Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 Battery Loose in Casing - DJI state 'Normal'
5484 9 2017-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dingoz
lvl.3
Australia

I received a DOA battery in my brand new drone. Sent it back under warranty and received the replacement today. The replacement appears to not be a new battery (no original packaging and a bit of gunk on it). Oddly inside the return box was a case number sticker that is not even my case number. But the real issue is the replacement battery moves within its casing back and forth:

- Rattles/moves around inside casing when tilted up/down/forward/back.
- Can be slid forward and backwards within the casing manually like in video example.

Of great concern is wear and tear... vibrations... or serious fault while in use from internals including any cables/parts moving constantly back and forth.

Asked to return it again for one without any faults and the reply was "this is normal". No other battery I have ever used from DJI does this so IMO its not 'normal'. It appears the glue or whatever that keeps the battery internals solidly in place within the casing is faulty.

Video attached in zip file to show problem. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Battery Loose.zip

809.24 KB, Down times: 13

2017-10-10
Use props
Dingoz
lvl.3
Australia

Consider the following diagram overlay examples of how internals are being pushed and pulled constantly which is my concern along with extra vibration during flight:

Battery 01.jpg
2017-10-10
Use props
Dingoz
lvl.3
Australia

Another example overlay...
Battery 02.jpg
2017-10-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I'm sorry to read your unpleasant experience. I understand your concern and would recommend you to send it back for double check.

I will PM you the case number later, and our colleagues will send you the shipping label soon.
2017-10-10
Use props
Dingoz
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-10 19:59
I'm sorry to read your unpleasant experience. I understand your concern and would recommend you to send it back for double check.

I will PM your the case number later, and our colleagues will send you the shipping label soon.

Thanks for your understanding Susan. I received the return shipping label and will send it back again. Hopefully third time lucky I receive a 'new' battery like I originally purchased and have yet to be able to use since new. Will let you know how it pans out this time around.
2017-10-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Dingoz Posted at 2017-10-10 20:32
Thanks for your understanding Susan. I received the return shipping label and will send it back again. Hopefully third time lucky I receive a 'new' battery like I originally purchased and have yet to be able to use since new. Will let you know how it pans out this time around.

Noted with thanks! I will keep follow up the status. Please contact us if you have more questions.
2017-10-12
Use props
Dingoz
lvl.3
Australia

Delivered yesterday the 16/10/2017... waiting for it to be 'unpacked' and receipt officially 'acknowledged'.... I wonder how long it will take this time to simply replace 'the replacement' faulty battery... hopefully it does not go through the same process of days and days to 'assess' a basic battery.

Yes I know it states please be patient... but my patience ran out after waiting now a month to use my new battery which was replaced with another faulty one... no patience left sorry! I trust the warranty on such replacement will start from the actual day I receive it back and first get to start using it?
Unpacking.jpg
2017-10-16
Use props
Dingoz
lvl.3
Australia

Seems to be taking EXTRA long this second time around... such poor service is a shame.

Checking.jpg
2017-10-23
Use props
Dingoz
lvl.3
Australia

2nd replacement received today (not the same battery I sent back). Physically seems ok finally.  Hopefully holds true in the air when put to use now. Hopefully end of this story. Thanks DJI Susan for stepping in and issuing the Case Number for this return when other DJI staff just said it was 'normal' when it obviously wasn't.
2017-10-30
Use props
sos sar
lvl.2

Ecuador

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-12 03:09
Noted with thanks! I will keep follow up the status. Please contact us if you have more questions.

saludos Susan tengo problemas con el control remoto de un datalink3 de uno de mis drones de fumigacion solo funcionan los canales de rth modos de vuelo etc  pero los canales de los stick de control no son funcionales   en el asistente no son reconocidos  podrias ayudarme con ese problema ?  mil gracias
2021-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules