1534 17 2017-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jcgoobee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 476119 ft
United States

Hi,

I've used my new Spark for a little over a week now and found the included video editor with the DJI Go 4 doesn't do much. Can someone recommend a simple video editor wgich is easy to learn? I own a Mac and a PC but prefer to edit the video from my Mac. Thanks.

James
2017-10-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

FCP X it’s pretty simple to get started, you could also use iMovie it’s similar to FCP X obviously doesn’t have all the bells and whistles FCP X has but comes free wit Mac .
2017-10-7
Use props
DJIUser777
lvl.1
United States

If you can afford it, Adobe CC subscription which comes with a whole slew of apps, like Premiere Pro and so forth... it may be too much if you're only doing lightweight stuff. Adobe does have Adobe Clip for the mobile device... I think it comes with a CC subscription not sure if separately. There are some lower end packages out there that people really like CyberLink, Web search for "low cost video editing software" I also think Adobe Premiere Elements is a lower cost editing app... probably should be excellent.
2017-10-9
Use props
TonyFonagerDK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245013 ft
Denmark

Davinci Resolve 14 is super proff and the standard edition is free.
2017-10-9
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

iMovie is on you Mac already. If on Mac, I would use that for some time!
2017-10-9
Use props
RJ70
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6001 ft
United States

Wondershare is my favorite.
2017-10-9
Use props
stenk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13451 ft
New Zealand

TonyFonagerDK Posted at 2017-10-9 04:39

I had a look at Davinci Resolve 14 but could not get audio to work with MP4s that the Spark makes. Not sure how to resolve it. Also it's way to PRO for me but if you know your stuff this would be the ultimate tool to use!
2017-10-9
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Why not use the default video editing software within the Mac? If you are not looking for specifics, you can make some very effective videos using this software.
2017-10-9
Use props
TonyFonagerDK
lvl.3
Denmark

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-9 11:58
Why not use the default video editing software within the Mac? If you are not looking for specifics, you can make some very effective videos using this software.

I had so many issues using iMovie on MacOS - I guess that is the "built in" you are referring to.

And if you google it or search the forums, you'll see that others have the same issues - for some reason, the video produces are not running smooth, its like they skip a frame every 1 second or so.
2017-10-9
Use props
TonyFonagerDK
lvl.3
Denmark

stenk Posted at 2017-10-9 11:51
I had a look at Davinci Resolve 14 but could not get audio to work with MP4s that the Spark makes. Not sure how to resolve it. Also it's way to PRO for me but if you know your stuff this would be the ultimate tool to use!

Audio ? There are no audio on the videos that the Spark records!
2017-10-9
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

TonyFonagerDK Posted at 2017-10-9 12:01
I had so many issues using iMovie on MacOS - I guess that is the "built in" you are referring to.

And if you google it or search the forums, you'll see that others have the same issues - for some reason, the video produces are not running smooth, its like they skip a frame every 1 second or so.

Try recording at a smaller sampling rate to see if that helps resolve some of your issues.
2017-10-9
Use props
TonyFonagerDK
lvl.3
Denmark

What do you mean ? Are you referring to the bitrate of the output video ?

I have already tried that, I have been a iMovie user since I got my first Macbook and absolutely love the simple interface, so I really, really tried getting it to work.

When I then moved to Davinci Resolve 14, it produced 100% smooth videos out of the box - so for editing Spark video, I'm using this instead of iMovie.
2017-10-9
Use props
stenk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13451 ft
New Zealand

TonyFonagerDK Posted at 2017-10-9 12:01
Audio ? There are no audio on the videos that the Spark records!

You are correct. Issue was with my iPhone screen capture video of the DJI GO4 app that had audio. There seem to be quite a few people that have issues with no audio in Davinci Resolve 14. Sure there is a work around but as yet I have not found it.
2017-10-9
Use props
Kardinal
lvl.2
Flight distance : 260591 ft
United States

All my movies are relatively short.  2 to 5 minutes.  So lately I have used LumaFusion on my ipad mini 4 which also doubles as my RC monitor.  Works pretty well as long as you aren't in a huge hurry.  Pretty decent package in my opinion for US$20 .

I like the powerdirector series for PC and I still can't get myself to upgrade to Final Cut Pro for my mac due to cost.  Maybe when my videos get a little more professional.
2017-10-9
Use props
fans79753dd6
New
United States

TonyFonagerDK Posted at 2017-10-9 04:39

I tried this but can't get anything to import --checked online and there was a few suggestions to get a converter then pay some more cash to get that to work etc.. Any solutions to get DaVinci to work with the Spark to edit?
2017-11-24
Use props
TonyFonagerDK
lvl.3
Denmark

fans79753dd6 Posted at 2017-11-24 16:13
I tried this but can't get anything to import --checked online and there was a few suggestions to get a converter then pay some more cash to get that to work etc.. Any solutions to get DaVinci to work with the Spark to edit?

It works out of the box for me - free version.

On MacOS ...
2018-2-5
Use props
BarisK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64291 ft
Germany

I, for myself use Adobe Premiere Pro CC
2018-2-5
Use props
jcgoobee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 476119 ft
United States

Found Filmora, which is an excellent video editing software and reasonable price too. Check it out.
2018-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules