Upgrade of RC Failed. Phantom4 recognized as Inspire 1
2194 10 2017-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Planejumper
New
Flight distance : 142530 ft
Israel

After upgrading the aircraft via assistant2, and connecting the go-4 app, it told me I needed to upgrade the rc firmware.  I clicked on a button and it started downloading.  After downloading completed, I clicked on the button to upgrade firmware.  The upgrade failed in the process.

Now the RC doesn't power up normally.  I get a cyan light instead of a red or green light.

I've tried powering off the rc, pressing C1, C2 shutter and toggling camera settings dial.  Then turned on the remote and connect the android device (nexus 7).  It tells me that:
Current DJI Device: Inspire 1
Use the DJI GO APP for this device.

Anyway, I am unable to connect to the RC in any way to do a firmware downgrade or upgrade.  the RC is basically bricked.  I need some help getting this RC working again.

Thanks in advance for your assistance in this matter.

2017-10-8
Use props
Odyseas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4308 ft

Greece

Same problem with my phantom 4...
2017-10-8
Use props
Odyseas
lvl.1

Greece

Same problem mate, didnt find a solution so far
2017-10-8
Use props
Odyseas
lvl.1

Greece

I Must also add that when i am turning on my rc, there is no beeo noise and it lights on after 1rst push of power button , plus the last light of the battery status is blinking
2017-10-8
Use props
Planejumper
New
Israel

Odyseas Posted at 2017-10-8 09:04
I Must also add that when i am turning on my rc, there is no beeo noise and it lights on after 1rst push of power button , plus the last light of the battery status is blinking

Mine is the same, except that the last light is not blinking, like yours.  None of my lights are blinking.
2017-10-8
Use props
Planejumper
New
Israel

FYI: I have a phantom 4.  NOT a Phantom 4 Pro.  Admin, please move to the correct forum.  Thanks
2017-10-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Just to verify, after holding C1+C2+Shutter button, and toggling camera dials(do not let them go), then turn on the RC, did you see the update message in aircraft status bar?

If this doesn't work after several times, please send it in for fully diagnosis and repair: http://www.dji.com/support.
2017-10-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Odyseas Posted at 2017-10-8 04:52
Same problem with my phantom 4...

Sir, I have replied you in this post: https://forum.dji.com/thread-115628-1-1.html. Please check and confirm.
2017-10-8
Use props
Planejumper
New
Israel

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-8 23:44
Just to verify, after holding C1+C2+Shutter button, and toggling camera dials(do not let them go), then turn on the RC, did you see the update message in aircraft status bar?

If this doesn't work after several times, please send it in for fully diagnosis and repair: http://www.dji.com/support.

It sounds to me like you didn't read my post.  The DJI Go 4 app detects it as a Inspire, and get's me to install the DJI go for drones before phantom 4.

The solution is really not that difficult.  I found a video on youtube that walked me through the process of using both the dji go and dji go4 app to correctly upgrade the firmware on the RC after the failure.  

This process has worked for me.  None of DJI's suggestions have worked, but this video does provide a correct working solution.  

Don't know if this will work for everyone with this problem, but it worked for me, so it's maybe worth a try...

Here's the link to the youtube video:  

2017-10-9
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Planejumper Posted at 2017-10-9 00:01
It sounds to me like you didn't read my post.  The DJI Go 4 app detects it as a Inspire, and get's me to install the DJI go for drones before phantom 4.

The solution is really not that difficult.  I found a video on youtube that walked me through the process of using both the dji go and dji go4 app to correctly upgrade the firmware on the RC after the failure.  

You can only communicate with a Phantom 4 using DJI Go 4, older DJI Go will not work.

The App' sees your aircraft as Inspire 1 because that is the application default, it shows this default because it cannot communicate with the aircraft via the RC to identify which model it is.

Reinstall DJI Go 4 on your display device, for the Nexus 7 (2013) it will be V4.1.9.
I do not know what the reset is now using RC V1.9.3, my old method does not produce any response.

This is the routine to manually relink the RC to aircraft. I don't think this will work with your RC in its current state, but worth a try:-

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller, wait 30 seconds for aircraft to initialise.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button (top left button) on the controller, then the controller will beep 'D-DD'.
*Let go all fingers, then press the wheel on the right side of the controller (It's a 'click wheel', similar to a mouse wheel) and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds (the button doubles up as LED to left of SD card slot), and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will link soon. LEDs on aircraft and controller will both turn green.

Edit:- I see you have it sorted now

2017-10-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Planejumper Posted at 2017-10-9 00:01

Thanks for keeping us updated. Anyway, glad to hear that you figured it out. Happy flying!
2017-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules