Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Another Dji Go4 uppgrade
1296 20 2017-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc2962bbc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 29452 ft
Norway

Just a few weeks since last update. Now the  4.1.12 is released. I'm tired of this .
2017-10-10
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Don’t update.... it’s that simple....
2017-10-10
Use props
fansc2962bbc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 29452 ft
Norway

Yup
2017-10-10
Use props
rolling56
Captain
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

There's been three 4.1.10 versions released by DJI at apkmirror so things are going the same for android hehe
2017-10-10
Use props
HyLenz
First Officer
Flight distance : 1848182 ft
United States

I'm looking forward to the updates, as many of us are waiting for some fixes. All software needs fixes and enhancements. You're not still running Win95, right? I've been hoping for a fix for the CPU Overload issue.

DJI is pretty close to blazing trails with regards to the consumer drone software market. The closer to the edge, the more fixes along the way. Sometimes it's fix/add one thing and break two others, especially when you add new devices (Spark) and features (QuickShot). Frustrating, but eventually we will get to a place we can all be happy with... Then we can start over as technology brings us new stuff...
2017-10-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-10-10 13:26
Don’t update.... it’s that simple....

If you don’t update how are they going to make a big deal of it.

Never tell your problems to anyone...20% don't care and the other 80% are glad you have them.”
2017-10-10
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

HyLenz Posted at 2017-10-10 14:08
I'm looking forward to the updates, as many of us are waiting for some fixes. All software needs fixes and enhancements. You're not still running Win95, right? I've been hoping for a fix for the CPU Overload issue.

DJI is pretty close to blazing trails with regards to the consumer drone software market. The closer to the edge, the more fixes along the way. Sometimes it's fix/add one thing and break two others, especially when you add new devices (Spark) and features (QuickShot). Frustrating, but eventually we will get to a place we can all be happy with... Then we can start over as technology brings us new stuff...

You're not still running Win95, right? I've been hoping for a fix for the CPU Overload issue.

Trust me: this isn't the same thing at all. Once you've been flying DJI drones for a while and see how things change across releases you'll be in much less of a hurry to upgrade to the latest version.
2017-10-10
Use props
Eagle_Eye
First Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-10-10 14:24
You're not still running Win95, right? I've been hoping for a fix for the CPU Overload issue.

Trust me: this isn't the same thing at all. Once you've been flying DJI drones for a while and see how things change across releases you'll be in much less of a hurry to upgrade to the latest version.

Damn right!
I'm still using old FW/App and very satisfied w/ it.
2017-10-10
Use props
HyLenz
First Officer
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-10-10 14:24

About the same to me, at least at a basic level. technology advances, software gets updated, consumers freakout. The thing here that makes it extra tricky, as with all versions of consumer OS's, is that the technology tends to go way beyond an average consumers capability. The consumer just expects everything to work perfect all the time their way, though most don't take the time to learn how to set it up their way. And we all approach it with a slightly different mindset.

I've been in IT support for 19 years, and i still see folks do things i have never seen before. when high tech is involved, it's very difficult to cover the entire consumer ability spectrum. might have to really dumb it down, then you'd be asking for new features...

BTW, i have been flying drones since i got my first P3 back in 2014, so, yes, i have been flying for a while...
2017-10-10
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
United States

HyLenz Posted at 2017-10-10 14:39
About the same to me, at least at a basic level. technology advances, software gets updated, consumers freakout. The thing here that makes it extra tricky, as with all versions of consumer OS's, is that the technology tends to go way beyond an average consumers capability. The consumer just expects everything to work perfect all the time their way, though most don't take the time to learn how to set it up their way. And we all approach it with a slightly different mindset.

I've been in IT support for 19 years, and i still see folks do things i have never seen before. when high tech is involved, it's very difficult to cover the entire consumer ability spectrum. might have to really dumb it down, then you'd be asking for new features...

If you've been flying DJI drones for three years then you should know that upgrading to the latest version of either the Go app or the firmware isn't always a good idea any more than it's always wise with any other kind of software. But, hey, thanks for your willingness to stay on the bleeding edge; it saves the rest of us a lot of trouble.
2017-10-10
Use props
HyLenz
First Officer
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-10-10 14:44
If you've been flying DJI drones for three years then you should know that upgrading to the latest version of either the Go app or the firmware isn't always a good idea any more than it's always wise with any other kind of software. But, hey, thanks for your willingness to stay on the bleeding edge; it saves the rest of us a lot of trouble.

np, someones gotta do it. Updating is almost as exciting as flying! (that's pathetic) ... lol

would you believe i just got a pop up message as i was typing this on my Win10 pc saying ... wait for it... here it comes...

"Updates are ready for your computer. Would you like to restart now?"

BRB.. i hope...

2017-10-10
Use props
sigkill
lvl.3
Canada

When DJI Goggles can play run at 24Hz, and have head tracking as smooth as the remote control wheel, I will seriously consider upgrading. Until then there is literally no reason for me to upgrade. I have learned that upgrading my gear breaks many abilities as compared to when I bought them, and am very grateful to REDACTED that I was able to downgrade. I should note at this point that I am a very advanced user, I mean the ladies swoon at my 1337 skills, I tell you what brother, don't kid yourself bubba. I think its a personal choice for each person whether or not to upgrade. Thank-you and good day to you!
2017-10-10
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
United States

HyLenz Posted at 2017-10-10 14:58
np, someones gotta do it. Updating is almost as exciting as flying! (that's pathetic) ... lol

would you believe i just got a pop up message as i was typing this on my Win10 pc saying ... wait for it... here it comes...

I hear you; between Microsoft's updates and DJI's I'd be hard-pressed to figure out which one I'm more leery of. Good luck.
2017-10-10
Use props
rolling56
Captain
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Playstore has 4.1.10 now. Go get it before they take it down lol
2017-10-10
Use props
bighi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Or don't get it. I installed it yesterday and for the first time with my mavic I am getting lapses in fpv along with disconnects.
2017-10-10
Use props
Mitch72
Second Officer
Flight distance : 69213 ft
United Kingdom

It's a shame they didn't have a set of guinea pigs they could trial with the various updates, and then when it is working how it should be minus the faults/errors?... then they can introduce it to the rest of us lol
2017-10-10
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
  • >>>
United States

HyLenz Posted at 2017-10-10 14:08

You do realize that updating caused the CPU overload issues in the first placed?
2017-10-11
Use props
HyLenz
First Officer
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-10-11 01:34
You do realize that updating caused the CPU overload issues in the first placed?

yep. i also realize technology at this level will always need changes/additions, and issues will arise because of them. And I think that once you find a setup that satisfies your needs, and you do not want any new features or fixes, then you should not update. I can downgrade to IOS 10.3.3 to help the CPU problem, but that does not let us progress. It's gets a little tricky when they require updates, or don't give you a way back to where you were, agreed. I suppose it would be fair to say for the amount we pay, we should never be burdened with any problems. That's just not the way high tech works. So thank guys like me who are willing to test out the latest stuff and give feedback.
What if DJI were to adopt a new Honda technology, where the 2018 Honda Odyssey will automatically update some systems simply by being in range of a particular WiFi SSID? They are actually doing this as I have configured a dealership network for it. It's called AHMOTA - American Honda Motors Over The Air. That scares me. Pretty sure it notifies you (on the dash display) and you have to say "Go". Maybe you could opt not to update, but you will be missing something if you don't...
Dam, i'm rattling... sry
2017-10-11
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
  • >>>
United States

HyLenz Posted at 2017-10-11 04:29
yep. i also realize technology at this level will always need changes/additions, and issues will arise because of them. And I think that once you find a setup that satisfies your needs, and you do not want any new features or fixes, then you should not update. I can downgrade to IOS 10.3.3 to help the CPU problem, but that does not let us progress. It's gets a little tricky when they require updates, or don't give you a way back to where you were, agreed. I suppose it would be fair to say for the amount we pay, we should never be burdened with any problems. That's just not the way high tech works. So thank guys like me who are willing to test out the latest stuff and give feedback.
What if DJI were to adopt a new Honda technology, where the 2018 Honda Odyssey will automatically update some systems simply by being in range of a particular WiFi SSID? They are actually doing this as I have configured a dealership network for it. It's called AHMOTA - American Honda Motors Over The Air. That scares me. Pretty sure it notifies you (on the dash display) and you have to say "Go". Maybe you could opt not to update, but you will be missing something if you don't...
Dam, i'm rattling... sry

When a new product is launch there are always a few bug, this is when updating is a good thing. Future updates on older devices just make then slower and more prone to crashes, same with smartphones, quad copters, anything with a CPU. This is when updating becomes bad... I’ve been a customer of DJI since the phantom 1 and I am still a big fan, I’ve also been around long enough to see many great flying quads become hobbled because of “updates” I could give at least 15 examples but I don’t really feel like getting into this right now. If your completely happy with the way your bird flies then leave it alone....
2017-10-11
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-10-11 05:32
When a new product is launch there are always a few bug, this is when updating is a good thing. Future updates on older devices just make then slower and more prone to crashes, same with smartphones, quad copters, anything with a CPU. This is when updating becomes bad... I’ve been a customer of DJI since the phantom 1 and I am still a big fan, I’ve also been around long enough to see many great flying quads become hobbled because of “updates” I could give at least 15 examples but I don’t really feel like getting into this right now. If your completely happy with the way your bird flies then leave it alone....

If your completely happy with the way your bird flies then leave it alone

I'd add that even if you aren't completely happy with the way it flies it's best to make sure that upgrading will really improve the situation before you try.
2017-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules