Only single shot is available
4544 12 2017-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nicolopez
lvl.1
Philippines

Hi there! I was wondering how I can choose the other picture shooting modes (single shot, burst, interval, panorama, and shallow focus) during flight with DJI Spark. Whenever Spark is hovering up the air, I can only chose single shot. This is not a problem if Spark is grounded as I can select all single shot, burst, interval, panorama, and shallow focus only when it is on the ground.

2017-10-11
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

That is interesting.  Don't remember this being an issue before.  I'm sure i can select which ever shot i want while my spark is in the air.  But then again, i''m having a brain fart and maybe i'm wrong.
2017-10-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

That's weird. Have you tried to reset the camera settings, is there any error message on the app? Could you please tell me what mobile device are you using and provide me with the screenshot of this case? I would like to check more. Thank you.
2017-10-11
Use props
JCStorbeck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16502930 ft
  • >>>
United States

I do know you can't shoot some of those camera modes in Sport Mode.  Panorama for instance you can't be in Sports mode.
2017-10-11
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is it possible you are doing a palm launch?  If so, then your Spark will automatically be in Gesture Mode when it launches and you may not have all of the options for photos.

If this is the case, then just click the icon on the lower left to get to the screen to choose what mode you are in and choose Normal Mode.
2017-10-11
Use props
ps01
First Officer
Flight distance : 3579409 ft
United States

Kloo Gee Posted at 2017-10-11 06:44
Is it possible you are doing a palm launch?  If so, then your Spark will automatically be in Gesture Mode when it launches and you may not have all of the options for photos.

If this is the case, then just click the icon on the lower left to get to the screen to choose what mode you are in and choose Normal Mode.

Right on
2017-10-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Oh, thanks for Kloo Gee's reminding. I haven't thought of that.
For OP, please check if you are in Gesture mode, choices for changing photo mode can not be selected, only single shot.
Try to quit it out and check in normal mode.
2017-10-12
Use props
nicolopez
lvl.1
Philippines

Kloo Gee Posted at 2017-10-11 06:44

WOW! It worked! Thank you so soooo much!

I just noticed you are Kloo Gee! I kept on viewing your youtube vids regarding Spark even before I bought it! Thank you so much for posting those awesome videos!
2017-10-14
Use props
nicolopez
lvl.1
Philippines

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-12 20:42
Oh, thanks for Kloo Gee's reminding. I haven't thought of that.
For OP, please check if you are in Gesture mode, choices for changing photo mode can not be selected, only single shot.
Try to quit it out and check in normal mode.

Indeed to worked! Thank you!
2017-10-14
Use props
nicolopez
lvl.1
Philippines

Sparky_17 Posted at 2017-10-11 04:27
That is interesting.  Don't remember this being an issue before.  I'm sure i can select which ever shot i want while my spark is in the air.  But then again, i''m having a brain fart and maybe i'm wrong.

Looks like there is an issue with the gesture mode. Kloo Gee pointed it out that I must get out of gesture mode for it to work and it did
2017-10-14
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

nicolopez Posted at 2017-10-14 22:45
Looks like there is an issue with the gesture mode. Kloo Gee pointed it out that I must get out of gesture mode for it to work and it did

It's not an 'issue' with gesture control - that is the setting as the drone can only take single shot selfies in that mode. The fact you can use all other photo settings in manual mode shows there is no problem. Be mindful not to blame the drone and say there are issues with it when things 'don't work' as you develop your knowledge - in 9/10 cases it's because the pilot doesn't know or, in most cases, hasn't read the manual.
2017-10-14
Use props
nicolopez
lvl.1
Philippines

ACW Posted at 2017-10-14 23:25
It's not an 'issue' with gesture control - that is the setting as the drone can only take single shot selfies in that mode. The fact you can use all other photo settings in manual mode shows there is no problem. Be mindful not to blame the drone and say there are issues with it when things 'don't work' as you develop your knowledge - in 9/10 cases it's because the pilot doesn't know or, in most cases, hasn't read the manual.

My bad. I'm so sorry
2017-10-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

nicolopez Posted at 2017-10-14 22:42
Indeed to worked!  Thank you!

Glad to hear that you found the reason and get it worked now. Have a nice time.
2017-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules