Cannot connect to controller
1300 26 2017-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rolfr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20308 ft
Sweden

My brand new Spark and controller cannot be used. I have linked them together and the green LED shows on the controller. Then I connect the controller to my Adroid phone. The app says that the controller should be updated, but that did not work. I found in another thread that mine had the same problem with hanging. I abandoned that, as someone said that it would work also without the update.

When the app connects to the controller I am forced to link it to my phone and verify. But when clicking on the link I come to a page where my phone number should be registered. Curious that is wants my number in Mainland China only. As I am in Sweden that is not possible and my number is recejted. Even if I try with + and the countrynumber 46 to Sweden or if I try 0046 for my country. Then I am stuck and cannot make it work. Wonder what can be done...
2017-10-10
Use props
lafoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1402680 ft
Portugal

I had the phone number problem...I solved this way...
Go to DJI store and fill in your data in your acount specialy "Country" !!!!!
2017-10-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

For the verification phone number, please try to link to the local network, put the AC to a place where has fine GPS signal, restart the AC and app.
For the connecting issue, I would recommend that you update your firmware first for the stability of the connection.
2017-10-10
Use props
Rolfr
lvl.3
Sweden

lafoto Posted at 2017-10-10 16:15
I had the phone number problem...I solved this way...
Go to DJI store and fill in your data in your acount specialy "Country" !!!!!

@lafoto
I cannot find anywhere in thestore to write my phone number. I have registereed myself an account, but ther are no phone numbers. And in the store I could only buy another one. No phone number. What page did you mean? Can you link to it?
2017-10-11
Use props
Rolfr
lvl.3
Sweden

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-10 20:19
For the verification phone number, please try to link to the local network, put the AC to a place where has fine GPS signal, restart the AC and app.
For the connecting issue, I would recommend that you update your firmware first for the stability of the connection.

@DJI Thor
Sorry, still nt working. Tried outside where GPS signal was good for my phone. Started the Spark and then the RC. Waited for green LED on RC and blinking green status in Spark, indicating P Mode and GPS.

Connected phone to RC and started the GO4 app. Still the same problem when entering the device that the pop up window says I need to register a phone number in Mainland China. The GO4 can only go between these two pages and cannot even be shut down. I must use a task killer to break.

I have also earlier tried to follow the red note to update the RC with ver 01.00.0400 but it stops every time at 5% and shuts down after 10 minutes.

I can also tell you that I have been inside the Simulator, that caused some problem in another thread.
2017-10-11
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Did you update the RC and Spark with new firmware?
Try to update via PC using the assistant v2 tool
2017-10-11
Use props
Rolfr
lvl.3
Sweden

Jos A Posted at 2017-10-11 02:07
Did you update the RC and Spark with new firmware?
Try to update via PC using the assistant v2 tool

Jos A
Spark updated via the app.
I cannot find the assistant v2 tool. Searched in the app and on dji.com. Pleas show where.
2017-10-11
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

http://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads

2017-10-11
Use props
Rolfr
lvl.3
Sweden

Jos A Posted at 2017-10-11 02:51
http://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads

Thnx. Have installed it but nothing happens when connecting the controller to the USB port of PC. Only a picture of how to connect to Inspire 2.

The Spark itself has been updated with the GO4 app before I even started the controller
2017-10-11
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Rolfr Posted at 2017-10-11 03:03
Thnx. Have installed it but nothing happens when connecting the controller to the USB port of PC. Only a picture of how to connect to Inspire 2.

The Spark itself has been updated with the GO4 app before I even started the controller

DJI Assistant does not work for the RC. The RC can only be updated via WiFi.
2017-10-11
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

It should be
2017-10-11
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

Sorry, only the mavic RC does.
2017-10-11
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

Hi there, I had the same problem and here is how i fixed it:

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-3 19:44
    You can click the Advanced icon and upload your pictures. Alternatively, you can upload the pictures to Dropbox or Google Drive and send us the link directly.

View full quote
Ok, but I have followed the recommendation of another user of the forum and it seems to work just fine now. It seems that i had launched the simulator on the PC while the AC was connected and that caused the issue. So i resetted the AC firmware and DJI GO4 on my phone to a previous version and then upgraded everything again, and that just solved the problem.
But thanks for the tip on how to upload the images.  
2017-10-11
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Spain

Hi there, I had the same problem and here is how i fixed it:

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-3 19:44
    You can click the Advanced icon and upload your pictures. Alternatively, you can upload the pictures to Dropbox or Google Drive and send us the link directly.

View full quote
Ok, but I have followed the recommendation of another user of the forum and it seems to work just fine now. It seems that i had launched the simulator on the PC while the AC was connected and that caused the issue. So i resetted the AC firmware and DJI GO4 on my phone to a previous version and then upgraded everything again, and that just solved the problem.
But thanks for the tip on how to upload the images.  
2017-10-11
Use props
Rolfr
lvl.3
Sweden

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-10-11 03:09
DJI Assistant does not work for the RC. The RC can only be updated via WiFi.

Thank you great Wachtberger!  Last night I saw your link to the old versions of GO4 in another thread. I would not change the new one in my phone, so I downloaded it to my tablet. But it would not install, as it announced a corrupt file. Tried both versions on your linked page.

I have just deinstalled the new version in the phone and installed an old one. And that very same APK file did the trick! So now I have also updated the firmware in the controller and everything looks good with a Ready To Fly sign on the screen. So I will go out for flying for the first time with a RC controlled aircraft. - But the rain must first dissappear.

Many thanks again for all support here   
2017-10-11
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Spain

Rolfr Posted at 2017-10-11 01:35
@DJI Thor
Sorry, still nt working. Tried outside where GPS signal was good for my phone. Started the Spark and then the RC. Waited for green LED on RC and blinking green status in Spark, indicating P Mode and GPS.

Yes I had the same issue but you only have to down grade everything to original version and then upgrade again without enter the simulator, that worked fine for me.
2017-10-11
Use props
Rolfr
lvl.3
Sweden

Viking-Pilot Posted at 2017-10-11 04:30
Yes I had the same issue but you only have to down grade everything to original version and then upgrade again without enter the simulator, that worked fine for me.

Do you mean that I now can install the app again, that obviously has some disadvantages by updating of firmware? Think if there comes a new firmware update before the app updates again. Then there will be the same exercise again. Or?
2017-10-11
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Spain

Rolfr Posted at 2017-10-11 04:35
Do you mean that I now can install the app again, that obviously has some disadvantages by updating of firmware? Think if there comes a new firmware update before the app updates again. Then there will be the same exercise again. Or?

Yes, just reset everything to it's original  and remove your DJI GO4 app in the phone and install a previus version of DJI GO4 then do the same process again to upgade everything, that should work.
2017-10-11
Use props
lafoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1402680 ft
Portugal

Rolfr Posted at 2017-10-11 00:21
@lafoto
I cannot find anywhere in thestore to write my phone number. I have registereed myself an account, but ther are no phone numbers. And in the store I could only buy another one. No phone number. What page did you mean? Can you link to it?

Define your country...

2017-10-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Rolfr Posted at 2017-10-11 01:35
@DJI Thor

Had you tried to reinstall the app or try another mobile device? You can try to confirm if it works. Keep us updated if the problem persists.
2017-10-11
Use props
Rolfr
lvl.3
Sweden

lafoto Posted at 2017-10-11 06:33
Define your country...

Yes, there I wrote Sweden, but the app still wanted a Mainland China number

But it works now whwn I did as described in message #15
2017-10-11
Use props
Rolfr
lvl.3
Sweden

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-11 06:40
Had you tried to reinstall the app or try another mobile device? You can try to confirm if it works. Keep us updated if the problem persists.

Yes it works now after I did as described in message #15
2017-10-11
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Rolfr Posted at 2017-10-11 04:35

Yes, now that your firmware is up to date it is advisable to go back to the newest App version. It contains a number of other improvements and new features.
2017-10-11
Use props
Rolfr
lvl.3
Sweden

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-10-11 08:08
Yes, now that your firmware is up to date it is advisable to go back to the newest App version. It contains a number of other improvements and new features.

OK, I´ll do that and have the old one in the shirt sleeve if needed
2017-10-11
Use props
Rolfr
lvl.3
Sweden

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-10-11 08:08

A strange thing here:  As described earlier here, I could activate the RC when using the old 4.1.5 app. Now there comes an automatic reminder on the phone to update to 4.1.9. Ok I try that, although I know it is not the very latest version, and the pop up window says updating but stops at 0%. Nothing more happens regardless of time waiting. This has happened twice now.

Then I go to Google play to try to update manually to the official ver 4.1.10, but Google say that I already have this installed.  Maybe I should uninstall the old one first and then install the new, although all apps normally does an update without erasing first.   

Any comments to that, as I am a little afraid, and will likely not tamper with the DJI Apps, as they seem to behave a little strange?
2017-10-12
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
France

A bit weird indeed... But I believe you don't risk anything with completely uninstalling first and then install the new one. Just check all your settings when to make sure that they are as you want them to be.
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Rolfr Posted at 2017-10-11 06:54
Yes it works now after I did as described in message #15

Great to know that. So now the old version app works for connecting, right?
2017-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules