Please help DJI Assistant 2 with Windows 10 - won't wor...
2824 2 2017-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Guillermo32
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167969 ft
United States

Hi,

I have an original Phantom 4 and a Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10.  I need to download .dat files from my Phantom 4 to use in a third party app.  I used to do this successfully with Go before Go 4 was released.  In Go you could enable Flight Data Mode to copy the files.  For a while, both Go and Go 4 worked with the drone, but after a recent update it appears only Go 4 will work and it does not have the Flight Data Mode (or at least I can't find it).  Thus, the only way to get the .dat files off the drone appears to be with the Assistant 2 app and I cannot get it to communicate with the drone -  when I have Assistant 2 connected to the powered on drone it just shows the default startup screen of how to connect to an Inspire 2.  I have searched through the forums and tried suggestions such as installing an older version of Assistant 2 (to prevent some kind of unsigned driver issue) and also restarting the computer in a mode to allow the drivers to install even when unsigned, and it seems no matter what I try Assistant 2 cannot communicate to the drone.

Please help, any insight on how to fix this or is there another way to get the .dat files off the Phantom 4 now that Go does not support it?

Thanks

2017-10-9
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It sounds like it may be driver related, I have a surface Pro 3 here and Assistant 2 works well on that.

When installing Assistant 2, I usually 'Run as Admin' (right click on file and select).

Also when installed and running, with aircraft connected and powered up it takes perhaps up to half a minute to setup the device on the USB port/s when used initially.
2017-10-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Uninstall the DJI Assistant 2, disable the antivirus software and firewall, then install it again,  see if it works. Besides, try other computers if you can.
2017-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules