2500 18 2017-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SeanOzz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 612405 ft
  • >>>
United States

after the last go4 update my iphone 7plus and the go4 app have become usless for flying my Mavic.
my app opens and all appears fine at first. though you plug your phone in and all of a sudden the touch screen stops being a touch screen.
This is the current release of the go4 app and ios 11.1

onto the ipad mini2,  it worked fine for me since last jan, never a problem with delay or hang ups.
it's been in storage since i hike a lot now and use my phone 90% of the time. however when the go4 took a dump on my iphone i started using the ipad mini again.
it gets a cpu load error now, something it's never got before. I am running the prior version of the go4 app on it.
i did not want to lock my screen like the iphone so did not update it.

anyway, a dji representive told me they are aware with the current go4 app locking up the touch capabilities.
however, the cpu overload error seems wide spread as well from ipad mini 2 up to ipad mini4's.

what is the fix and what is the time period you guys are hoping to release fixed apps?
a generel idea would be better than nothing on this fix.

i travel thursday and would love to have my mavic at 100%

2017-10-7
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

iOS 11.1 is currently a beta OS. Like all beta software it may have glitches, issues with some apps and performance...
2017-10-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry for the difficulties you are experiencing. But I haven't noticed that the latest app had locked up the touching capacity of the iPhone actually. Had you tried to uninstall the app, or refresh the iOS system. You can have a try. And besides, CPU overload issue on iPad mini series should have optimized in the latest V 4.1.12. Please make sure if the app is on the latest version, also, reinstall is a good option to have, besides, avoid the direct sunlight, do not set the highest stream of transmission if possible, use a controller monitor hood or stand in the shade.
2017-10-8
Use props
BASE509
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2503 ft
United States

I’ve been having the same issue. Talked to dji rep and they told me the same thing. Issue with 11.0.1
They are trying to fix the issue and hopefully soon
2017-10-8
Use props
JoePicGuy
lvl.1
United States

BASE509 Posted at 2017-10-8 02:03
I’ve been having the same issue. Talked to dji rep and they told me the same thing. Issue with 11.0.1
They are trying to fix the issue and hopefully soon

Hello.. I'm using an Ipad 2 min, and my IOS is 11.0.2 and I'm getting the CPU Overload error, and green screen issues as well.
2017-10-8
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

I have seen lots of discussions on CPU overload issues on iPad mini 2 since  last updates. I have a iPad mini 4 and have not had any problems. I am thinking the mini 2 processor may not be fast enough to handle the load it has to take since the update. This is a comparison review of the two from MacWorld.

"The big difference between the two devices is the upgrade from an A7 CPU to A8. This takes you from a 1.3 to a 1.5 CPU (both dual-core). There is a slightly newer GPU as well, but both are quad core.
Interestingly, the new iPad mini 4 doesn't have the A8X chipset from the newer iPad Air 2 (itself a year old). And Apple has already moved on to an A9 processor for the new iPhone 6s (which comes complete with a six-core GPU). But nonetheless, you'll find that the iPad mini 4 is much speedier than the iPad mini 2, which is getting a bit sluggish in its old age but should still handle most tasks you throw at it."
2017-10-8
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I'd say the latest versions of the DJI Go4 app are maxing out the performance of the mini 2

Maybe it's time to downgrade to a previous version of the RC and AC firmware and live with the restrictions
2017-10-8
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

lannes Posted at 2017-10-8 04:26
I'd say the latest versions of the DJI Go4 app are maxing out the performance of the mini 2

Maybe it's time to downgrade to a previous version of the RC and AC firmware and live with the restrictions

It is not the AC/RC firmware that affects the iPad mini 2 performance so why would you downgrade them? ~ pretty bad advice! (I know because I have an iPad mini 2 and this very problem.)

The issue is iOS 11.0+ and the GO 4 app compatibility... if anything downgrade iOS and the GO app... BUT that is now not possible so the only way this will get fixed for people that cannot downgrade to 10.3.3 is:
1. DJI fixes the GO app by optimizing and conforming to Apple iOS 11+ changes.
2. Apple changes the "cpu throttling" behavior in the next update. (not likely)

I had the issue after upgrading to 11.0.1 and quickly went back to 10.3.3 and my issues with the GO app went away. (for now)
2017-10-8
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Bob Brown Posted at 2017-10-8 07:08
It is not the AC/RC firmware that affects the iPad mini 2 performance so why would you downgrade them? ~ pretty bad advice! (I know because I have an iPad mini 2 and this very problem.)

The issue is iOS 11.0+ and the GO 4 app compatibility... if anything downgrade iOS and the GO app... BUT that is now not possible so the only way this will get fixed for people that cannot downgrade to 10.3.3 is:

yep, this is pretty much it.

i am surprised to see DJI thor not aware of this issue with the locked up iphone screen on the app.
I am far from the only one on this forum with that very issue.

as far as the ipad mini cpu issue goes, it goes well beyond the ipad mini 2, many 4 users are reporting the same issue as i posted above.

i was contacted by another dji admin on another group telling me DJI is now aware of the issue and their team is working on an updated go4 release. however no time frame was given.

so in the meantime we who have updated to 11.1 (OS 11 worked fine for over 4 months of use) can either  downgrade just due to the go4 app or wait for a new release fixing these bugs.

any DJI employees wanna maybe throw out a time frame for the updated go4 app ?

ps. the cpu issue happens even with an older go4 app and ios 11.1
the screen is not locked on the ipad, just the iphone.
2017-10-8
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-8 01:40
Sorry for the difficulties you are experiencing. But I haven't noticed that the latest app had locked up the touching capacity of the iPhone actually. Had you tried to uninstall the app, or refresh the iOS system. You can have a try. And besides, CPU overload issue on iPad mini series should have optimized in the latest V 4.1.12. Please make sure if the app is on the latest version, also, reinstall is a good option to have, besides, avoid the direct sunlight, do not set the highest stream of transmission if possible, use a controller monitor hood or stand in the shade.

just a heads up. this seems to be an ongoing issue with ios 11.1 and the current go4 for some people.
i have uninstalled the go4 app and installed it again.  as before it works until you plug in the controller.

i have tried different wires and both connector inputs. no luck. my go4 app is virtually useless on the iphone 7 plus till you guys do an update.

on the ipad mini2, it is not an ipad mini 2 thing but seems to be an ip[ad mini thing in general. i have found many with the ipad mini4 now having the same issue.
you say the current go4 solves this but i have seen people posting with the current version who are still having the issue. (it's not a heat thing because i live in the mountains and it happened right before it snowed so i promise it wasn't hot, lol/

now if i update my ipad mini can you promise that it will not be 100% gimped like my iphone 7 plus?
if it freezes up on screen for touch controls due to the update then i will have no way to get decent video on my upcoming trip thursday.
2017-10-8
Use props
Eduardo0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6443990 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I have been with this problem for a week now and I have even opened up a thread to alert people.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-115169-1-1.html

I was under the impression that I was alone on this one, but apparently no.

Anyway, I fly my Mavic now with IOS 11 (not IOS 11.01) on my Mini IPAD 2 for the moment and it works fine.

I decided to wait for the next upgrade on the DJI GO 4 to return to the Iphone 7 +
2017-10-8
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Eduardo0 Posted at 2017-10-8 15:58
I have been with this problem for a week now and I have even opened up a thread to alert people.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-115169-1-1.html

are you running the newest go4 on the ipad mini and not getting the cpu error?

i have another buddy who cannot fly with there phone anymore either due to the touch screen becoming disabled when it's plugged into the remote.
2017-10-8
Use props
fansc0fb4145
lvl.3
Flight distance : 521627 ft
Germany

SeanOzz Posted at 2017-10-8 18:51
are you running the newest go4 on the ipad mini and not getting the cpu error?

i have another buddy who cannot fly with there phone anymore either due to the touch screen becoming disabled when it's plugged into the remote.

It might be because of a bad cable, they can mess with the touch display. Best you have him check it out
2017-10-9
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

fansc0fb4145 Posted at 2017-10-9 02:13
It might be because of a bad cable, they can mess with the touch display. Best you have him check it out

tried that 1st thing. it is a conflict between the ios beta 11.1 and the most recent go4 app.

or at least the touch screen issue is.

the cpu overload on the ipad mini is also a conflict of the go4 app and the os on the ipad mini which is why mini 4's are also effected.

i am just hoping DJI gets an update out asap.
2017-10-9
Use props
Eduardo0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6443990 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

fansc0fb4145 Posted at 2017-10-9 02:13

Yes, I am running with the latest DJI GO 4 app and the Mini Ipad 2 with no issues. But the Mini Ipad is still with IOS 11 and not 11.1
2017-10-9
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

here is what is going on.

i have heard back from DJI and they are working on a new release. I wish they could hint at how much longer till it might come out.

2017-10-27
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

issue still persist with 11.2 update. dji has emailed me they are working on a go4 update but that seems to be taking longer than expected to get it out to fix the situation.
any time frame updates?
2017-11-3
Use props
Ferks
lvl.2
United States

I'm on the iOS beta program too and at the latest release, my Mavic firmware is at 1.03.0700 and my DJI Go app version is at 4.0.8 and my iPhone 5s and iPad Mini 4 work perfectly, I will never update the firmware on the Mavic or update the DJI Go app, no need to.
2017-11-3
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

latest g04 update fixed 90% of the issue.
the playback screen is still bugged so you can't get images from the flight to your phone easily at the moment.
It's close to normal again though!
2017-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules