1829 22 2017-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Little John
lvl.3
Flight distance : 192244 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

Having had one flight around 20 mins with no issues recording movies and still shots I landed and moved to a nearby location. I put a fully charged battery in the manic and took to the Sky.
This time I had been flying for a few minutes filming in movie mode and then switched to still camera mode and took a still shot.
When I tried to switch back to still camera mode the camera wouldn't change back to film mode or take any more photos in still mode.  After around 20 the screen on my iPad went blank with no picture from the magic.  
Just as started to panic as I was about a 100 metres out over the sea the picture came back and it looked like the gimbal was resetting.  
After this I had no problems with the camera or screen and the magic flew fine for the rest of the 20 minute flight.

Does anyone have any ideas what happened or do you think it was a one off glitch?

I'm using the latest DJI go 4 app and my mini iPad 4 is using IOS 1.3.3

Thanks
John
2017-10-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi John, I would like to learn more about your case. So you mentioned that you can't switch the camera to recording mode, then 20 seconds' later the app lost the image transmission, then the transmission came back to the screen with a live transmission of gimbal resetting, right? Were you recording or taking photos at that time? If yes, would you mind sending the original pictures or videos to me so I can learn more for this case? Thank you for your assistance.
2017-10-8
Use props
Little John
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-8 19:01
Hi John, I would like to learn more about your case. So you mentioned that you can't switch the camera to photo mode, then 20 seconds' later the app lost the image transmission, then the transmission came back to the screen with a live transmission of gimbal resetting, right? Were you recording or taking photos at that time? If yes, would you mind sending the original pictures or videos to me so I can learn more for this case? Thank you for your assistance.

Hi Thor, Thank you for your reply.  I had just taken a still image and was trying to switch back to movie when it locked and then lost transmission.
2017-10-8
Use props
Little John
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-8 19:01
Hi John, I would like to learn more about your case. So you mentioned that you can't switch the camera to photo mode, then 20 seconds' later the app lost the image transmission, then the transmission came back to the screen with a live transmission of gimbal resetting, right? Were you recording or taking photos at that time? If yes, would you mind sending the original pictures or videos to me so I can learn more for this case? Thank you for your assistance.

Yes the live screen transmission went off and when it came back on I could see the picture  and the gimbal resetting on the screen.
2017-10-9
Use props
sica
Second Officer
Flight distance : 679 ft
Israel

and I have suffered this after the last firmware upgrade. android 4.1.10
2017-10-9
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Little John Posted at 2017-10-8 21:52
Hi Thor, Thank you for your reply.  I had just taken a still image and was trying to switch back to movie when it locked and then lost transmission.

Are you able to see  your photos posted on the SD card?
2017-10-9
Use props
Little John
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-9 11:39
Are you able to see  your photos posted on the SD card?

Hi, Yes I can see the photos and film that I took.
2017-10-9
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Little John Posted at 2017-10-9 12:37
Hi, Yes I can see the photos and film that I took.

Please double check your SD card, usb cable and consider relinking the remote to see if this helps you out with this issue.
2017-10-9
Use props
Little John
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-9 12:39
Please double check your SD card, usb cable and consider relinking the remote to see if this helps you out with this issue.

Thanks for your help Mark I will try out your suggestions.  Would any of these cause the gimbal to reset in flight?
2017-10-9
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Little John Posted at 2017-10-9 12:43
Thanks for your help Mark I will try out your suggestions.  Would any of these cause the gimbal to reset in flight?

Can you post a video to demonstrate how your gimbal is resetting during the flight? Usually if the video goes blank, it may be a connectivity with a USB cable or the app is out of date. Possibly it can also be a remote needing to re-link to the remote.
2017-10-9
Use props
Little John
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-9 12:48
Can you post a video to demonstrate how your gimbal is resetting during the flight? Usually if the video goes blank, it may be a connectivity with a USB cable or the app is out of date. Possibly it can also be a remote needing to re-link to the remote.

Unfortunately Mark I was not recording video at the time. I was trying to switch back from single photo mode to video mode and that is when the screen became unresponsive and then lost video link to the Mavic and when the video came back on I could see gimbal resetting on the screen.

Thanks
John
2017-10-9
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Little John Posted at 2017-10-9 12:53
Unfortunately Mark I was not recording video at the time. I was trying to switch back from single photo mode to video mode and that is when the screen became unresponsive and then lost video link to the Mavic and when the video came back on I could see gimbal resetting on the screen.

Thanks

Is this issue consistent? Are you getting this issue when specific actions are taken or was this something new?
2017-10-9
Use props
Little John
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-9 13:25
Is this issue consistent? Are you getting this issue when specific actions are taken or was this something new?

It was  the first time it had happened
2017-10-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Little John Posted at 2017-10-9 21:55

Understand that. If you had changed the SD card but with no luck, could you please provide a video which could help us to grasp the info of the whole app and the reaction of the camera? Thank you so much.
2017-10-10
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Little John Posted at 2017-10-9 21:55

You may want to keep an eye out to see if the gimbal will reset. Of course, gimbal calibrations may help. If you find this issue is ongoing, consider what is going on at that moment. Ultimately, it may take a technician to look at your product. However, updated firmware and calibration may ultimately resolve this issue.
2017-10-10
Use props
Little John
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-10 06:53
You may want to keep an eye out to see if the gimbal will reset. Of course, gimbal calibrations may help. If you find this issue is ongoing, consider what is going on at that moment. Ultimately, it may take a technician to look at your product. However, updated firmware and calibration may ultimately resolve this issue.

Thanks Mark I will keep an eye on the gimbal.  I’m already running the latest firmware in the Mavic.
I will calibrate the gimbal and see if the problem happens again.
2017-10-10
Use props
Little John
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-10 00:31
Understand that. If you had changed the SD card but with no luck, could you please provide a video which could help us to grasp the info of the whole app and the reaction of the camera? Thank you so much.

Thor, I was not in video mode when this happened.  
Would any data for the gimbal and camera be stored in the flight data?
2017-10-10
Use props
Little John
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-10 00:31

Thor do you want a video of the flight playback or of the footage from the sad card?
2017-10-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Little John Posted at 2017-10-10 09:45
Thor do you want a video of the flight playback or of the footage from the sad card?

Yes, if it is possible. Could you please help to test if the problem happens again? Any info about the resetting of the gimbal from the SD card, or the video of the cache version, and the operating procedures are highly appreciated. Besides, please help to list the firmware version and the app's version, it is on About of General Settings. Thank you so much of your assistance.
2017-10-10
Use props
Little John
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-10 18:15
Yes, if it is possible. Could you please help to test if the problem happens again? Any info about the resetting of the gimbal from the SD card, or the video of the cache version, and the operating procedures are highly appreciated. Besides, please help to list the firmware version and the app's version, it is on About of General Settings. Thank you so much of your assistance.

Hi Thor,
Here is the information you asked for
App version 4.1.12
Aircraft 01.04.0000
Remote 01.04.0000
Flight database 01.00.01.07
Basic app fly safe database 01.00.01.05
Precise appfly safe database 01.00.01.07

Mini iPad 4 128gb none cellular only installed extra apps DJI go 4 and Nats Drone assist
iOS version 10.3.3
115gb available space

Here are the links to the video and still image taken before the gimbal reset and the video straight after the reset. All taken from the SD card.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/76b1dzbrrrjm6ie/DJI_0096.MP4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fsdu2r83rkkjozk/DJI_0093.MP4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rjsy22v8y8wdbb8/DJI_0094.DNG?dl=0
2017-10-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Little John Posted at 2017-10-11 12:33
Hi Thor,
Here is the information you asked for
App version 4.1.12

Thank you so much of your assistance, hope it will help to locate what the issue will be. Appreciate your kindness.
2017-10-14
Use props
charlesetischer
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Dear customer, according to our preliminary analysis results, it may be a hard issue. Could you send it back to us for further analysis? Thanks!
2017-10-26
Use props
Little John
lvl.3
United Kingdom

charlesetischer Posted at 2017-10-26 00:14
Dear customer, according to our preliminary analysis results, it may be a hard issue. Could you send it back to us for further analysis? Thanks!

Where do I need to send it and do I need some sort of fault report number?
2017-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules