DJI SPARK LOOSES CONNECTIVITY AND VIDEO IMAGE FLICKERS GREY / BLACK
1857 3 2017-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Simon :0)
New

United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

I've had my DJI SPARK for a few months now & with the British weather being typically......... British, there has only been a handful of times I've been able to send my drone up.
Each time I've done so though, including a few hours ago...... I don't know what causing it but I'm having the same issues time and time again and it's really annoying.

I have tried both my iPhone 6s and iPad mini 4 to my controller via otg cable. Turn on the app (it does mention something about me not having the latest "flight safety boundary thing".... I can't remember what exactly but I press ignore anyway.) before take off I do have a red escalation mark and also a yellow warning fly zone area but sure enough it takes off fine.

Now......If I'm going slow the feedback of the video footage on my iPad or iPhone is smooth enough (if your within reasonably close distance).... i.e. Up to say 50 metres away,  but as soon as you go above this, it becomes very patchy. Literally, regardless if I'm in sport mode or flying slower, the further the drone gets away the more laggy the video feed on my iPad or iPhone becomes....even more so  if it's in sport mode. At this point I'm not even at a great altitude, but literally the further I steer the drone away from me, the more and morelaggy laggy/choppy the footage becomes on
I've noticed the whole image flickers black and white then looses gps then comes back on again....before finally loosing gps and then returns to home....were miraculously the video feed will then re-appear. I dint know if this is because I haven't got the latest flight path security thing installed (forgot what its called), but I'm pretty it's been doing this since e previous firmware release. I have no pylons or magnetic interfearahce that I know of nearby and there is a red exclamation mark constantly visible on my screen, along with a yellow caution sign saying that I'm flying in a yellow caution area........does this has something to do with it pergaps??
Interestingly despite the feedback and grey / black n white flickering image on my screen, when I have played back the actual recorded footage on my ipad, it looks absolutely fine ??

Just to add..... yes I have video cache switched OFF on both apps, so regardless if I'm using my iPad mini 4 or iPhone 6s....the video cache is a 100% disabled. I did read somewhere you can control the quality of the image feedback on your device that your seeing to a lesser quality but I haven't been able to find this bit....but with that in mind anyway (especially with the iPad mini 4) its got a very fast chip in it, loads of memory space left etc. Using a sandisk 32gb memory card so not a cheap one, and yes I have formatted the card a short while ago. I just find it so frustrating as I'm flying away the drone from me and the picture break up becomes worse and worse, then the screen goes grey and black n white, then pauses , then looses GPs temporarily and auto return to gone inititates and it comes back, the gods ten reconnects and the video footage is resumed ...., albeit very choppy still

2017-10-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I think it mainly because of the flight environment if you got black and white transmission interface, and as you noticed that the transmission feedback is influent when it is close. Have you tried to fly the drone in another place or adjust the antennas of the RC? Distance should be greater than height during flight, and please make sure the remote controller’s antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft. Besides, firmware sometimes influences the flight distance, too. So we suggest upgrading the firmware if it is needed.
The connection between the Spark RC and the mobile device via OTG cable has not been fully tested, so I would suggest that you use it with caution.
And for the cache video issue, could you please test again. Make sure that you have disabled this function on the app after connecting the drone to the app, let me know if the case persists, any pictures and videos which could help to demonstrate this issue are highly appreciated.
2017-10-10
Use props
Simon :0)
New

Greece

Hi,

Thanks for your reaponse.

Yes, this seems to happen regardless of were i fly the drone. At one location there were quite a few electricity pilons nearby so i just assumed it was an electro-magnetic interference..... but it does the same thing no matter were i fly it (including wide open spaces with no interference at all) software is all up to date (and i think the firmware is too) video cache is definately disabled already & The 2 antennas on the R.C, are both lifted up straight and twisted to their respective 2 angles ..... but still no joy???
2017-10-16
Use props
Flyingstoo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 123944 ft

United Kingdom

I see you have an OTG cable. Have you proven it is working ?  I have been caught out in the early days by a none functioning cable . Plug cable into phone before starting DJI app. switch on the RC and wait for staedy red light THEN plug in the the otg cable to the RC it should stimulate your phone to start the dji app if not then it is probable that the OTG cable is not wired up correctly.
The OTG cable does make a difference to range
Just a thought
2017-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules