2104 32 2017-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1168140 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just spent 4+ hours at a Harvest festical with 3 small children.  I took dozens and dozens of pictures, videos and pano.  This was with an iPhone 7.  All of the pictures are MISSING.  All of the Panos are MISSING.  Half of the videos are gone.

This is competely unaccetable. I need either a refund, a shipped replacement, or an RMA so I can return this piece of junk to Amazon!
2017-10-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I'm sorry to read your unpleasant experience. Just to verify, did you connect with the OSMO Mobile when you checked the pictures?

Also, please try to connect with iTunes to check the cached files.
Osmo Mobile.png
2017-10-7
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Was connected, seen this before.  It seems this product is just not ready for prime time.  it HAS to be reliable...and its just not.  Many others report the same thing.

Having to go the iTunes route is a last resort for products that just dont work correctly.  You all either need to fix this mess or pull the product until you do.

It's sad, since the drone products generally work well.
2017-10-9
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

DroneGuyEd Posted at 2017-10-9 08:51
Was connected, seen this before.  It seems this product is just not ready for prime time.  it HAS to be reliable...and its just not.  Many others report the same thing.

Having to go the iTunes route is a last resort for products that just dont work correctly.  You all either need to fix this mess or pull the product until you do.

What type of mobile do you have? Did you check the SD card?
2017-10-9
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Listed it above...iPhone 7.  lots of memory
2017-10-9
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Tried different cards as well...same unreliable result.
2017-10-9
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Still waiting form some action by DJI.  It's currently an expensive paper weight.
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

DroneGuyEd Posted at 2017-10-12 02:17
Still waiting form some action by DJI.  It's currently an expensive paper weight.

Could you please provide us the following info for further analysis?
1. Firmware version
2. APP version
3. iOS version and memory space
4. Is there any cache in editor?
2017-10-12
Use props
Terry Lau
lvl.2
Canada

sorry to hear your issues DroneGuyEd,
I bought 2 OSMO Mobiles last month
and it is very simple to setup
I am using an iphone 7 too with 128Gb
there is only 1 APP to install and it works well for me.
Except I am having minor issues with the joystick and the trigger
other than that, I am very happy with this product.
I found my fully charged iphone 7 runs out of battery after recording 1080p 60fps for 2 hours
2017-10-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Terry Lau Posted at 2017-10-19 14:42
sorry to hear your issues DroneGuyEd,
I bought 2 OSMO Mobiles last month
and it is very simple to setup

Terry, thanks for your positive feedback. If you encounter any problem, feel free to talk with us.
2017-10-20
Use props
drone flyer 955
lvl.2

United States

That is awful, sorry to hear that you lost your photos and videos. Hopefully they can get the bugs worked out of the product before even more people lose their photos.
2017-10-20
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Same thing happened today at an Apple picking thing.  all photos missing, all panos, and most videos.
2017-10-20
Use props
Stuge(original)
lvl.1
India

3 by 3 panorama feature works at time or it doesn't ...Its Finicky and unrealible .
2017-10-21
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

I'm  planning to put a OSMO on the Christmas wish list this year.  This thread worries me.
2017-10-21
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Maybe DJI will fix it , but based on what I see now, Id return it if I could.  when it works, i does well, but just not reliable at all.
2017-10-22
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2017-10-21 19:43
I'm  planning to put a OSMO on the Christmas wish list this year.  This thread worries me.

Right now they are on display at my Apple store(I'm assuming any apple stores) you can play with it before you buy if interested.
2017-10-22
Use props
The Slop
lvl.1
United Kingdom

The Oslo Mobile doesn't transfer images/video direct to phone but somehow stores them in the app. I had this problem which baffled me when I  first got mine you have to save the images/videos to the iPhone from within the app.

Apologies if you have tried this.
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DroneGuyEd Posted at 2017-10-20 13:35
Same thing happened today at an Apple picking thing.  all photos missing, all panos, and most videos.

Sir, could you please reply my post in 8# firstly?
We will feedback this issue to our engineers. Thanks.
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

The Slop Posted at 2017-10-26 10:56
The Oslo Mobile doesn't transfer images/video direct to phone but somehow stores them in the app. I had this problem which baffled me when I  first got mine you have to save the images/videos to the iPhone from within the app.

Apologies if you have tried this.

Yes, the footage are saved in APP instead of mobile phone directly.
Susan has posted the storage path in 2#.
2017-10-27
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-12 04:57
Could you please provide us the following info for further analysis?
1. Firmware version
2. APP version

Firmware: 1.6.0.80
App: 3.1.18 (2806)
IOS:  11.0  128 GB ram   30GB+ available
Cache.  Some images and videos appear

I also talked to service this week and they had me do a refresh using Assistant.  Will see how it does this weekend with some pics
2017-10-28
Use props
jrm11
lvl.3
Flight distance : 224577 ft
United States

DroneGuyEd Posted at 2017-10-9 08:51

"Having to go the iTunes route is a last resort for products that just dont work correctly.  "

Are you sure you have granted DJO Go access to your photo library and have saved the movies/photos there?

I'm not sure I agree with your quoted comment. I most use FilmicPro with my Osmo, but with both that and GO, I prefer my videos do NOT end up in my phone's camera roll. That's the default behavior for many apps, especially when you don't want large files auto loaded into the "cloud" on a cell connection. I'd much rather download them myself outside of "Photos" for later processing and editing.

Either way, make sure the items you are looking for are not still inside the DJI app. If you don't see them in "Photos" it may not mean they are lost. Simply that you haven't transferred them there yet.

2017-10-28
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

jrm11 Posted at 2017-10-28 09:58
"Having to go the iTunes route is a last resort for products that just dont work correctly.  "

Are you sure you have granted DJO Go access to your photo library and have saved the movies/photos there?

Yes, all access is there and granted.  Some times it works and other times it doesnt.

I have no issue with the design - storing images in the app area and then user control of what to move to camera roll area.  The issue is that the images and videos never appear in the app area much of the time.  

You go out, take 20+ images, return home later and find that NONE are shown in the app editor area.  At that point your only option is to use iTunes, download folders and sort through dozens and dozens of files looking for the images you took.

At this point I think this is more likely related to the app than the gear.  The images get taken, its what happens to them after.  They get stored as combos of thumb nails and full images somewhere in the folder structure, but just dont appear in the Editor area of the app...where the user goes to find them and download to their iphone camera roll.  They are basically MIA there, but burried in the file/folder structure with odd file names.

2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DroneGuyEd Posted at 2017-10-28 05:15
Firmware: 1.6.0.80
App: 3.1.18 (2806)
IOS:  11.0  128 GB ram   30GB+ available

Sorry for the late response.
The issue has been forwarded to our engineers, will keep you updated once I hear from them.
By the way, the firmware of Osmo Mobile cannot be refreshed via DJI Assistant 2.
May I know if you tried other mobile devices if possible?
2017-10-31
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-31 01:37
Sorry for the late response.
The issue has been forwarded to our engineers, will keep you updated once I hear from them.
By the way, the firmware of Osmo Mobile cannot be refreshed via DJI Assistant 2.

I have tried three different iPhones., same result for each.  I did a refresh using DJI Assistant 2 and tried it last night during Halloween.  That went ok.  We'll see how it does over next few days
2017-11-1
Use props
ToyCarCollector
lvl.2
Flight distance : 202126 ft
United States

DroneGuyEd Posted at 2017-11-1 05:44
I have tried three different iPhones., same result for each.  I did a refresh using DJI Assistant 2 and tried it last night during Halloween.  That went ok.  We'll see how it does over next few days

Have you searched your iPhone for the folder that the Osmo app stores the videos and photos in?  Connect to your computer and check the memory with a *.mp4 search.  i've been using Osmo Mobile two years very successfully, it is a wonderful product.
2017-11-1
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Would technical staff in any apple store help you with your problem? Wouldn't they be able to tell you whether it is the app or anything else?
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DroneGuyEd Posted at 2017-11-1 05:44

No problem, waiting for your update.
2017-11-2
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-2 01:25
No problem, waiting for your update.

The use on Halloween night went well, with no lost images.  Will be trying it more in coming week or so to see how it goes after refresh and recent updates to DJI Go app, which have also occurred.  

To me, this seems like an app issue of some sort, rather than hardware.
2017-11-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DroneGuyEd Posted at 2017-11-2 02:20
The use on Halloween night went well, with no lost images.  Will be trying it more in coming week or so to see how it goes after refresh and recent updates to DJI Go app, which have also occurred.  

To me, this seems like an app issue of some sort, rather than hardware.

It may be, hard to say. APP keeps updating and no other users reported the same problem so far.
Hope the problem will not happen again.
2017-11-2
Use props
jeffbake
lvl.3
Flight distance : 955587 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is it just the DJI Go app that isn't working or can you still take a picture and video using the native iPhone camera app when attached to the Osmo Mobile using the buttons on the handle (that should still work as a test).
2017-11-2
Use props
jeffbake
lvl.3
Flight distance : 955587 ft
  • >>>
United States

DroneGuyEd Posted at 2017-10-9 09:55
Tried different cards as well...same unreliable result.

You can't use different memory cards in an iPhone. Did you mean something else instead of cards? Are you using an Osmo Mobile?
2017-11-2
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

jeffbake Posted at 2017-11-2 10:16
You can't use different memory cards in an iPhone. Did you mean something else instead of cards? Are you using an Osmo Mobile?

Im not sure where these words of mine came from.  May be mis posted
2017-11-6
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

My iPhone X arrived yesterday.  So far, zero from the OSMO as DJI Go can see OSMO Mobile Bluetooth to connect.
And...to avoid the next question...Yes, did a refresh with Assistant 2...and zero change.  DJI Go cannot see the device Bluetooth .

Nothing but problems with device.
2017-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules