Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanscdb36c4e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 76437 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Hello,

Next problems, when i switch the Sparks Wifi to 2.4 ghz in the Dji Go App, my Galaxy S7 edge wont show the Wifi of the RC Controller.
It is very sad that Dji had so much problems with Android, i hope that will be better in future!!
The range on 5.8 ghz is not the best in Austria.
What can i do?
Thanks all for Help!

Sorry maybe not the best English.

Greetings Dan
2017-10-7
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I believe with the Spark the wi-fi connection between the AC and the RC when changed, then requires the frequency of the RC to the device to change to the other frequency to avoid interefence.

So if you change to 2.4ghz for the AC  then the it wil be 5.8ghz from the RC to the phone.

The RC specs states 5,745-5,825 GHz which is only channels 149 to 165 and thus a small part of 5.8ghz  band, not all phones will not work in full wifi mode because they do not work in those 149 to 165 channels, as regulation in some countries prevents the use of this part of the 5.8ghz band.
You could try and connect the RC to the phone by an OTG usb cable or find a dual band device that can use the narrow 5.8ghz band the DJI Go4 app is using
Hopefully DJI can change the software, but it maybe be RC hardware design
2017-10-7
Use props
fanscdb36c4e
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

Thank you for the infos, i try osd cable but this also dont work. i dont know what i do false.
2017-10-7
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fanscdb36c4e Posted at 2017-10-7 14:23
Thank you for the infos, i try osd cable but this also dont work. i dont know what i do false.

Some usb cables are not OTG compliant cables which can transfer data and power. A normal usb cable will only transfer power but some may also allow data if your lucky.
Something like this, is what may work

http://www.meenova.com/st/p/mbc_c2mu.html

You may need to experiment with them until you get the right one.

Also the sequence on how you turn on the AC and RC and DJIG04 app may have a impact.
I have found this works for me

1) turn on AC and then RC and connect both,
2) then turn on DJI Go4 to front screen
3) connect the OTG cable with the phone first
4) the last thing connect  the OTG cable to the RC.

You may a hear small tone  and then the DJIGo4 will be ready to fly and the screen will be visible
You may need to experiment with this sequence

I have my Samsung Galaxy S8+ and Ipad Mini 4 working this way with OTG.

For Android (ver 7.0)
DJI Go4 app version 4.1.9
AC firmware 01.00.0600
RC firmware 01.00.0400
AC database 01.00.01.05
APP database 01.00.01.05

2017-10-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

When changing the WiFi settings to 2.4GHz, it means the transmission will be switched to 2.4GHz, and in the meanwhile,  WiFi between the RC and your mobile device will be switched to 5.8GHz accordingly. So if your mobile device doesn't support 5.8GHz WiFi, the WiFi will not show up on the list. You can try to reset the RC's WiFi or change another device which supports 5.8GHz WiFi.
2017-10-8
Use props
Critical-Dan
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

I try it with otg cable and it dont work . Samsung galaxy s7 edge dont work with 5ghz. I own a bebop 2 with skycontroller and there is no problem with connecting.... why dji can not update the dji go app so we can change the channels for 5 ghz? Or support otg?
2017-10-8
Use props
Critical-Dan
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

Should i buy the original cable from dji for mavic rc? I had 2 osd adapter here, 1. Is the original micro usb to usb adapter from samsung, and the second is a black noname otg cable from amazon. All two wont work.
2017-10-8
Use props
Critical-Dan
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

I got usb otg working now, but its tricky everytime switch to 2.4 ghz, i hope dji let use this setting saveso we must dont switch to 2.4 every start.
2017-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules