Buying a Spark Combo in the UK
3346 18 2017-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd19ab007
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22461 ft
United Kingdom

Im based in the UK - whats my best option to buy a Spark fly More Combo? Thanks Patrick
2017-10-11
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Maplins offer the Spark fly more in either white or red and are authorised dealers. Check out their website to ensure they have stock in your area. £699 and it's yours. John Lewis have the added benefit of a two-year warranty but only offer it in white. There are others that offer all colours but they seem to be on line. I would buy in person rather than on line so if there are any issues upon unboxing you can take it straight back without raising a case on line which could take weeks. Also, be very cautious if the price is way under £699 - 'if it's too good to be true it probably is'! Alternatively, you could look at second-hand via Ebay and will get a near new model for hundreds less but there will always be the risk of a damaged product or one that doesnt turn up etc. but thats your decision.
2017-10-11
Use props
Pez942
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166512 ft
United Kingdom

I bought my fly more combo from a company called Heliguy. They are based in Newcastle. Fantastic bunch of guys there, especially Sam, who are happy to talk you through all your options. They have free next day delivery and also their own crash cover rather than DJI’s refresh. They supply a lot of police forces with drones and training around the country too.

I took out DJI’s refresh hoping to never have to use it, but after a recent crash I soon realised that I had to send the drone to Holland and it’s taken about 2 weeks to get it back, which i understand is quite quick for DJI. If I had purchased Heliguy’s cover I would only had to send it back to them and they quote a 3-5 day turn around.

So that’s another option for you to consider.
2017-10-11
Use props
Scobo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 152795 ft
United Kingdom

Best price I can see is here .... https://goo.gl/jSTnVE
2017-10-11
Use props
ACW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why are they charging £20 for a pair of props worth £9 and I bought that gimbal lock for £7 on Amazon - they want £15 for it? Still, £575 for the flymore is seriously cheap... this isn’t a batch of retuned items is it as £124 cheaper than the official RRP set by DJI.  
2017-10-11
Use props
ACW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I’ve just checked out that company... reviews are not good - basically no warranty after a month and many cases of items missing and they are a US and not UK based company despite advertising as UK... Thought that price was too good to be true!
2017-10-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

I would recommend you buy the combo from our website and authorized stores. Here is the link:
http://store.dji.com/?site=brandsite&from=nav
http://www.dji.com/where-to-buy
2017-10-11
Use props
ACW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-11 19:50
I would recommend you buy the combo from our website and authorized stores. Here is the link:

Totally agree!
2017-10-11
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4885 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-11 19:50

Hi there Elektra,
Nice idea, but there are NO Authorised DJI Dealers in the UK only resellers have a look at the DJI site map. I usually buy from Argos who DJI dont even mention, but do at least give a warranty on the items they sell. Maplin are ok aswell but again they are Not authorised dealers on the DJI site only resellers.
hope this helps UK buyers, bye
davawt
2017-10-11
Use props
Pez942
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166512 ft
United Kingdom

davawt Posted at 2017-10-11 23:34
Hi there Elektra,
Nice idea, but there are NO Authorised DJI Dealers in the UK only resellers have a look at the DJI site map. I usually buy from Argos who DJI dont even mention, but do at least give a warranty on the items they sell. Maplin are ok aswell but again they are Not authorised dealers on the DJI site only resellers.

Hi, the company I mentioned, Heliguy, advertise themselves as a uk authorised Dji dealer and offer in house repair service on Dji products.
2017-10-12
Use props
nelly19780
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3002 ft
United Kingdom

I used a company called Drones Direct. I had no issues at all with them. They too offer an in-house repair service. They also offer a price match service.
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi there Elektra,

There are a few DJI authorized retailer stores in UK and I think DJI reseller showed on our website is a reliable way to buy our products.
2017-10-12
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

Scobo Posted at 2017-10-11 11:57
Best price I can see is here .... https://goo.gl/jSTnVE

I have bought from these,
No reply to emails and phone just puts me in a que, every time I try to contact about a problem.

2017-10-12
Use props
Drone-Mike
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Pez942 Posted at 2017-10-12 00:12
Hi, the company I mentioned, Heliguy, advertise themselves as a uk authorised Dji dealer and offer in house repair service on Dji products.

Heliguy are really helpful and have an in-house repair centre. I'd definitely recommend them.
2017-10-12
Use props
Deek56
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Drone-Mike Posted at 2017-10-12 03:23
Heliguy are really helpful and have an in-house repair centre. I'd definitely recommend them.

I got mine from Jessops.Interest free credit  plus cashback through Quidco. Free next day delivery too
2017-10-12
Use props
ACW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi there Elektra,

The two words are often equivalent, but distributor often implies a closer relationship with the manufacturer (as does dealership). The organisation is usually a wholly or partly owned subsidiary of the manufacturer (authorised DJI retail stores are owned by DJI).

A reseller often has a looser relationship with the supplier. They may not carry full stocks of spare parts, for example, and their staff may be less knowledgeable about the products but there is an official affiliation between the reseller and the manufacturer/distributor who are therefore authorised to sell their products. This makes Maplins, whilst independent to DJI, an authorised dealer/official reseller of their products as noted on their website.
2017-10-12
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

ACW Posted at 2017-10-12 10:56
The two words are often equivalent, but distributor often implies a closer relationship with the manufacturer (as does dealership). The organisation is usually a wholly or partly owned subsidiary of the manufacturer (authorised DJI retail stores are owned by DJI).

A reseller often has a looser relationship with the supplier. They may not carry full stocks of spare parts, for example, and their staff may be less knowledgeable about the products but there is an official affiliation between the reseller and the manufacturer/distributor who are therefore authorised to sell their products. This makes Maplins, whilst independent to DJI, an authorised dealer/official reseller of their products as noted on their website.

Thank you ACW, FOR THAT INFORMATION I had no idea of those things that make the difference when buying and choosing who to buy from. It seems more involved than I at first thought.
I will take heed in the future and decide on the whole sale /  seller not just the price.
Bye
davawt
2017-10-12
Use props
fans18278537
lvl.4
Flight distance : 99295 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Align-trex.co.uk.
2017-10-12
Use props
ACW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

davawt Posted at 2017-10-12 11:42
Thank you ACW, FOR THAT INFORMATION I had no idea of those things that make the difference when buying and choosing who to buy from. It seems more involved than I at first thought.
I will take heed in the future and decide on the whole sale /  seller not just the price.
Bye

Price is obviously important and if you can get the same thing cheaper then thats always a positive but yeah, I'd rather pay more/official RRP for the warranty and have that peace of mind that nothing will be missing, nothing will be broken, everything is genuine and I have someone to talk to or, even better, return to visit in person if there is anything wrong - especially when paying hundreds or even thousands of pounds for a product that ultimately takes off.   
2017-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules