Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Any chance to get 1080p / 2,7k at 60mpbs someday ?
215 8 2017-10-11 12:53:31
Blackpeppers
lvl.1
France

Hi everyone !

I'm a new owner of a Mavic Pro and I love it. Great app and usability, good image quality from the little camera.

But 4k at 60mbps on this camera isn't really 4K since it has way too much compression artefact and blockiness.
Downsized to 1080p, it's quite good but wouldn't be easier and better to directly have the ability to record 60 mbit/s at 1080p (or 2,7k) reducing compression artefacts thanks to a higher bitrate ? I really don't mind 4k if 1080p is sharp and artefact-free. All-intra codec could be great but maybe a bit tricky at 60 mbit/s.

I'm pretty sure nothing in the hardware is limiting the bitrate to be set to 60 mbit/s for 1080p/2,7k. On the last firmware, 1080p is 25 mbit/s and 2,7k 45 mbit/s
And it would be great if you could also add an on/off switch for internal noise reduction that isn't link to sharpness settings.

Hope someone at DJI read my comment and I'm probably dreaming but I would be so glad to see those functionnality in an update.
Maybe if many people is asking for such an update, DJI will make a move. That would be so great.
2017-10-11 12:53:31
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Japan

Thanks for your suggestions, we'll forward them to our engineers, hope they can take it into consideration.
2017-10-11 18:48:23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Netherlands

Would be great!
2017-10-11 22:29:45
Use props
sigkill
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-11 18:48
Thanks for your suggestions, we'll forward them to our engineers, hope they can take it into consideration.

It can't hurt to try Diana, but please don't hold your breath, this has been requested for almost a year now. Things like that and also the Goggles not doing 24Hz and miserable 24p playback suggest DJI has certain reasons to hold back these very basic options from its hard work cash paying customers, and they continue to act as deaf as a spider while continuing to restrict the devices further on new firmware and app versions. You seem like a nice person with a sincere heart to try to help, but please don't be disappointed as DJI continues to let us down and break our tender hearts.
2017-10-12 05:00:37
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16567
United States

So when you refer to 60 mbps, are you referring to transmission rate or image processing rate?  Or do you mean 60 fps?
2017-10-12 08:35:25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Japan

sigkill Posted at 2017-10-12 05:00
It can't hurt to try Diana, but please don't hold your breath, this has been requested for almost a year now. Things like that and also the Goggles not doing 24Hz and miserable 24p playback suggest DJI has certain reasons to hold back these very basic options from its hard work cash paying customers, and they continue to act as deaf as a spider while continuing to restrict the devices further on new firmware and app versions. You seem like a nice person with a sincere heart to try to help, but please don't be disappointed as DJI continues to let us down and break our tender hearts.

I understand how you feel, we've forwarded most of the requests provided by the members on this forum to our engineers. We definitely wanna develop more functions to meet most of the customers' request, but it is hard to meet all of your requests, some of them may be limited by the hardware, some of them may be limited by the technology, etc. We hope you can understand the situation.
2017-10-13 04:56:09
Use props
sigkill
lvl.2
Canada

Griffith Posted at 2017-10-12 08:35
So when you refer to 60 mbps, are you referring to transmission rate or image processing rate?  Or do you mean 60 fps?

We are talking about the bitrate, which is how much detail is recorded. We want to have the high bitrate from 4k recording available in lower resolutions, to reduce detail loss/smudging/smearing/blurring and improve our ability to process the video in our editor.
2017-10-13 06:07:55
Use props
ACW
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Anything that will stop 1080p footage at 60p from looking like the world is made of jelly will be very much appreciated.
2017-10-13 12:47:00
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16567
United States

We are talking about the bitrate, which is how much detail is recorded. We want to have the high bitrate from 4k recording available in lower resolutions, to reduce detail loss/smudging/smearing/blurring and improve our ability to process the video in our editor.

OK, so you're talking compression rate.  Bitrate will depend on the codec being used, the level of compression and the speed of the video processor ( and also the storage memory write speed), So , unless a  better, lower loss, codec is developed, the only way to bump the bitrate is to increase the processing power.  I presume you are working from the video file stored in the Mavic memory card and not the video stream recorded on the phone.  

I don't know if there is any reserve capacity in the Mavic video processor. Perhaps bumpling the clock rate could get you there, but at the cost of increased power consumption and increased heat generated.  I'm guessing you may have to wait for Mavic 2.
2 days ago
Use props
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules

Close

DJI RecommendsPrevious /1 Next