2.4 and 5 Ghz - DJI Phantom 3 SE
16887 53 2017-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

well , i tried something in My PHANTOM 3 SE ..  IM PLACED IN A NO HAPPY FLY ZONE " SPAIN ..it mean i use CE mode , but i tried fool the GpS with an app( no names) , choosing a false location  in usa.... , after that , i can see now 11 channels intead 13 .

it mean im running now in FCC ?
2017-12-20
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Spain

Nelsonlee Posted at 2017-10-11 06:06
Please look my video here for the reference.

https://youtu.be/MEEclMpPk1w

Thanks for your amazing Videos ;) it help a lot
2017-12-20
Use props
Siambuddhas Gro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116926 ft
Singapore

we placed in a area SE Asia.... all other area i think is CE except USA...Our country support FCC but donnoe why DJI dont allow our flights here.......if a P3A or P3P above...its good on the range..but for P3s and SE...dont think so.........
2017-12-26
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Spain

Siambuddhas Gro Posted at 2017-12-26 01:28
we placed in a area SE Asia.... all other area i think is CE except USA...Our country support FCC but donnoe why DJI dont allow our flights here.......if a P3A or P3P above...its good on the range..but for P3s and SE...dont think so.........

very strange things ..
2017-12-26
Use props
djiuser_kTrYeGgkLp32
lvl.2
Flight distance : 503983 ft
France

Hello, 2 months i haven't used my dji phantom 3 SE because of this sh*tting update, do you have news or solutions? Thanks. If it is not solved I will ask to be refunded!!
2018-2-3
Use props
Siambuddhas Group
lvl.4
Singapore

It really depends..relink ac... Put ur handset to flightmode but Wi-Fi on... Try again...If u r really extremely Fed up..den think to void the warranty n unleash the beast within。。But think twice always
2018-2-3
Use props
phantomcillo
lvl.2
Spain

Cual es la mejor señal para ir lejos?

Cual tiene mas potencia?
2018-4-3
Use props
Siambuddhas Group
lvl.4

FCC has the most range signal (power)
2018-4-3
Use props
acidburn
lvl.1
Philippines

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-12 23:35
The RC of P3 SE support 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz. I would recommend you to change to another recommended mobile and try again.

ive heard about 2.4ghz wifi repeater, can this be compatible with P3 S & A bird? im just curious if this will work to improve the video feed/downlink. thanks
2018-8-29
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

acidburn Posted at 2018-8-29 22:00
ive heard about 2.4ghz wifi repeater, can this be compatible with P3 S & A bird? im just curious if this will work to improve the video feed/downlink. thanks

No, because the only device that uses actual WiFi is between the RC unit and phone on a P3 Standard. Zillions of devices uses 2.4Ghz and 5.8Ghz, but is does not mean they use the WiFi tranmission standard.
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

acidburn Posted at 2018-8-29 22:00

Sorry for the late response. They are not compatible for now.
2018-8-31
Use props
acidburn
lvl.1
Philippines

hi dji susan. can you explain why a wifi boster cant help the video telemetry? TIA
2018-9-23
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

acidburn Posted at 2018-9-23 19:12
hi dji susan. can you explain why a wifi boster cant help the video telemetry? TIA

DJI Susan is not technical. I explained it in the post above, the link between the RC unit and the aircraft is NOT WiFi, so a repeater or booster will not wqork.
2018-9-23
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Let's dig into this a little deeper.  

For the record, I hate the word "booster" because it's too generic.  Booster can be anything that boosts.  It's better to be specific.  Use words such as windsurfer, directional antenna, amplifier, etc., and everybody knows exactly what you mean.  

The SE (Special Edition) is aptly named because there's no other DJI RC system like it.  

Geebax is correct in that the signal between RC and AC on the SE is not wifi.  But it's still a radio signal which means the situation can be improved if you're willing to do the mod.  

Inside the SE controller are two patch antennas facing forward.  Those are the antennas that communicate with the AC.  They are invisible from the outside so you'd have to open up the controller case to see them.  Once inside, you'd want to disconnect the patch antennas and attach high quality antenna cable from those transmitters and run them outside the controller.  There are various ways to accomplish this.  Then connect the cables to a better antenna such as an ITELITE and mount same.  I'm not sure ITELITE makes an antenna for the SE, so mounting might be tricky.  Also, the ITELITE antennas are frequency-specific, and they are 2.4 ghz (except for some early models), so you'd be stuck at 2.4 ghz and wouldn't be able to switch to 5 ghz.  Nonetheless, once you accomplish the mod, both signals (incoming and outgoing) will be significantly improved.

You could use some other antenna too.  You might even find a dual-frequency antenna out there somewhere, but I'd use the ITELITE.  

Good luck
2018-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules