Record Flight and Re-Fly
5833 8 2017-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZMatuszak
lvl.2

United States

Hey guys

Do you know if the Mavic has a Re-Fly mode?

For example. I'd love to do a cinematic shot that does a hard transition from midday to sunset. And have the flight path be exactly the same

Does this feature (including gimbal pitch) exist?

Thanks!
2017-10-7
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

If you use waypoints you can store the "flight" i'm not sure about gimbal pitch with DJI GO app
2017-10-7
Use props
KryptoNyte
lvl.4
United States

I like this idea, but haven't had a chance to explore it.  If a pilot could record a flight from start to finish and then bring that flight into an editor to modify, it would save a step of pre-planning a flight on-screen.  On a mildly similar note, it seems that most options for planning of autonomous flights involve a touchscreen, but it would be really nice to be able to create/modify with a mouse on a large computer screen instead.
2017-10-7
Use props
KryptoNyte
lvl.4
United States

Maybe this already exists in some form that I'm not aware of, but if this PC/Mac computer flight editor had the ability to simulate the flight on screen, over a Google map (2D or 3D), you could fine tune the movements without ever flying the craft.  In the simulation, you would have the option to either watch the drone from a 3rd person point of view, or watch the resulting simulated video from the drone camera.
2017-10-7
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638323 ft
United States

It's not "Mavic" you're seeking, but SOFTWARE.  If you have iOS, Autopilot will do all that & more.  That's your best choice.  If you're into software that is not as robust, there's also Litchi.
2017-10-7
Use props
KryptoNyte
lvl.4
United States

Where is the best place to go for information and recent tutorials on how a Mavic pilot would fly and record a manual flight, to be flown again later with Autopilot?
2017-10-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I think a Waypoint Mission might help. Record a flight path, then the aircraft will fly along the same path repeatedly while you control the camera and orientation. The flight path can be saved and re-apply in the future.
2017-10-7
Use props
Ferks
lvl.2
United States

Dji Ground Station Pro would do what you want.
2017-10-7
Use props
Ds67888
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10657192 ft
  • >>>
United States

KryptoNyte Posted at 2017-10-7 08:16
Maybe this already exists in some form that I'm not aware of, but if this PC/Mac computer flight editor had the ability to simulate the flight on screen, over a Google map (2D or 3D), you could fine tune the movements without ever flying the craft.  In the simulation, you would have the option to either watch the drone from a 3rd person point of view, or watch the resulting simulated video from the drone camera.

I hope China is reading this... they could make it happen i'm sure

Maybe this already exists in some form that I'm not aware of, but if this PC/Mac computer flight editor had the ability t
2019-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules