Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Zenmuse GH4 HD - supported cameras?
2379 7 2014-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dzikbk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3517 ft
Poland

Hi,

the DJI WWW says that the Znemuse GH4 HD is made for both GH4 and GH3 but when I asked one of the european dealers they told me that this gimbal is just for the GH4 camera. So how is it? I have a GH3 but getting a GH4 is a matter of time for me now but I want to know if my GH3 will work with Zenmuse GH4 with all of its features available for me - I mean the built in HD to AV converter because GH4 has a microHDMI out and GH3 has a miniHDMI out. And another thing is the iOSD Mark II required for this gimbal to be able to work properly? I want to install the gimbal on my T960 frame and all I have there is DJI miniOSD - do I have to buy iOSD Mark II or the miniOSD will work too?  
2014-9-18
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

The GH3 will work with this gimbal.  The iOSD MK II is not required but recommended it you want flight data recording.  The iOSD mini does not record only the MK II.
2014-9-18
Use props
dzikbk
lvl.1
Poland

That's great that this gimbal will work with both cameras. Will this gimbal work with miniOSD?  I don't need flight data recording
2014-9-20
Use props
Blade_Strike
First Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gimbal will work with the mini iosd. But the a2 is not officially supported. You might want t to reconsider not having data logging.  
2014-9-20
Use props
Scott-Heliguy
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hmm I'm not sure if the GH4 and the GH3 have the same HDMI socket??
2014-9-20
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

The GH4 HD gimbal comes with both connectors based on the last that I heard.
2014-9-20
Use props
dzikbk
lvl.1
Poland

Yep, the official Zenmuse GH4 HD page says that both connectors are included so now I'm pretty sure my GH3 will work just fine with this gimbal. But I have to ask if any of you guys heard something about new gimbal from DJI? I'm asking because they made Ronin and from what I heard it's great and what's the best it can be used with so many deferent cameras and lenses and balancing it is very simple and it has this auto tune feature witch makes it one of the best out there so I'm curious if there is a chance that they will make something like Ronin but much lighter with ability to make it work with several cameras from BMPCC, GH3, GH4 to Canon 5D with diferent lenses so that we could mount it on our flying platforms. I'm sure we'd all love that kind of gimbal Sure they have the technology to make something like this but I guess it would kill the Zenmuse sales but having Zenmuse-like gimbal with autotune feature working with diferent cameras and lenses would be any aerial videographers choice - IMHO. I'm aware that I can buy Ronin but it's to big and to heavy to fly with.  What do you guys think? Maybe someone knows/heard something about such plans?
2014-9-22
Use props
Blade_Strike
First Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can verify that the gimbal supports gh3
2014-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now