Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Function to return camera to horizontal!
1597 8 2017-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DS924
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4028425 ft
United States

There is already a function that returns the camera to center with a single tap. Can a function be added to return the camera to HORIZONTAL with a single tap?

That appears to have been overlooked, and it would be VERY useful on all the platforms.
2017-10-7
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

I'm not sure why your camera would not be horizontal in the first place. If you press C1 (or maybe C2) then roll the Gimbal Dial, you can adjust the angle of the camera.

Mark G.
2017-10-7
Use props
DTK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
United States

Yes, you can do that once c1 button is set up. However it took me awhile to find out what the odd is telling me about the tilt of the camera. When the tilt of camera is shown as a blue dot, it is in horizontal position. But it will be best to have a tap function to return the camera to its start-up position instead of just centre position.
2017-10-7
Use props
DS924
Second Officer
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-10-7 07:45
I'm not sure why your camera would not be horizontal in the first place. If you press C1 (or maybe C2) then roll the Gimbal Dial, you can adjust the angle of the camera.

Mark G.

My camera would not be horizontal if I moved it; and when the aircraft is not in front of me, such that I can look at its profile I can't tell that the camera is back to "true" horizontal.  It's not a big deal since you point it where you want to point it anyway, but I just thought it would be a nice feature since you can already do that in the yaw axis.  

When you're flying and trying to operate the camera at the same time any little bit of "tap" automation is nice.
2017-10-8
Use props
DTK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
United States

Camera can revert to horizontal position does serve a purpose when you are judging whether you can clear any obstacles below eg trees.
2017-10-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for the late response, but good suggestion, we will feedback to our engineers for consideration in the future development. Thanks.
2017-10-15
Use props
DS924
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-15 20:24
Sorry for the late response, but good suggestion, we will feedback to our engineers for consideration in the future development. Thanks.

Here's another idea - one-tap function to point the camera straight down.  I know that the camera can already be pointed straight down by manipulation of the controls but  "one tap" functionality is extremely helpful for a single operator.

Since any of these DJI UAVs could conceivably find use in search-and-rescue operations and a volunteer with a UAV, responding in a hurry, might not have the benefit of a second operator, being able to go back and forth between a high-res forward view and a high-res downward view with a single tap would be very nice.

Although the M200 series might seem the obvious place for this functionality, wouldn't it be a good idea to have this utility in all your drones - especially all the EXPENSIVE ones?
2017-10-20
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have wanted this feature many times. On the Inspire 1, and now the Inspire 2.
It would be a useful feature.
Gee, they thought to put it as a programmable choice on the Spark.
Maybe in a future FW update???
We can hope...........
2017-10-23
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Thanks for the feedback. We will take it as reference.
2017-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules