Batteries
1099 4 2015-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJK
New
Flight distance : 44154 ft
United States

Can DJI confirm that the Inspire batteries use the newer style LiPV 4.35 volt cells?
2015-4-8
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

Look @3:45

But this is TB47
2015-4-8
Use props
DJK
New
United States

dundee Posted at 2015-4-8 20:25
Look @3:45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDC_AbcJbDk&app=desktop

Thanks, I can see it is a 8.4 watt 3.7 volt, but none of the other numbers cross reference to anything i can find.
2015-4-8
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Can DJI confirm that the Inspire batteries use the newer style LiPV 4.35 volt cells?

Why ask someone who may not know?

I can confirm for you guys though.

I hate to show this picture to you guys for the third time, but maybe it will sink in this time - lol
(just kidding brothers, but this should answer ur question, looks like the tb48 gets charged to 4.3)

Also, this is a "Dual Leaf" calculator, (no single leaf chit for this Tech Guru) -

Bob "Fan Friendly" Marley
2015-4-8
Use props
DJK
New
United States

Dear...the new...Fan Friendly Bob

This should not come as a shock..but sometimes you "don't know what you don't know"

Some of us are experienced design engineers, and some of us double check our assumption before we experiment.

I fully understand that the power supply and the charge controller and the batteries are three separate sub assemblies.

You are measuring the input voltage to the charge controller. You could put a similar 35 volt charger on the input to the controller and if it can handle the voltage, there would be no difference to the charge controller than a 26 volt power supply.
But that is "not" a measurement of the output of the charge controller, or the individual cell voltages.

A fully charged battery i measured at the output had around 25.6 volts, "without the charger attached".

Please measure this value.

I measured 25.5/6 or around 4.25 volts per cell using a non precision oscilloscope.

Still could be either type of cell, I don't know!
The final output capabilities of the charge controller inside the battery should determine the charging rates and voltages that can be achieved.

Based on the design limits and tolerances of the battery, charger, and sub components that DJI designed into it.

If you are the new friendly Bob, then please check this out and respond in a friendly manner.

2015-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules