P4 with HDMI module and Goggles
1228 4 2017-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
martapp
New
United Kingdom

Hi Folks, I have a Phantom4 which I changed to add the HDMI output module so that I could try and use it for SAR here in the UK. I now have DJI Goggles and am just setting them up. Can anyone tell me which connection method I should use between Goggles and RC, bearing in mind the module change.....and secondly, what functionality I can expect from the goggles, e.g. head movement/gimble, etc?
Having managed (with help) to get the menu out of Chinese, I feel I can do almost anything.

2017-10-7
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's called the 'Superman Syndrome' :-)

With goggles connected to RC via USB you have a number of things you can control from the Goggles. Best thing to do is a few 'dry runs' indoors with props off, power all up and see what is available to you with Goggles connected. An alternative is to have a display mounted on controller and connected via USB, as normal, and the Goggles connected via HDMI used as a FPV display only (no control functionality).

The functionality of the Goggles only comes into its own fully with the Mavic, where the link between Goggles and Mavic is wireless (Occusync). Giving goggles full functionality, and still have full control via RC and DJI Go 4 on display device.
2017-10-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Connecting the RC via USB cable, you will get the below functions. While connecting via HDMI, you can get the FPV only.
Connecting the Aircraft.png
2017-10-7
Use props
martapp
New
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-7 22:38
Connecting the RC via USB cable, you will get the below functions. While connecting via HDMI, you can get the FPV only.

Thanks, Aardvark and Susan. The functionality chart is different from the one that I have and very useful. Thanks again.
2017-10-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

martapp Posted at 2017-10-8 04:42
Thanks, Aardvark and Susan. The functionality chart is different from the one that I have and very useful. Thanks again.

You are welcome. Should you have any further questions, feel free to contact us.
2017-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules