Spark on-drone flight log
7388 10 2017-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansab8996df
New
Flight distance : 16201 ft
United Kingdom

Apologies if this has been covered somewhere. I couldn't find it. I just had an amazing fly away Spark experience but I want to find out why. I only have an Android phone for control and after about 2 minutes I lost signal and video. After half an hour of running around trying to pick up a signal and trying to guess where it had gone I returned to collect my stuff and was amazed to find the drone happily sitting a few inches from its box where it took off. The on-board video showed that the Spark had travelled almost exactly 1km away and then decided to return. The on-phone flight log cut out after 2 minutes. I now want the on-drone flight log. None of the instructions I have found seem to work. The DJI Assistant 2 on my PC does not seem to have the 'black box' option that I read about and the Spark itself does not seem to have the data log access option that I also read about. HELP! HOW DO I FIND MY SPARK ON-DRONE FLIGHT LOGS? Thanks in advance, Charlie

2017-10-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You can upload your flight log to link below just click on link below and follow instructions. These logs are much easier to read if your having difficulty with them just post them here and I will explain.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-10-7
Use props
fansab8996df
New
United Kingdom

I have seen this. It seems to be only about retrieving the log from the controller (phone in my case) not the drone. I need the one from the drone (Spark) because the phone connection was lost early in the flight.
2017-10-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fansab8996df Posted at 2017-10-7 11:32
I have seen this. It seems to be only about retrieving the log from the controller (phone in my case) not the drone. I need the one from the drone (Spark) because the phone connection was lost early in the flight.

Then you have to get this log from assistant 2
2017-10-7
Use props
fansab8996df
New
United Kingdom

As I said, the Assistant 2 does not seem to have the menu item 'black box' that I have read about. Is there something that has to be enabled?
2017-10-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Feel sorry for the fly away and glad that the drone was recovered in the end, what an impressive experience. For your case, I advise contacting our support support.eu@dji.com and we will help to start a data analysis. You can send them the flight data on the drone accordingly.
2017-10-8
Use props
fansab8996df
New
United Kingdom

Thanks for the video. I can now see that something is wrong with my Assistant 2 connection to the Spark. I dont get the "Spark - Spark" indication in the opening screen. It recognises that I have connected the drone but I get "Device - MM" instead and a very limited menu comes up when I click it. I will try support as you suggest.
2017-10-8
Use props
DMT
Flight distance : 5479 ft
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-8 00:30
Feel sorry for the fly away and glad that the drone was recovered in the end, what an impressive experience. For your case, I advise contacting our support  and we will help to start a data analysis. You can send them the flight data on the drone accordingly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngEHdAlAh9A&list=PL8-vxWY64sBNIrePb_pR6Rd2Cp8GaKa_i&index=12

Thor
I posted a new message called "cannot extract flight data from Spark" following this video.
2 questions
1- I cannot see me post except in my personnal page. Is this normal behavior of the forum?
2- coul you look into my message to see if you have a solution for me? As of now, I have no access to flight data since i received the Spark 3 weeks ago.

Thanks

Daniel
2017-10-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

DMT Posted at 2017-10-8 13:00
Thor
I posted a new message called "cannot extract flight data from Spark" following this video.
2 questions

When I click on your thread, it is said deleted. Please try to post again, and please don't violate the rules of the forum: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=71515
2017-10-10
Use props
DMT
Flight distance : 5479 ft
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-10 00:03
When I click on your thread, it is said deleted. Please try to post again, and please don't violate the rules of the forum: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=71515

Humm. Must be an error from my part. I did not intentionally  delete the post.

As far as violating the rules of the forum, is this to inform me or have I broken any rules yet?
I certainly did not do this knowingly.

Daniel
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

DMT Posted at 2017-10-12 05:34
Humm. Must be an error from my part. I did not intentionally  delete the post.

As far as violating the rules of the forum, is this to inform me or have I broken any rules yet?

It might inform you, but might not sometimes. It depends on the operator.
2017-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules