Rudder EXPO settings ignored in TRIPOD mode?
404 2 2017-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wataero
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1719619 ft
United States

I have a P4P+ and in order to get smooth pans while filming I have my Rudder EXPO set to a very low value, usually .15.  However, when in TRIPOD mode which is designed for smooth flying these settings are ignored and the rudder reaction is much more abrupt, more like the default EXPO settings of .50.   I've noticed this lately so I don't know if it is a result of a recent update.  Has anyone else noticed this?  So my question is, is this a bug or is there some way to separetly set the EXPO settings for TRIPOD mode or are they fixed?  I really like the smooth shots you can get with tripod mode but the abrupt pans are spoiling them.  Any ideas?
2017-10-7
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha wataero,

There are two settings for the rudder, one is EXPO and the other is a PAN control option that makes PANs more or less abrupt.  Not everyone uses or even knows about the PAN option.  I do not know if these apply to TRIPOD, but I can check later when I fly.

Hope to help you later unless someone beats me to it.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-10-7
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha wataero,

The setting is called Yaw Endpoint and has a sensitivity from 60-300.  If you be sure to remember the default, you can experiment with the slider, for example try 100 and then 200.  Do some rotations and see how the rotations end.  It can really improve your videography.  Unfortunately, not everyone is able to understand the abstractness of it, so they tend to shy away from it.  But, it is a great tool none-the-less.

It is found in the same settings folder as EXPO.  It is at the bottom.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules