Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
re: increased speed
447 4 2017-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
geoffz
First Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've noticed lately that in normal mode the Mavic seems to be flying faster that before.

As a rule, it used to be capable of around 17mph in normal mode.

Now I'm reaching 27mph.

Only thing different is I've been flying with a Crystal Sky monitor.

No firmware update or anything elsa has changed, except for the noticeable speed increase.

Has anyone else experieced something similar?

2017-10-11
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Normal maximum speed is around 22 MPH in P-mode (with OA enabled), 42 MPH in Sport mode. By any chance did you recently disable OA? That can cause it go faster, though your choice of mobile device (e.g., CrystalSky) will definitely not affect speed.
2017-10-11
Use props
geoffz
First Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-10-11 11:09
Normal maximum speed is around 22 MPH in P-mode (with OA enabled), 42 MPH in Sport mode. By any chance did you recently disable OA? That can cause it go faster, though your choice of mobile device (e.g., CrystalSky) will definitely not affect speed.

Why would the OA disabled allow it to increase speed?
2017-10-11
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

geoffz Posted at 2017-10-11 12:25
Why would the OA disabled allow it to increase speed?

There's no question that disabling OA increases the maximum P-mode speed; it definitely does, and that behavior is documented in the manual.

You didn't answer my question about whether you had disabled OA but to answer yours, the Mavic deliberately limits itself to the maximum speed at which it can travel and still have OA be effective enough to prevent it from crashing into an obstacle.
2017-10-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Could you please answer the question which DroneFlying asked in the first post? BTW, here are the details about the Speed in P-mode for your reference.
1.png
2017-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules