12Next >
19572 43 2017-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Scarletsboy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

So DJI app go said to update the firmware so I did
Half way along it stopped working and just had loads of bleeping. I left this along after 20 mins it turned its self off. Now when I turn it on I get a red led next to the battery lights, I tried a doing a reset but that does not seem to work.
When I now connected it to my iPad I can't even bring the phantom up it just shows the picture of an inspire 1, but my I phone shows no info on the screen at all.
The app version is showing 3.1.15

Not sure what to do next

2017-10-8
Use props
fansdb1fe3e8
New
Flight distance : 3638 ft
United States

Same problem. Red light on my remote. Won't connect to my Phantom 3 Pro now. This latest upgrade has been nothing but a problem.
2017-10-8
Use props
fansdb1fe3e8
New
Flight distance : 3638 ft
United States

Same Problem. Read light after the update. Won't connect to my P3 Pro now.
2017-10-8
Use props
Scarletsboy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Well I am sad but glad its not just me
2017-10-8
Use props
BlueBirdTN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90686 ft
  • >>>
United States

A few things to try.  Turn off/on your tablet not connected to RC.  Then connect cable and turn on the RC and see what happens.

Here is something that was written this morning by a DJI Tech.

RC Reser.PNG
2017-10-8
Use props
Scarletsboy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

BlueBirdTN Posted at 2017-10-8 10:22
A few things to try.  Turn off/on your tablet not connected to RC.  Then connect cable and turn on the RC and see what happens.

Here is something that was written this morning by a DJI Tech.

Well, I turned my iPad off and on uninstalled DJI Go went to the app store downloaded DJI go for Phantom 3  and now it only see the inspire 1 pro or raw just what the hell is going on ??
I also have done the reset on the RC and now it just bleeps all the time with the red light flashing instead of being solid red.
I have no clue what to do now or who to speak to about this I had a full working system this morning all stopped thanks for this.
2017-10-8
Use props
Scarletsboy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

quadpilot Posted at 2017-10-8 12:01
sounds like it bailed out 1/2 way through the upgrade
try re-doing it again and then linking the remote to the A/C

Thanks but that help I have no way of doing it,  where do I get the firmware from as it was done last time via the go app. I cant do that now as the RC does not show on the app. Am I meant to be put the firmware from the DJI website on a memory stick and doing via the USB slot is this the right firmware ?  v1.11.20 put this
2017-10-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Please refer below and try to link RC without APP.

a. Turn on both the aircraft and the controller. Hold C1, C2, and the record button (top left button) on the controller.
b. Then press the wheel on the right side of the controller
c. Use a tool to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 2 seconds, and it will link soon.

Alternatively, change another USB cable or recommended mobile will be helpful to verify.
2017-10-8
Use props
Scarletsboy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

quadpilot Posted at 2017-10-8 12:58
if you have an earlier version of f/w on the drone and the latest app on your remote
it will not work as far as i have been told
to install the firmware on the drone if its a P3A or P3P

USB slot do you mean the memory card slot on the drone?
2017-10-9
Use props
fuzzy70
lvl.1

Norway

Having the same problem, red light on remote, no contact between rc and pad (except charging), and no contact between rc and quad (does not react to startup command). Have tried to install new firmware via usb, but rc is not reading/reacting to installation file (.bin), just a steady red light.. (newest firmware successfully installed on quad).
2017-10-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fuzzy70 Posted at 2017-10-9 23:06
Having the same problem, red light on remote, no contact between rc and pad (except charging), and no contact between rc and quad (does not react to startup command). Have tried to install new firmware via usb, but rc is not reading/reacting to installation file (.bin), just a steady red light.. (newest firmware successfully installed on quad).

Which aircraft are you referring to? If it is Phantom 3 ADV/PRO, please try what Susan suggested.
2017-10-9
Use props
fuzzy70
lvl.1

Norway

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-9 23:29
Which aircraft are you referring to? If it is Phantom 3 ADV/PRO, please try what Susan suggested.

Phantom 3 Pro - have tried everything above my post - no success
2017-10-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fuzzy70 Posted at 2017-10-9 23:44
Phantom 3 Pro - have tried everything above my post - no success

Try to reset the remote controller.
* Turn on the controller, and make sure the aircraft is off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller and then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

If that does not work try to force the controller to update:
* Turn on the controller, and make the aircraft is off.
* Press C1, C2, record and the wheel on the right side of the controller and then turn off the controller.
* Don’t let go of any of the buttons, turn on the controller. Then the controller will be able to update again.
2017-10-10
Use props
fuzzy70
lvl.1

Norway

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-10 00:03
Try to reset the remote controller.
* Turn on the controller, and make sure the aircraft is off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller and then turn the controller off.

I will try to force the update..

So i am supposed to hold the buttons while i am turning the controller off, and also while turning on? - for how long shall i keep holding?
2017-10-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fuzzy70 Posted at 2017-10-10 00:57
I will try to force the update..

So i am supposed to hold the buttons while i am turning the controller off, and also while turning on? - for how long shall i keep holding?

Yes, keep holding until the RC powered on again.
2017-10-10
Use props
fuzzy70
lvl.1

Norway

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-10 01:21
Yes, keep holding until the RC powered on again.

The led is now green and there is a glowing edge around the RTH-button - what to do now (no connection with the dji app)
2017-10-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fuzzy70 Posted at 2017-10-10 01:49
The led is now green and there is a glowing edge around the RTH-button - what to do now (no connection with the dji app)

Try different USB cables, would recommend you try the original USB cable of your mobile device first. Besides, try other mobile devices if you can.
2017-10-10
Use props
fuzzy70
lvl.1

Norway

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-10 03:17
Try different USB cables, would recommend you try the original USB cable of your mobile device first. Besides, try other mobile devices if you can.

Thank You for good help! Did a Remote Controller Calibration and finally got contact with the rc.. then linking with the aircraft..  so now everything seems fine ...

Fingers crossed when i do my first test run!
2017-10-10
Use props
Scarletsboy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-9 23:29

I have a P3 Advance, I give this a try tomorrow when I have more time
2017-10-10
Use props
PowerBand1
lvl.3

Australia

Scarletsboy Posted at 2017-10-10 12:57

Painful...
2017-10-10
Use props
Scarletsboy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Scarletsboy Posted at 2017-10-10 12:57

ok I done a reset and the led on the RC is now blinking green and on the drone I have 2 red leds at the front and 2 yellow led at the back, on the gimbal where the reset button is that is going from red to green. on the dji app it now only shows me the picture of the inspire 1 or inspire 1 raw, where has my advance gone ???
2017-10-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fuzzy70 Posted at 2017-10-10 03:53
Thank You for good help! Did a Remote Controller Calibration and finally got contact with the rc.. then linking with the aircraft..  so now everything seems fine ...

Fingers crossed when i do my first test run!

Glad to hear that, enjoy the drone, happy flying!
2017-10-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Scarletsboy Posted at 2017-10-10 14:27
ok I done a reset and the led on the RC is now blinking green and on the drone I have 2 red leds at the front and 2 yellow led at the back, on the gimbal where the reset button is that is going from red to green. on the dji app it now only shows me the picture of the inspire 1 or inspire 1 raw, where has my advance gone ???

Besides, did you upgrade the drone before? Please format the SD card, then restart the drone, then try what I suggested on the post 16#.
2017-10-11
Use props
Scarletsboy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Update, well I think I  have linked the RC linked to the drone,  (turn the motors on, move the camera around) green lights on the back of the drone. Blinking green light on the RC

I can not get any device I have, Ipad 1, IPad 3, iphone6 to get past the DJI go app screen of how to connect, nothing it just shows me the instructions on how to connect.
I have tried 3 different leads and still nothing, I have no clue what to do next.
I have formatted another card and that not changed anything

The last firmware update I think I did was to 1.09.0060. I have done 1.11.020 on the drone itself

As said before this only happen since the DJI go app tried to update itself

2017-10-14
Use props
Scarletsboy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

wow guess the help has dried up here
2017-10-17
Use props
JDM76
lvl.1
Flight distance : 406562 ft
United States

Seems like lots of people having this same issue. I am one of them!!
2017-10-17
Use props
Scarletsboy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

JDM76 Posted at 2017-10-17 12:37

You would think they fix the problem but its ok only spent like $800  on a drone, what to do next ?????
2017-10-18
Use props
Palladium91
lvl.1
Flight distance : 833 ft
France

Scarletsboy Posted at 2017-10-18 11:04
You would think they fix the problem but its ok only spent like $800  on a drone, what to do next ?????

Hi there
Scarlet, I think I have the exact same problem
I ve already tried to downgrade rc or quad, but the firmware is not allowed to be downgraded! Thank u DJI!!!
I tried also to disconnect the battery of rc hoping for a reset but didnt work
Now im a bit lost
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Scarletsboy Posted at 2017-10-14 04:45
Update, well I think I  have linked the RC linked to the drone,  (turn the motors on, move the camera around) green lights on the back of the drone. Blinking green light on the RC

I can not get any device I have, Ipad 1, IPad 3, iphone6 to get past the DJI go app screen of how to connect, nothing it just shows me the instructions on how to connect.

Is there any chance to verify the issue via an Android mobile? As for the connection with iOS devices, our engineers are talking with Apple and hope it can be fixed soon.
2017-10-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

JDM76 Posted at 2017-10-17 12:37

Sir, I have replied you in this post: https://forum.dji.com/thread-116614-1-1.html
2017-10-19
Use props
Scarletsboy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-19 00:20
Is there any chance to verify the issue via an Android mobile? As for the connection with iOS devices, our engineers are talking with Apple and hope it can be fixed soon.

Hi Susan yeah i can get my hands on one i try that tomorrow
2017-10-19
Use props
Palladium91
lvl.1
France

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-19 00:20

While the iOS devices cannot connect the RC at all (either charge or able to connect the RC), I tried with a Huawei P8 : the phone starts to charge but still no way to connect the app to the RC
2017-10-22
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
France

I had this but after a re-pair of the controller and p3p all worked great ;)
2017-10-22
Use props
Scarletsboy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Well used a Kindle today and still the same problem when trying to connect, if I scroll to the inspire 1 I can go into the app but just blank screen all the icons are there no image on the camera but can move around in the app like normal. I have now gone back and used my iPhone and still nothing, if I hold down the 3 lines at the top right of the app it says I have no firmware installed at all and not able to select a version or download an update. I still seem to be no further forward, on an issue caused by a bad firmware update of the app by DJI
2017-10-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Scarletsboy Posted at 2017-10-22 04:14
Well used a Kindle today and still the same problem when trying to connect, if I scroll to the inspire 1 I can go into the app but just blank screen all the icons are there no image on the camera but can move around in the app like normal. I have now gone back and used my iPhone and still nothing, if I hold down the 3 lines at the top right of the app it says I have no firmware installed at all and not able to select a version or download an update. I still seem to be no further forward, on an issue caused by a bad firmware update of the app by DJI

Thanks for getting back to us. Double checked, the drone works well when do not connect with APP, right?  Please try to uninstall the APP and delete all related files, then reinstall it again. If still no helps, I suspect the USB port might be damaged, please consider to send it in.
2017-10-24
Use props
Scarletsboy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-24 01:22
Thanks for getting back to us. Double checked, the drone works well when do not connect with APP, right?  Please try to uninstall the APP and delete all related files, then reinstall it again. If still no helps, I suspect the USB port might be damaged, please consider to send it in.

Thanks DJI Susan, i have not put any blades on the drone in fear of crashing it but when i push the stick left and right, up and down the motors spin accordingly I can move the camera up and down as well.
So my question is how can the port be damage from doing a firmware update? noting was touched while this happens, I did not move the drone or the RC at that time.The battery was full and so was the RC half way thru the update the RC LED started blinking and then bleeping and then the app won't work.
As words can be lost in text are you saying that I have damaged the USB port in some way, so they only way to fix the RC is to send this in and be charged for a repair on it?

I had this drone for over 1.5 years it packed away in its case every time it's used, I have never dropped the RC, crashed the drone I am very careful with my stuff, so really not sure how the USB port can be damaged half way doing a RC firmware update? That just does not make sense to me.
2017-10-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Scarletsboy Posted at 2017-10-24 13:39
Thanks DJI Susan, i have not put any blades on the drone in fear of crashing it but when i push the stick left and right, up and down the motors spin accordingly I can move the camera up and down as well.
So my question is how can the port be damage from doing a firmware update? noting was touched while this happens, I did not move the drone or the RC at that time.The battery was full and so was the RC half way thru the update the RC LED started blinking and then bleeping and then the app won't work.
As words can be lost in text are you saying that I have damaged the USB port in some way, so they only way to fix the RC is to send this in and be charged for a repair on it?

Generally, the firmware update will not cause hardware damage, but hardware glitches can not detected during the update. I'm not sure the exact status, damaged port is just a speculation of mine, so I recommend you to send it in for fully diagnosis. The local team will check the exact status.
2017-10-27
Use props
Palladium91
lvl.1
France

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-27 02:11
Generally, the firmware update will not cause hardware damage, but hardware glitches can not detected during the update. I'm not sure the exact status, damaged port is just a speculation of mine, so I recommend you to send it in for fully diagnosis. The local team will check the exact status.

Hi Susan, as I have the exact same issue, like Scarlett I might also consider to send it for repair.
But the drone is not under waranty anymore, and regarding the issue is not due to any mistake from me, what is DJI going to do about this??
2017-10-28
Use props
Scarletsboy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-27 02:11

Thank you DJI Susan, but I stand by my comments that this happens during a firmware update I never had a problem connecting my tablet/phone to the RC. I don't ram it in and now I have to send this in to be looked at no doubt at a cost me to which I think is totally unacceptable. If the USB port did not work why would I be able to get into the app screen for the inspire one but not see a picture, every time I connect the Kindle it makes a noise to say its connected to a USB port. Again this is not a USB matter but a firmware. when in the app screen it says I have no firmware installed, how can I fix that when the app does not give an option to download one ?
2017-10-29
Use props
Scarletsboy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Palladium91 Posted at 2017-10-28 08:22
Hi Susan, as I have the exact same issue, like Scarlett I might also consider to send it for repair.
But the drone is not under waranty anymore, and regarding the issue is not due to any mistake from me, what is DJI going to do about this??

I agree with you here, I get a feeling I be charged to fix an issue created by DJI. If that is the case that is really not good customer service.

AgainI really don't see it being a USB port problem see my comments in #43
2017-10-29
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules