Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Please make the USB OTG Official!!
1691 14 2017-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Critical-Dan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 76437 ft
  • >>>
Austria

PLEASE DJI!

In Austria i can only use 5.8 ghz connection to Spark, my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is not possible to connect 5.8 ghz to the controller so i can only use the shorter 5.8ghz.This is useless, because the 5.8 ghz Wlan connection to the rc is not Working because of the rules.So please make the OTG option official!

Thank you!
Greetings Dan
2017-10-8
Use props
Anuvis
First Officer
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

Sorry,  but you are speaking to a wall.. We try many times to get attention in this forum from mods but nothing....Its a problem that needs to be fixed...We encourage users that have problem with Wi-Fi in EU to make a bug report from the dji go app...maybe this is the only way to fix our problem....Dont wait anything from this forum kr the moderators...they are bots with always the same fixed answers....sory...this is the truth....
2017-10-8
Use props
Zbig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7349 ft
Poland

Hmm... I found it hard to believe for the flagship 2016 Samsung phone not to support 5.8 GHz WiFi and sure enough, according to the specs I found on GSMarena, its WiFi is listed as dual-band. Are you sure your smartphone is functioning properly? Have you tried connecting to the "normal" 5.8 GHz WiFi network hosted by a home router?

EDIT:
I have done some reading and only now learned that Austria has adopted some special regulations that limit the 5 GHz channels available to only a subrange of what's generally available in most other countries. I didn't know that, sorry!
2017-10-8
Use props
davmau
lvl.1

Germany

Have a look here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-110403-4-1.html, post 149...
2017-10-8
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are you aware that you can manually switch the frequency from 5.8 to 2.4 after turning on the spark and before take off when not using the OTG. You will have to do it at the start of every flight but it only takes seconds - tap 2.4 and the channels pop up in the bar graph - select the channel with the lease noise on the channel index list underneath and follow the on screen prompt - this will switch your frequency.
2017-10-8
Use props
fans0c10c3ea
lvl.4
United States

I believe your wish may have come true
http://store.dji.com/product/cry ... fd92b1002&pm=custom
Look on right in blue
2017-10-8
Use props
Critical-Dan
lvl.1
  • >>>
Austria

Yihaaa
2017-10-8
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flying wifi now has gotten a lot better, I never used to trust flying wifi since after the last update it is better than OTG now.
2017-10-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please notice that OTG is not suggested now, I would recommend you use WIFI to connect your spark instead.
2017-10-12
Use props
Bright Spark
First Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

You might recommend it but  IT DON'T WORK
2017-10-13
Use props
Jr 5542
lvl.4
United States

OTG does not work with the Spark anymore at lease in my case.
2017-10-13
Use props
ped078
Second Officer
Flight distance : 565794 ft
United Kingdom

fans0c10c3ea Posted at 2017-10-8 12:17
I believe your wish may have come true
http://store.dji.com/product/cry ... fd92b1002&pm=custom
Look on right in blue

Link doesn't work.
2017-10-14
Use props
brezilla
Flight distance : 1198 ft
Serbia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-12 23:19
Please notice that OTG is not suggested now, I would recommend you use WIFI to connect your spark instead.

Tell us Elektra, how to connect to 5.8ghz in Europe when you've set to illegal channel?

From DJI support: "You are not the only one that has mentioned this and engineering is aware of the issue.  Your only option is the OTG cable.  We do support the OTG for our goggles.".

So you guys need to agree what you support or not support. Officialy OTG is no go, unofficialy you are keeping that otherwise you would hit by massive recall in EU.
2017-10-14
Use props
Critical-Dan
lvl.1
  • >>>
Austria

Dji Elektra, the Sparks range is very Poor in Europe a
On 5.8 ghz, 2.4 rc to spark connection is useless for us here in europe, because we dont can use it! No connection possible between the rc N the smartphone because of the 5.8 ghz illegal channels. Wifi of the rc is not shown!! Please do anything thats realy bad.
2017-10-14
Use props
doZer the ogre
lvl.1
Flight distance : 78563 ft
United States

Critical-Dan Posted at 2017-10-14 14:19
Dji Elektra, the Sparks range is very Poor in Europe a
On 5.8 ghz, 2.4 rc to spark connection is useless for us here in europe, because we dont can use it! No connection possible between the rc N the smartphone because of the 5.8 ghz illegal channels. Wifi of the rc is not shown!! Please do anything thats realy bad.

is it too late to return? sounds like a drag.
2017-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules