Long Live Mavic
926 12 2017-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fred F
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4676457 ft
Australia

My Mavic was taken by the Southern Ocean, it left me with its final moments and the flight log on my phone, just the deep blue sea.  It happend almost at the end of a 20,000 Km 4x4 adventure around Australia, and worked wonderfully, gave me plenty of clips of new perspective of places that I had been a number of times, but never able to see, until now.

I want to know how can I save that flight log, or any other flight logs for memory.  I am able to play it on the phone with map etc., but want to know where to find the file and save it ?

I also understand that is a online store for this, how can I do that, and play it on my desktop?

Any help appreciated.

P.S. I just got my Mavic back in a new box, apparently, my daughter got in contact with one of the sailors out of Melbourne, and he went out and fished it up, packed and returned.  It is a little wet, so I am taking it out for a dry run soon !!
2017-10-11
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I want to know how can I save that flight log, or any other flight logs for memory.

Use the Go app to sync your flight logs, which will create a copy of them on DJI's servers that will remain indefinitely and will allow you to get them back even if you remove and re-install the app or want to use it on a different mobile device.

I am able to play it on the phone with map etc., but want to know where to find the file and save it ? I also understand that is a online store for this, how can I do that, and play it on my desktop?

You can use the instructions on PhantomHelp to access specific flight log files, and you can also upload logs to PhantomHelp for (static) viewing, though it doesn't provide exactly the same thing as the replay that's available through the Go app.

P.S. I just got my Mavic back in a new box, apparently, my daughter got in contact with one of the sailors out of Melbourne, and he went out and fished it up, packed and returned.  It is a little wet, so I am taking it out for a dry run soon !!

Some will tell you that you should rinse it thoroughly with distilled water and then dry it out in a container of rice (or better yet, silica gel dessicant) before flying again. However, DJI's position is that once your drone has been submerged in water -- especially salt water -- there's essentially no chance that it's going to be safe to fly over the long term, and they won't even attempt a repair on it.
2017-10-11
Use props
Fred F
lvl.4
Australia

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-10-11 03:01
I want to know how can I save that flight log, or any other flight logs for memory.

Use the Go app to sync your flight logs, which will create a copy of them on DJI's servers that will remain indefinitely and will allow you to get them back even if you remove and re-install the app or want to use it on a different mobile device.

Thanks mate.  Apparently, the fisherman packed it in a brand new Mavic box.. So I was told.
2017-10-11
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

Fred F Posted at 2017-10-11 03:07
Thanks mate.  Apparently, the fisherman packed it in a brand new Mavic box.. So I was told.

Ah, I see. Very nice.
2017-10-11
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry about your loss. Fantastic daughter to do that for you! She must really love ya!
2017-10-11
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

By the way, one other option for storing your flight records that I forgot to mention is AirData, though keeping more than 100 flights requires a paid subscription.
2017-10-11
Use props
Fred F
lvl.4
Australia

Bob Brown Posted at 2017-10-11 13:02
Sorry about your loss. Fantastic daughter to do that for you! She must really love ya!

It was a sad loss, fortunately only at the very last leg of the very long trip....Amen !!

By then, it had a few scratches, battle scars with tree leaves, ground grasses etc., and plenty of the famous red dust, though I kept it clean most of the time, but they creep in, when I cycle through 3 batteries during any one day.

I learned to hand launch and land, to reduce dust.  A landing pad would have been good, but I still doubt, because it is not practical to always find a flat spot to land, in the outbacks.

It lost contact once when descended into a valley behind a tall hill, and came back after 5 mins or so of sweating palms.

It crashed into a cliff ledge when flying side ways, took two hours to find and retrieve it just after sun down.  The blinking red light shone through the bush after the sun disappeared. I am thinking of putting on some fluorescent paint on the new one.  Fortunately, that time, it only broke all the blades and not the gimbal at all, with scratches.  After finding a new set of blades from my spare box, it went live again.

And the wind got it a few times, I had to find a layer of air that was calm for it to come home...I was pushing it, and got wonderful clips of the Australia outbacks, which I had not seen before despite being in some places 2 or 3 times prior.  But the last time, the wind was just too much, coastal outward wind on the Great Ocean Rd, with only 50% power, broke my own golden rule for not launching anything below 80%.  But even with full battery, I wonder if it would have saved it, it got pull out at about 12 Kph, depsite applying full throttle for it to return.

All and all, I am very happy with the beast.

2017-10-11
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

Fred F Posted at 2017-10-11 13:20
It was a sad loss, fortunately only at the very last leg of the very long trip....Amen !!

By then, it had a few scratches, battle scars with tree leaves, ground grasses etc., and plenty of the famous red dust, though I kept it clean most of the time, but they creep in, when I cycle through 3 batteries during any one day.

The Mavic is a fantastic machine and it sounds like you've been putting it to very good use, so I'm glad you've gotten a replacement. And I agree with Bob's comment about your daughter, with the additional note that they usually don't turn out that way by accident: you must have done something right along the way.
2017-10-11
Use props
Fred F
lvl.4
Australia

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-10-11 13:25
The Mavic is a fantastic machine and it sounds like you've been putting it to very good use, so I'm glad you've gotten a replacement. And I agree with Bob's comment about your daughter, with the additional note that they usually don't turn out that way by accident: you must have done something right along the way.

Thanks.  My previous experience with flying glider had helped in maneuvering it, but one big short coming, is having to deal with the screen in bright sun light, even in the shade, it is sometime very challenging, so the clips are sometime hesitating and jerky when I tried to figure out where it is actually heading when near ground.
2017-10-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

That’s tough you certainly had one big adventure with your Mavic hopefully you will be back flying soon.

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
2017-10-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I‘m sorry about the crash. Just to verify, did you buy the DJI Care Refresh?
2017-10-12
Use props
Fred F
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-12 22:56
I‘m sorry about the crash. Just to verify, did you buy the DJI Care Refresh?

No I did not, but if DJI can offer me a special replacement deal, I would gladly get another body, as a back up, without the controller and charger...
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Fred F Posted at 2017-10-13 12:33
No I did not, but if DJI can offer me a special replacement deal, I would gladly get another body, as a back up, without the controller and charger...

Ha ha, Dji Care Refresh covered the accident as long as the drone was retrieved. I would recommend you to consider it if you are going to buy a new one.
2017-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules