Mavic Gimbal control ( too non-linear)
804 3 2017-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fred F
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4676457 ft
Australia

After using Mavic over 70 days, almost daily during a 4x4 adventure trip through Austalia, I found the biggest issue for me, seems to be the camera gimbal control.

In particular, it is the tilt angle.  I try to achieve a smooth tilt of the camera as I change the altitude, so to keep the horizon at the same place.  And I found that contol, being the front left rotary knob, very unstable.  Sometime, it can be very unresponsive ( ie, many turns, bu little tilt change), and then all at a sudden, changes rapidly, too sudden a change.  I don't know whether it is becuase it buffers up all the changes, and do it in one go or not?

I wonder if it is my finger problem, or it is a bug or hardware problem?

2017-10-11
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I wonder if it is my finger problem, or it is a bug or hardware problem?

Since I've not heard of this before or experienced it personally I'd guess it's your use of the control that's the problem. The default setting is very sensitive, but fortunately you can adjust the gain / sensitivity of it and you may want to try that and see if it produces smoother results.
2017-10-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please try to reset the gimbal settings first. Then you can adjust the gimbal pitch speed or gimbal pitch smoothness accordingly. Hope it helps.
2017-10-11
Use props
Nazar78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5106037 ft
Singapore

I have the gimbal pitch speed set to 10 and yet it's still quite fast if you turn it fully but I don't want it too slow that I could not catch up with the target. I've learned to not to use my fingertip but to rest my middle finger (I'm an index and thumb stick user) flat on the wheel so I can use the RC edges as a slide guide to precisely control the wheel movements.
2017-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules