Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
settings
4817 28 2017-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rwcreigh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 111818 ft

United States

this is one thing I cannot figure out. how do I change the on screen setting to feet?  right now it shows it in metric. I'm old school and cannot convert it into feet. sorry I'm sure to most of you this is a silly question but I am still new to this thing/. thanks in advance.
2017-10-9
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In DJI Go 4, in the 'General Settings' menu (which you access by tapping on the three dots at top right of screen). At top of menu you will see 'Measurement Unit' which you can select by tapping on blue link.

You may need to have all connected and powered up for this to take full effect.
2017-10-9
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

As far as I know, in the schools of old  they used to teach how to multiply by three...  (Feet = Meters x 3.3)  Anyway, you can change units in the App, do a little searching and you will be rewarded
2017-10-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Go to the General Settings, you'll be able to change it, here is a pic for your reference.
1.png
2017-10-9
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Also note, even though you get to select standard measurements they don't apply consistently across the board.  One example is my battery temp still reads in Celsius.  They seem to only apply the unit measurement begrudgingly and in half measures.  They need to allow for a full change over of the system because it's maddening to constantly be doing math or checking measurements with some stuff.  Also would like to see them change the Vertical Speed to read in Feet Per Minute instead of MPH.
2017-10-9
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-10-9 21:00
Also note, even though you get to select standard measurements they don't apply consistently across the board.  One example is my battery temp still reads in Celsius.  They seem to only apply the unit measurement begrudgingly and in half measures.  They need to allow for a full change over of the system because it's maddening to constantly be doing math or checking measurements with some stuff.  Also would like to see them change the Vertical Speed to read in Feet Per Minute instead of MPH.

About time to learn to use a system that the rest of the world uses. The rogue nations are Burma, Liberia and the USA. Even Somalia managed a changeover 50 years ago.

2017-10-10
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

Dockater Posted at 2017-10-10 01:19
About time to learn to use a system that the rest of the world uses. The rogue nations are Burma, Liberia and the USA. Even Somalia managed a changeover 50 years ago.

Now I'm the anarchist...but we like being rogue!
I remember in school when they tried teaching it to us, almost to a kid we just went through the motions but no one cared or wanted to change.  As soon as we went home it was back to the way we knew.  I didn't mind learning knots and nautical miles though
2017-10-10
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Germany

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-10-10 01:33
Now I'm the anarchist...but we like being rogue!
I remember in school when they tried teaching it to us, almost to a kid we just went through the motions but no one cared or wanted to change.  As soon as we went home it was back to the way we knew.  I didn't mind learning knots and nautical miles though

The Celsius temperature scale is simple, 100 degrees is hot enough to cook a good breakfast egg, 50 degrees will not cook eggs well but will cook us slowly and it is the start to be concerned temperature for a p4p battery. Under 0 degrees swimming gets difficult and drone flying times shorten. Anything above 100 is scientific and destroys drones anyway.
2017-10-10
Use props
jwt-873
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

I'm comfortable in both systems.  But,  I use the imperial system ONLY because they use meters per second rather than kilometers per hour.

I know Km per hour.  I drive a car and can look at the speedometer and relate to the speed I'm traveling.  I can immediately understand 10 km/h or 50 km/h...  Also, our wind speeds here in Canada are reported in Km/h and not meters per second.  It's a measurement we never see.

I don't like the idea of having to convert 4.7 meters per second into a real world speed that I can relate to.  It's kind of like forcing imperial users to use feet per second rather than miles per hour..  So rather than seeing 30 MPH, you'd see 44 FPS.
[rant off ]
2017-10-10
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385223 ft
United States

Dockater Posted at 2017-10-10 01:19

I wish we (the U.S.) weren't so stubborn.... We just need to do it!
2017-10-10
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Maybe the rest of the world should follow the US.  Seems to have worked pretty good for us.  Why would dji not give us a choice, except  for America.
2017-10-10
Use props
rwcreigh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 111818 ft

United States

great, thanks to all.
2017-10-10
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

Dockater Posted at 2017-10-10 02:12
The Celsius temperature scale is simple, 100 degrees is hot enough to cook a good breakfast egg, 50 degrees will not cook eggs well but will cook us slowly and it is the start to be concerned temperature for a p4p battery. Under 0 degrees swimming gets difficult and drone flying times shorten. Anything above 100 is scientific and destroys drones anyway.

Riiiiight...even that is hard for my head to grasp
2017-10-10
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

jwt-873 Posted at 2017-10-10 07:07
I'm comfortable in both systems.  But,  I use the imperial system ONLY because they use meters per second rather than kilometers per hour.

I know Km per hour.  I drive a car and can look at the speedometer and relate to the speed I'm traveling.  I can immediately understand 10 km/h or 50 km/h...  Also, our wind speeds here in Canada are reported in Km/h and not meters per second.  It's a measurement we never see.

Yeah what he said!
2017-10-10
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

MrRobert5823 Posted at 2017-10-10 07:09

No we don't
2017-10-10
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-10-10 07:17
Maybe the rest of the world should follow the US.  Seems to have worked pretty good for us.  Why would dji not give us a choice, except  for America.

Concur!
2017-10-10
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Germany

Oh Genghis9, I am so dissapointed in you, where has the anarchist gone? I would have placed a real sad Emoticon here but my iPad won’t do them.
2017-10-10
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

Dockater Posted at 2017-10-10 11:26
Oh Genghis9, I am so dissapointed in you, where has the anarchist gone? I would have placed a real sad Emoticon here but my iPad won’t do them.

Whaaaaat?
I'm the ultimate anarchist, I want everyone to go my way
2017-10-10
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

Whaaaaat?
2017-10-10
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

Whaaaaat?
2017-10-10
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
United States

I work for a very large company and we deal with large volumes of liquid products.  During a project where we are doing a re-write of a large system, we had the opportunity to discuss alternate measures of volume... when I mentioned metric I was almost thrown out of the room.... I suppose now's not the time to bring it up again....
2017-10-10
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

MrRobert5823 Posted at 2017-10-10 13:28
I work for a very large company and we deal with large volumes of liquid products.  During a project where we are doing a re-write of a large system, we had the opportunity to discuss alternate measures of volume... when I mentioned metric I was almost thrown out of the room.... I suppose now's not the time to bring it up again....

Hey I say if businesses and corporations want to go that route, then we may be forced to follow, but till then let them decide to each his own...as Alabamy said it has worked well for us thus far, and if it ain't broke why fix it
2017-10-10
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

MrRobert5823 Posted at 2017-10-10 07:09

The US is one of only 3 countries in the world that has not adopted the Metric system, the others are LIberia (US lackey) and Myanmar. You are not really in distinguished company.
2017-10-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

jwt-873 Posted at 2017-10-10 07:07

I use the imperial system ONLY because they use meters per second rather than kilometers per hour.

Look at the illustration in post #4 above.
DJI give you two metric system choices - you can have your app display speeds as either km/hr ot m/s.
2017-10-10
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-10 14:51
The US is one of only 3 countries in the world that has not adopted the Metric system, the others are LIberia (US lackey) and Myanmar. You are not really in distinguished company.

True - but were are unique
2017-10-10
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-10-10 15:42
I use the imperial system ONLY because they use meters per second rather than kilometers per hour.

Look at the illustration in post #4 above.

Zing!   ...and the prize goes to Mr Labroides!
2017-10-10
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-10 14:51

I KNOW, RIGHT!  It's so funny to see a global map of who doesn't use the metric system...... (perhaps funny isn't the right word....)
2017-10-11
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Well if you're sweating it's hot. If you're shivering it's cold. If your fly is stuck it's really cold.
Drone will tell you if it's too cold to fly. Mind you, if I changed battery it was good to go (still trying to work that one out).
Height is easy. Visible not too high; invisible bit higher so hit RTH.
So don't need fancy tech
2017-10-11
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

sky wombat Posted at 2017-10-11 05:37
Well if you're sweating it's hot. If you're shivering it's cold. If your fly is stuck it's really cold.
Drone will tell you if it's too cold to fly. Mind you, if I changed battery it was good to go (still trying to work that one out).
Height is easy. Visible not too high; invisible bit higher so hit RTH.

Yep, that's about the way I fly.
2017-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules