1393 6 2017-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans03232416
lvl.2
Flight distance : 584206 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Hello guys. I know that DJI doesn't sell Mavic gimbal flexible cable for replacement. But does DJI allow the replacement for third party aftermarket cables? I know a DJI Authorized Repair Center who is replacing those gimbal cables for aftermarket cables if the drone is out of warranty. And I'd like to confirm is this procedure is correct or allowed by DJI.
2017-10-7
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

It depends on if your AC is still under warranty , Mine are not therefore I use an authorized DJI service center local to me. If you use an aftermarket cable pretty sure it will void any warranty with DJI. If it's not warrantied
go for it, you will get it back a lot faster than sending it to DJI.
2017-10-7
Use props
fans03232416
lvl.2
  • >>>
Brazil

QuadKid Posted at 2017-10-7 07:59
It depends on if your AC is still under warranty , Mine are not therefore I use an authorized DJI service center local to me. If you use an aftermarket cable pretty sure it will void any warranty with DJI. If it's not warrantied
go for it, you will get it back a lot faster than sending it to DJI.

Thanks for your feedback, but my actually question is: does DJI allows the Authorized Repair Center to replace gimbal cables for aftermarket cables, even for drones that are out of warranty?
2017-10-7
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
United States

fans03232416 Posted at 2017-10-7 08:15
Thanks for your feedback, but my actually question is: does DJI allows the Authorized Repair Center to replace gimbal cables for aftermarket cables, even for drones that are out of warranty?

DJI doesn't care who does repair work on their drones if it's not covered under their 1 year warranty or DJI Refresh. Why would they? I would recommend an authorized repair center to do the work they are trained by DJI but not part of DJI.
2017-10-7
Use props
fans03232416
lvl.2
  • >>>
Brazil

QuadKid Posted at 2017-10-7 08:20
DJI doesn't care who does repair work on their drones if it's not covered under their 1 year warranty or DJI Refresh. Why would they? I would recommend an authorized repair center to do the work they are trained by DJI but not part of DJI.

I understand. But just to make it clear, you work at DJI or at an Authorized Repair Center and you're 100% sure about this information? Or you're just guessing? Because for a company to become a DJI Authorized Repair Center, I believe they have to sign a contract and they have standards to follow. Using an aftermarket cable, even if out of warranty, doesn't look like something that an Authorized Repair Center should be allowed to do...
2017-10-7
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
United States

fans03232416 Posted at 2017-10-7 11:29
I understand. But just to make it clear, you work at DJI or at an Authorized Repair Center and you're 100% sure about this information? Or you're just guessing? Because for a company to become a DJI Authorized Repair Center, I believe they have to sign a contract and they have standards to follow. Using an aftermarket cable, even if out of warranty, doesn't look like something that an Authorized Repair Center should be allowed to do...

I agree, they would use an OEM cable ordered from DJI, from what I understand authorized repair centers are the only ones that can get OEM parts to repair DJI products, Easy enough, find the closest repair facility to you and give them a call.

I would never use an aftermarket anything on my DJI drones or OSMO, including something as simple as props.
2017-10-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

We do not suggest to replace the aftermarket cables as it may void your warranty. Also, the damage might be caused by reliability or compatibility issues when using unauthenticated third-party parts
2017-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules