Black and white lines in picture on Ipad
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VetteGuyZ06
lvl.3
Flight distance : 429114 ft
United States

Is there a reason I'm getting black and white lines (seems to be on rooftops mainly) while flying my P4A?  Everything else seems to be just fine, and they do not show up when taking pics...only on the Ipad.  Some kind of interference or feedback?  I'm 200+ ft. agl, but altitude doesn't seem to have any effect.  Just seems strange to me.  Anybody have any ideas?  Thanks.
2017-10-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

This is important, are the lines vertical or at 45 degrees? If they are at 45 degerees, then the answer is in this thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-115846-1-1.html
2017-10-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please refer to Geebax's answer, it could be the overexposure warning, you can switch it off on camera settings. If it is not your case, please provide us the screenshot. Thank you.
2017-10-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Might be over exposure warning.
2017-10-9
Use props
VetteGuyZ06
lvl.3
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-9 20:05
This is important, are the lines vertical or at 45 degrees? If they are at 45 degerees, then the answer is in this thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-115846-1-1.html

Thank you very much.  Turned off the over exposure setting.  Too windy to fly today, but hopefully will try tomorrow to see if this fixed my problem.  Pretty sure it will as my lines were at 45 degrees.   Thank you very much.
2017-10-10
Use props
VetteGuyZ06
lvl.3
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-10-9 22:12
Might be over exposure warning.

Thank you very much.
2017-10-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome
2017-10-10
Use props
VetteGuyZ06
lvl.3
United States

Flew today.  Very little wind.  No black and white lines on rooftops.  I guess it was the overexposure setting.  Thanks for everyone's help.  It is greatly appreciated.
2017-10-13
Use props
CabinPete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98 ft
United States

If it's an overexposure warning shouldn't you adjust your camera settings rather than turning off the warning?
2017-10-15
Use props
VetteGuyZ06
lvl.3
United States

CabinPete Posted at 2017-10-15 12:54
If it's an overexposure warning shouldn't you adjust your camera settings rather than turning off the warning?

I don't know.  I am not a big camera person, so don't know a lot about settings.  I leave it on auto and let it do what it wants, so to speak.  There may be a better way, but that's what I was told to do and it worked, so I will leave it like that unless someone tells me a better way.   You may be right, I simply do not know.
2017-10-15
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

VetteGuyZ06 Posted at 2017-10-15 21:17
I don't know.  I am not a big camera person, so don't know a lot about settings.  I leave it on auto and let it do what it wants, so to speak.  There may be a better way, but that's what I was told to do and it worked, so I will leave it like that unless someone tells me a better way.   You may be right, I simply do not know.

The best way to get used to the manual settings is take the craft to a suitable height, set it to manual, adjust the settings step by step to see what effect it has on the image. Obviously different light and different times of day alter the results but this is how I got used to using the manual settings. You can get some good results changing the shutter speeds and aperture settings, especially in sunlight and darker conditions. Trial and error my friend. Some say that this is better than using filters. Personally, I use both when flying and have captured some very nice images. If you take a look at this link -https://improvephotography.com/p ... tter-speed-and-iso/  -  it gives you an idea of what does what on a normal camera. The basics are there for you to understand but remember, it's on a drone.
2017-10-20
Use props
VetteGuyZ06
lvl.3
United States

CoreyB10 Posted at 2017-10-20 21:52
The best way to get used to the manual settings is take the craft to a suitable height, set it to manual, adjust the settings step by step to see what effect it has on the image. Obviously different light and different times of day alter the results but this is how I got used to using the manual settings. You can get some good results changing the shutter speeds and aperture settings, especially in sunlight and darker conditions. Trial and error my friend. Some say that this is better than using filters. Personally, I use both when flying and have captured some very nice images. If you take a look at this link -https://improvephotography.com/photography-basics/aperture-shutter-speed-and-iso/  -  it gives you an idea of what does what on a normal camera. The basics are there for you to understand but remember, it's on a drone.

Thank you very much.  I will definitely try that.  I appreciate it.  
2017-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules