Battery won’t charge
3927 12 2017-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

I have a new battery that I recently purchased that will not charge. I have only used this battery once and only ran it down to about half way to check it. When I plug it into the charger I get 4 lights then a sequence of two then 4 and then nothing, when I turn on the charger nothing.
This was a brand new genuine battery purchased from Maplins in the UK
2017-10-7
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

What battery ?

P4
P3
Mavic
Spark

??

Nigel
2017-10-7
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

OK ... found you !! P3 ....

If you download the full manual from DJI - it gives a table of lights sequences to tell you whats' wrong with battery.

But anyway - if its recent purchase and only used once - take it back to Maplins and ask for replacement. I assume you still have the receipt ?

Nigel
2017-10-7
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
United Kingdom

Yeah your right it’s. PSS, I thought it would show up as that’s the forum I posted in.

The light sequence is not shown in the user manual.

The light sequence goes
1234 (sometimes repeated twice)
1234 and shuts off,
that’s without even switching on the charger, when I switch on the charger I get nothing, no indicators. I’ve put the battery back in the bird and no errors show and all volatages are similar
2017-10-7
Use props
fans689722dd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3623386 ft
Belgium

Send it back to dji and they will give you a replacement. I also had a battery which wouldn't fully charge. I have a new controller now.
2017-10-7
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
United Kingdom

To rule out the charger I’ve just had my bird out in the dark to run down my other battery a bit and to say i was scared was an understatement, way too many trees here to fly in the dark, but at least I know my charger is working ok.

The shop I purchased the battery from is 100miles from here so I can’t take it back straight away,
2017-10-7
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
United Kingdom

I’ve managed to get it charging by turning the battery on before charging it (manual states this is only needed if the battery is over 95%) do you think I should still send it back.
2017-10-7
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340620 ft
United States

if it still doesn't fully charge up Id send it back Brother
2017-10-7
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
United Kingdom

Epicdoom Posted at 2017-10-7 13:04
if it still doesn't fully charge up Id send it back Brother

Well it’s charged and showing 100%, I’m in two minds what to do, I’m still concerned why the light sequence when plugging it in and why it won’t start to charge unless it’s first powered on.
2017-10-7
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I have a P3S that won't charge unless I turn it on also. It works fine.  Why, I couldn't tell you.
2017-10-7
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340620 ft
United States

AlanHd Posted at 2017-10-7 13:14
Well it’s charged and showing 100%, I’m in two minds what to do, I’m still concerned why the light sequence when plugging it in and why it won’t start to charge unless it’s first powered on.

I'm the better safe then sorry type Brother. I can handle loosing the drone, But I don't want it to crash and  hurt anyone or damage someone's property.  
2017-10-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

AlanHd Posted at 2017-10-7 13:14

Alan, does the same issue appear in the later test? If yes, please contact the support and send it in: http://www.dji.com/support
2017-10-7
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

The switch on and charge ..... DJI say its only applicable in the mid 90% range .... well I dispute that as I find I have battery's that I do this on at way lower - in fact I do it for all charging now.

I think I would telephone Maplin and see what they say.... I have always had good service from them and they post out ....

Nigel
2017-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules