Spark 1st purchase which next ?
1454 12 2017-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pr777
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99692 ft
United Kingdom

Wondered whether some people went for Spark as entry level into the hobby of drones .
What there thoughts on next step if they enjoyed experience.
For me as someone who likes taking pictures what would be the next best progression ....Mavic Pro/Platinum ....Phantom 3/4 Se ....Pro  or wait for a while see what comes out in near future !
Any suggestions ideas appreciated ......!
2017-10-10
Use props
Ardenno
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1877910 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Platinum then if not phantom maybe same racing drones ?
2017-10-10
Use props
stalters
lvl.2
United States

I plan to get higher quality photo drones, and racing drones s well!
2017-10-10
Use props
agonzarn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84993 ft
United States

Had my Spark for a few flights and lost it.  Bought another Spark, 2 more flights.  Bought  a Mavic Pro and now the Spark is for sale!  This progressed quickly!
2017-10-10
Use props
Tyredecals.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The spark is a gateway drone.. like weed is to meth =)
Careful, You'll might end up with a Matrice..
2017-10-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I think Mavic is a good choice that one can not miss.
2017-10-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I would like to shoot 4K, so probably a MP or MP platinum.
For now P4A or P4P seems too much.
2017-10-10
Use props
fansbc6a1566
lvl.1
United States

I've been a beginning Spark pilot for 10 days now.
Bought 2 additional batteries after day 1 for a total of 4.
At day 10, I'm thinking I will order a Mavic Platinum very soon.
I want better video, longer battery and faster speed.
2017-10-10
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

When I'm up for buying another drone, I'll see what's out there...
it'll definitely be a higher end than the Spark though.
2017-10-10
Use props
Kardinal
lvl.2
Flight distance : 260591 ft
United States

The Spark is my first drone.  I bought it for creating videos and pictures of our outdoor activity at an amateur level, mainly fishing.  The next step up seems to be the Mavic or Phantom series.

After 119 flights totaling 11 hours what I was surprised to see was that the camera quality wasn't a big limitation for me.  For the size and price, the Spark is an amazing camera platform for my level of use.  

As I fly the Spark, the thought that runs most through my mind in terms of what it could do better was  the range.  Not so much the Maximum range but the quality of image transmission back to the controller would begin to cut in and out often at half mile or less.  This has caused me to miss some shots or have video that was not properly framed as the image transmission would lag or cut out entirely at distance.  That's no good when trying to capture video of moving subjects.  My understanding is that the connectivity situation is better with the Mavic than the Phantom series.  A better camera isn't useful if you can't frame the shot to begin with.

The Mavic also appears to be a much more stealthy drone.  Not only sound volume and size, but the overall size of the controller.  People look at me flying the Spark and don't even realize I am flying a drone unlike the monster Phantom RC's.  That alsways seems to attract attention.   Of course the Mavic wins the portability points.

So until I run into a situation where I begin to make money off of the images and I am told that the resolution of the Mavic is insufficient, my next purchase is going to be the Mavic Pro Platinum.

2017-10-11
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

My spark is my first drone.  At this point I'm not looking at upgrading as I'm completely satisfied with the Spark.  It's small, compact and it's exactly what I expected.  The video quality is what I expected, the flight time is within 12-14 minutes and it's up within a minute when I need it.  I'm not exploring other options as the spark meets/exceeds my needs.
2017-10-11
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385223 ft
United States

I bought a Phantom 4 right from the start.  The pics are crystal clear, the video is awesome... It's such a good drone.  It's big, you can't just put it in your pocket, and the $1500+ price tag is hefty... but I love my machine!
2017-10-11
Use props
likeajc
New
Brazil

I plan to have a Mavic Pro, and a Racing Drone of Course!
2017-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules