DJI Care Will Force you to Pay for Replacement
1395 1 2017-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7ce80fbe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8885 ft
Australia

Hi - I'd like to share my first and negative experience with DJI Care in Australia.
Despite being advertised as the solution for worry-less flying, I unfortunately had to send my drone for repair after a crash.
  • First of all, it took 10 days after shipping the faulty aircraft (shipping covered by DJI, I must say) to get an update on my case stating they received the item
  • Then another 3 days later, I received a payment request for my drone to be replaced
  • I ended up paying $139 for the replacement - which makes $298 in total for the insurance (adding the original $159 cost of DJI Care) - pending I don't have to use it again, of course.
  • That is approximately 1/3 of the price of the drone for what is being advertised as an insurance.
By no means am I a repair professional, but it came clear to me that for DJI Care Consumers, they treat the paid replacement as the only option.

DJI is clearly holding their consumers obligated to pay an extra premium - even if they are DJI Care Members.
2017-10-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We apologize firstly for the unpleasant experience, but please allow me to explain the process.
1. The package arrived at facility on 28th, Sept, and was registered in our system on 2nd, October, this was delayed because of weekend, but we registered the package on Monday immediately. Sorry to have kept you waiting.
2. After 2 days' damage assessment, the quotation was sent to you with DJI Care Refresh, but we have stated in the email ''you have purchased DJI Care Refresh. If you want to replace your aircraft under DJI Care Refresh, click "Pay". After the payment is confirmed, DJI will send a replacement aircraft to you'', Of course if you would like to pay for repair, you can contact our support to modify the quotation. And our support has replied your email about your query.
3. AUD $169 is the price for DJI Care Refresh, but we offers up to two full replacements at additional charge, the first time replacement fee is AUD $139, the second time replacement fee is AUD $199. DJI care refresh.png
We are sorry again if the there is any misunderstanding, if your have any query during the repair process, please contact our support or keep us updated, we will do our best to assist. Appreciate your understanding.

2017-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules