Choppy video in cache
4381 7 2017-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andrew04212
New
United States

I just go my spark about a week ago, and it's been working perfectly until 2 days ago.  When I looked over the video it was very bad quality and extremely choppy.  There is no SD card inserted, but it worked fine without it originally.  I attached a sample of the video.  Thanks in advance, Andrew.     
2017-10-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you clarify which mobile device and Go app version you're running? How much memory do you have left on the device?
2017-10-6
Use props
Brightlights200
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001 ft
United Kingdom

I had a similar issue yesterday after updating to the DJI Go 4 app, mine wasn’t as bad with the distortion which only happened in the first few seconds but the whole video of 5.40 mins was very jerky & not the usual high quality from the same SD card which is barely 5% full & it was basically unwatchable
Any Help Gladly appreciated??.
2017-10-6
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Andrew,
If your goal is to take video and pictures with your Spark, then you really need to insert a MicroSD card into your Spark and use the video footage recorded directly from there.  The footage on the SD card is recorded in 1080p where the cached version is at a max of 720p.   Also, the cached version is subject to any hiccups in the transmission signal between your Spark and the controlling device, whereas the video recorded on the SD card is the pristine original footage.   

Having said that, the footage you posted is  reading up pretty bad.  How far away and how high was your Spark?   Also, was there anything between you and the Spark?  Are you using the remote control or a direct WiFi connection from your phone/tablet?
2017-10-6
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Yes indeed, one can not expect good quality videos or pictures from the cache recording and they are not intended for that. Like for any other digital camera, only on a SD card in the Spark high quality pictures and videos will be recorded. And a good SD card is not a big investment nowadays.
2017-10-7
Use props
Brightlights200
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001 ft
United Kingdom

Guys Thanks for the feedback & I can’t believe I was SO Stupid to forget this, You are obviously Correct!!.
From my onboard SD card it is back to Super quality.
2017-10-7
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Glad to hear you are happy again!
2017-10-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Glad to hear that you have figured it out. Enjoy it and happy flying!
2017-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules