P3P camera not working
1427 13 2017-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
supaphly42
lvl.1

United States

Been having issues with my P3Pro since a recent update. When I power it on, I can connect the remote and the app, but the camera doesn't work. Not just a lack of video signal, but the camera controls are grayed out as well, can't do anything. When I check the status, it shows the SD card as 0MB (it's an empty 16GB card, also tried an empty 8GB), and no format option. I can move the gimbal up and down, and the gimbal acts normally if you move the plane around. I have tried reinstalling the firmware from SD card (the app says firmware is up to date). But it just gives a beep-beep sound, and it will go red/green for a while, then just green flashing, then back to red/green flashing, indefinitely. There is no log file generated on the SD card under MISC-LOG. What should I be looking at or trying? I don't know if there's any way to check warranty status, but I am not the original purchaser.

2017-10-11
Use props
fansd3788914
New
Flight distance : 37940 ft
Australia

I have the same problem, My machine has not flown for over a year now, because I can't figger it out .. very sad about it all .. It was going well before the up date ..
2017-10-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Unless you know a lot about the DSJI aircraft technically, you should book it in for repair.
2017-10-11
Use props
sSunSets
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

Hmmm. I'm new myself and no expert... But maybe when everythings off. I'd dislocate the upper gimbil from the aircraft. And un-plug the gimbil/camera connection and plug it in again.
2017-10-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Just to verify, what's the current firmware of the aircraft and controller? Please try to format the SD card via PC and check again.
2017-10-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansd3788914 Posted at 2017-10-11 15:04
I have the same problem, My machine has not flown for over a year now, because I can't figger it out .. very sad about it all .. It was going well before the up date ..

I'm sorry to read your issue. May I know what troubleshooting have you tried? If no helps, please contact the support to send it in for timely repair: http://www.dji.com/support
2017-10-11
Use props
supaphly42
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-11 18:55
Just to verify, what's the current firmware of the aircraft and controller? Please try to format the SD card via PC and check again.

App: 3.1.11
Version: 1.11.20
Remote Controller: 1.9.2
2017-10-12
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

try taking the SD card out of the P3P then turn on RC, P3P & the DJI Go programme. if all goes well you should receive vision. If all OK turn it all off, reinstall SD card & away you go. This worked for me after last update but...
2017-10-12
Use props
supaphly42
lvl.1

United States

sky wombat Posted at 2017-10-12 04:32
try taking the SD card out of the P3P then turn on RC, P3P & the DJI Go programme. if all goes well you should receive vision. If all OK turn it all off, reinstall SD card & away you go. This worked for me after last update but...

Tried that, no luck.
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

supaphly42 Posted at 2017-10-12 03:28
App: 3.1.11
Version: 1.11.20
Remote Controller: 1.9.2

Do you use the original SD card? Please try to re-plug the pin on the side of the gimbal. If still no helps, please consider to send it in for repair.
2017-10-13
Use props
supaphly42
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-13 01:30
Do you use the original SD card? Please try to re-plug the pin on the side of the gimbal. If still no helps, please consider to send it in for repair.

How much would repair be? And are you talking about the white wires that come down from the top, or the black one going in to the side?

2017-10-13
Use props
fansd3788914
New
Flight distance : 37940 ft
Australia

Thanks... I tried all the above and went for a flight.. everything works .. even the recording of a video .. which I just guess, when flying .. But no picture communication between the craft and my phone .. Its a Huawei 7 ... everything shows otherwise ..all the controls etc .. but no view from the camera ??  I up loaded the new firmware .. but no change .. Thanks
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fansd3788914 Posted at 2017-10-13 23:35
Thanks... I tried all the above and went for a flight.. everything works .. even the recording of a video .. which I just guess, when flying .. But no picture communication between the craft and my phone .. Its a Huawei 7 ... everything shows otherwise ..all the controls etc .. but no view from the camera ??  I up loaded the new firmware .. but no change .. Thanks

Sorry for your experience. I would recommend you send it back for repair. Here is
the link: http://www.dji.com/support.
2017-10-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

supaphly42 Posted at 2017-10-13 05:47
How much would repair be? And are you talking about the white wires that come down from the top, or the black one going in to the side?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/JWBZRFLdhpg/maxresdefault.jpg[/img]

The white wires. Please make sure it is well seated. For the exact repair cost, it can be confirmed after the local team received the package and did damage assessment. You can refer the price list here first: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/PriceQuery
2017-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules