63632 ft
United States

Okay just fired up the bird for a few minutes and I noticed new firmware. Do I or don't I that is the question? Didn't get my Insurance today.
2017-10-6
Use props
Cinefilms
Second Officer
Flight distance : 118829 ft
Dominican Republic

Is it a p4p with the latest firmware?!
2017-10-6
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Captain
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

If it is flying good with the old update then I wont update? What is asking for the update the RC or AC?
2017-10-6
Use props
darrell2
First Officer
United States

Not sure. I happen to notice it when I went to shut down on my Android tablet and I hit ignore because I wanted to check on here first then I hooked everything back up and now it's telling me it's up to date. So I put my IPhone on it and still nothing so it will stay where it is for now everything seems to be okay so if it's not broke don't fix it right.
2017-10-7
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Captain
United States

darrell2 Posted at 2017-10-7 02:42
Not sure. I happen to notice it when I went to shut down on my Android tablet and I hit ignore because I wanted to check on here first then I hooked everything back up and now it's telling me it's up to date. So I put my IPhone on it and still nothing so it will stay where it is for now everything seems to be okay so if it's not broke don't fix it right.

That is true if it broke dont fix it
2017-10-7
Use props
darrell2
First Officer
United States

BagoDJIoperator Posted at 2017-10-7 04:17
That is true if it broke dont fix it

Maybe you can help me out? I was trying to make sure the battery is updated so I went into the assistant did all that I was to do but only the bird flashed not the battery so tried my other battery an the same thing just the bird not the battery. What am I doing wrong?
2017-10-7
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Captain
United States

darrell2 Posted at 2017-10-7 04:32
Maybe you can help me out? I was trying to make sure the battery is updated so I went into the assistant did all that I was to do but only the bird flashed not the battery so tried my other battery an the same thing just the bird not the battery. What am I doing wrong?

when you connect the AC with the RC, you will see a blue box that says checking updates with the server and if the battery is not updated it will ask to update.
2017-10-7
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

darrell2 Posted at 2017-10-7 04:32

The battery update is usually done as part of the aircraft update, so when aircraft update (and battery in use) is completed then power down aircraft, insert spare battery and repeat process. Do this for each spare battery you have. It is also possible that you will need to update the RC unit as well.
2017-10-7
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Captain
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-10-7 04:41
The battery update is usually done as part of the aircraft update, so when aircraft update (and battery in use) is completed then power down aircraft, insert spare battery and repeat process. Do this for each spare battery you have. It is also possible that you will need to update the RC unit as well.

That can be a possibility too, since he doesnt want to update the RC also.
2017-10-7
Use props
darrell2
First Officer
United States

I guessing it is already updated . Have new update last night when I seen the update it must have been for my Android because I didn't see anything just for battery and I refreshed everything just to make sure batteries where up to date. Hope didn't mess anything up it was flying good last night.
2017-10-7
Use props
darrell2
First Officer
United States

It's like having a newborn baby scared to death to do anything don't want to hurt the BABY
2017-10-7
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Captain
United States

darrell2 Posted at 2017-10-7 05:03
It's like having a newborn baby scared to death to do anything don't want to hurt the BABY

That is true, I know your pain.. that was like me for couple months.
2017-10-7
Use props
JamesWhenman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 426375 ft
United States

I didn't even know the batteries could, or even needed, an update.
Thanks for posting that bit of info.
2017-10-7
Use props
BlueBirdTN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 90686 ft
  • >>>
United States

JamesWhenman Posted at 2017-10-7 06:57

Me either.
2017-10-7
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

JamesWhenman Posted at 2017-10-7 06:57

But not all craft updates will include new battery firmware. You'll know it does when the two middle LEDs start flashing on the battery during an update - that's when the battery's new firmware is being applied. When you see that, and have more that one battery, once the update has completed you should power down the craft and insert the next. Then just do a refresh.
2017-10-7
Use props
JamesWhenman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 426375 ft
United States

Thanks Punchbuggy.
2017-10-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

You can check on the app if all the firmwares on the drone are up to date. This is the route: power on the drone, RC, app and enter device---upper right icon---general----about. You can provide us a screenshot of it and we will help to check. And for the batteries, when you connect the app it will alarm you to update the firmware if there is a need, during the update please don't pay much attention to the indicator of the battery during the process, please wait for the result.
2017-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules