"Front LEDs On/Off" Option
8096 16 2017-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Turbotorte
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9885 ft

Germany

I am curious about the Front LEDs. (Don't know if this is the right section for this thread)

I was trying this a few days ago but cant find the (best?) solution to activate the Front LEDs.

Mine are always off and I can't find the Option to get them back on. There are only 2 or 3 Options I found about the LEDs.

The 2 are found under the Camera (Photo or Video) Options called "Front  LEDs Auto turn off" which I deactivated because I thought they will  bring them back on, but no.

The 3 Option I found, is under a really weird Section. Its found in the  Keybinding Section of the Controller. So like instead of "Camera  Up/Forward" there is the Option called "Front LEDs On/Off".

That's weird. I thought there is still the Option under Main Controller > Advanced > Turn on Front LEDs.

Is this Option only available to iOS? Or is it removed completely, and  the new Option for it, is the one under Keybindings? Do I need to setup my iOS  Device to put the LEDs back on permanent, when going back to my Android  Phone/Tablet?

This makes me really confusing. Also I am asking myself if I have to  bring them back on every time I boot up the Drone (with the Bindings, or  any other way mentioned above).

I am completely confused
2017-10-10
Use props
sica
Second Officer
Flight distance : 679 ft
Israel

#Quick Reply Herthere is only one possibility. turning off the led when the drona filming / using the drona camera. no moree#
2017-10-10
Use props
sigkill
lvl.2
Canada

I don't know what phone apps will give you options for it, but 'g_config_misc_cfg_forearm_led_ctrl' is the parameter that is used, 255 being ON, and 0 being always OFF. I'm sorry I don't know what the value is for only off during recording though.
2017-10-10
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I would do a factory reset using the DJI Assistant application , that should turn the red leds on again
2017-10-10
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Try resetting to factory settings to get the aircraft back to how it operated when you first got it.
2017-10-10
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

sica Posted at 2017-10-10 10:38
#Quick Reply Herthere is only one possibility. turning off the led when the drona filming / using the drona camera. no moree#

in the cam settings, 3rd top selection to the right is the settings buttom on there, there is a lght on off option
2017-10-10
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

I usually just set them to the C2 button.
2017-10-10
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

To save any confusion:
"Front  LEDs Auto turn off" under camera settings, this should be ON. What this will do is turn the leds off when you are using the camera or video so you don't get the lights in the shot.
As an option you can set the C1 or C2 to turn off the leds for a particular reason but there are better uses for the C1 and C2.
2017-10-10
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

If you, some reason, want to have front LED disabled , go to "Main Controller Settings" -> "Advanced Setting"-> "Turn on Front LEDs".

I have mine permanently turned on (as I also constantly film while airborn), and only disable them if I film facing a glass or reflective surface. A I use a lens hood, the lights do not interfere with the cam.
2017-10-10
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

sigkill Posted at 2017-10-10 12:02
I don't know what phone apps will give you options for it, but 'g_config_misc_cfg_forearm_led_ctrl' is the parameter that is used, 255 being ON, and 0 being always OFF. I'm sorry I don't know what the value is for only off during recording though.

I don’t think they know what your talking about, but I do....
2017-10-11
Use props
Turbotorte
lvl.1

Germany

BumblerBee Posted at 2017-10-10 23:19
If you, some reason, want to have front LED disabled , go to "Main Controller Settings" -> "Advanced Setting"-> "Turn on Front LEDs".

I have mine permanently turned on (as I also constantly film while airborn), and only disable them if I film facing a glass or reflective surface. A I use a lens hood, the lights do not interfere with the cam.

This Option is what my Thread is about. This Option is missing on any of my Android Device.

Like I said I don't know if this Option is only available to iOS. The only way to toggle them on and off is under Keybindings of C1 or C2.

Thats why I am confused.
2017-10-11
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

Turbotorte Posted at 2017-10-11 03:19
This Option is what my Thread is about. This Option is missing on any of my Android Device.

Like I said I don't know if this Option is only available to iOS. The only way to toggle them on and off is under Keybindings of C1 or C2.

Ah! Didn't occur to me that such an essential option would be different between Android and iOS. I've had it on iOS since I first bought Mavis this summer. I can post a screenshot of iOS screen, showing where it is later today.

Anyone from DJI can comment on this?
2017-10-11
Use props
Turbotorte
lvl.1

Germany

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-10-10 22:03
To save any confusion:
"Front  LEDs Auto turn off" under camera settings, this should be ON. What this will do is turn the leds off when you are using the camera or video so you don't get the lights in the shot.
As an option you can set the C1 or C2 to turn off the leds for a particular reason but there are better uses for the C1 and C2.

Thats why I asked if the Option for the bind on C1 or C2 is the only way to toggle them on and off.

"Main Controller > Advanced > Turn on Front LEDs" is missing on every Android Device I tested.

I use my C1 and C2 for another Options.

Thats why I asked if its only available for iOS Pilots.
2017-10-11
Use props
sigkill
lvl.2
Canada

BumblerBee Posted at 2017-10-10 23:19

On Android it is in the camera settings not the main settings.
2017-10-11
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

Turbotorte Posted at 2017-10-11 03:19

i only use android as my phone device. it under the cam settings in app. it show u cam ikon next to vid cam ikon then a settings cog
2017-10-17
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

There was a toggle for it LONG AGO, but DJI think that we only need it if it is slaved to C1 or C2 only.  Horrible logistics.
2017-10-17
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

This is one of the many many reasons I fly with Litchi instead.  Litchi lets you assign "long press" actions to the C buttons so you don't have to waste the entire button on the LEDs toggle.  I don't see why DJI Go couldn't do something similar.
2017-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules