New Spark: ESC Status Error
4609 14 2017-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
xtfu
New
Italy

I bought a Spark kit for my boyfriend as an anniversary gift. He was very happy when I gave it to him, and became very unhappy after trying to activate it for one day---- because of the ESC status Error.
I attached the screenshot of DJI GO 4 app, showing "1No. ESC status error".  

Also, one of the four lights does not work, is it connected to the ESC error problem?

What can I do to fix this problem? I really feel down...

I would also like to buy a DJI CARE, according to the DJI website I should buy it within 48hours after activating the drone, but I do not even know whether I have activated it..... the online support is not available these days, I do not know where to ask....

Can I also put the product SN here?
0ASUE6Q00102GS

Many thanks...  

ESC

ESC

light

light
2017-10-8
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

I think that is a defect unit....You should contact support imediately and open a case to replace the drone under waranty....
2017-10-8
Use props
xtfu
New
Italy

Anuvis Posted at 2017-10-8 12:57
I think that is a defect unit....You should contact support imediately and open a case to replace the drone under waranty....

Thanks...

The support is not available in the weekend, I will try to call them on Monday morning.

BTW, do you know how can I check whether the product is activated? I am also worried if I am going to miss the 48-hour DJI care deadline...

2017-10-8
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

First I think you are an awesome girlfriend.  Yes, you might to send it back to get a replacement.
2017-10-8
Use props
larrymull
lvl.3
Flight distance : 468668 ft
Australia

+1 on awesome girlfriend
2017-10-8
Use props
Legacy0ne
lvl.2

Australia

You win the awesome girlfriend award for sure!

If you purchased from a physical store (not online) you would be able to exchange it for a new replacement over the counter
2017-10-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Just checked the SN, this drone has been activated, I would recommend you send the drone in first. Like the Post 6# mentioned, you can contact the retailer if you just purchased it from a physical store. Or contact the DJI Support to start a case.  http://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav

2017-10-8
Use props
xtfu
New
Italy

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-8 18:18
Just checked the SN, this drone has been activated, I would recommend you send the drone in first. Like the Post 6# mentioned, you can contact the retailer if you just purchased it from a physical store. Or contact the DJI Support to start a case.  http://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav

Thank you for the answer.

I think I make the issue complicated... My plan was to have the warranty in China and the DJI Care in Europe since we live in both of the two places. For this purpose I purchase the product in the mainland China. But because of the ESC error of the Spark, it is not possible to record the DJI CARE-requested video. The online support is not available these days, and the call service is not available in the weekend. We have no idea on neither the DJI care problem nor the ESC error. So we wrote to  support@dji.com seeking for help within 48 hours since we open the spark box, and received their reply six hours after the 48-hour-deadline. I am told that I can not purchase the DJI CARE in Europe and have to send the product to China.

I totally understand the product is not under an international warranty, but I feel really sad that NO technic support is available within the DJI-CARE-deadline when I meet the DJI-care-purchase problem for a brand new problematic product.

In fact I was really happy to see that DJI care policy allows customers to have warranty in pne country while have DJI care in another. It is really friendly for people like us who travel between two countries. But...now... I need to deal with a mess...
2017-10-9
Use props
xtfu
New
Italy

Legacy0ne Posted at 2017-10-8 16:03
You win the awesome girlfriend award for sure!

If you purchased from a physical store (not online) you would be able to exchange it for a new replacement over the counter

I think I am a stupid girlfriend other than an awsome one...

As I replied in post #8, my plan was to have warranty in one country while have DJI CARE in another. But now because of the ESC error I can not finish the video required by DJI CARE... I just make a mess...

I invited my boyfriend to Italy to give him this anniversary gift. I was expecting, you know, a romantic weekend with spark... But now... Sigh....  I might need to learn more to become an awesome girlfriend...
2017-10-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

xtfu Posted at 2017-10-9 00:27
Thank you for the answer.

I think I make the issue complicated... My plan was to have the warranty in China and the DJI Care in Europe since we live in both of the two places. For this purpose I purchase the product in the mainland China. But because of the ESC error of the Spark, it is not possible to record the DJI CARE-requested video. The online support is not available these days, and the call service is not available in the weekend. We have no idea on neither the DJI care problem nor the ESC error. So we wrote to  support@dji.com seeking for help within 48 hours since we open the spark box, and received their reply six hours after the 48-hour-deadline. I am told that I can not purchase the DJI CARE in Europe and have to send the product to China.

So sorry for this, the delayed reply may be caused by the National holidays in China, but no worries, take the drone back to China, get it repaired or replaced by DJI, then you'll be able to purchase the DJI Care in Italy again.
2017-10-9
Use props
xtfu
New
Germany

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-9 03:00
So sorry for this, the delayed reply may be caused by the National holidays in China, but no worries, take the drone back to China, get it repaired or replaced by DJI, then you'll be able to purchase the DJI Care in Italy again.

Get it. Many thanks
2017-10-11
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

"ESC" is Electronic Speed Controller that manage the Prop motor. The problem seems to be disconnected to the battery power since the LED also is off.
2017-10-11
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

your within the 14 days after purchase, contact DJI for support and replacement.
2017-10-11
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sparky_17 Posted at 2017-10-11 11:20
your within the 14 days after purchase, contact DJI for support and replacement.

You do not need care refresh to get this replaced as it is clearly a manufacturer defect and thus covered at anytime under the twelve-month warranty which starts from the date you first activate the drone. Care refresh is a DJI insurance policy against pilot errors after crashing the drone - that doesn't apply in your case. Get the drone back to you, contact DJI support in China via email and get a ticket issued then ship it back - they will send you a replacement fairly quickly and one with no ESC errors as the replacements go through more stringent quality controls (so I've been told in the past by a DJI support officer who brilliantly handled my case when my P4P had a broken IMU out of the box). Good luck and hope it gets sorted soon.
2017-10-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

You are welcome, hope you can get it resolved shortly, should you have any questions about this, please feel free to contact me, I'd like to help.
2017-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules