Turkey

DJI P5P or MP2
2017-11-13
Use props
Dockater
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

DJI products have a high level of quality and function, the performance and value for money are also extremely competitive, I have several drones (expensive ones too) and in direct comparison they are no match for the DJI drones. A lot of threads and comments complain (perhaps rightly), about software issues. However, I see no sound statistical evidence that they have more of a problem than any other manufacturer. You have to accept that this forum is one of the easiest places to complain and be heard, but the vast majority of people who do not have problems remain silent.

At the moment, for me, I would go for a DJI drone as first choice.

Restrictions, yes, well what about driving a vehicle, speed limits, age limits, weight limits, height limits, roadworthiness, right of ways, paperwork, licenses, fines, alcohol and drug limits, eyesight requirements; it is an endless list. Why? Because if there were no restrictions there would only be chaos, and thats not how most of us want to live.

I would like to think I am a responsible drone pilot, but I don’t even have 10% of my flights registered and synchronized with DJI, I use third party software to fly mostly. The p4p registered here is not my only DJI drone. I think its good to know when and where there are restrictions and to have the support to find out. But sure, I want to have my freedom within reason.

Like driving a car, who of us has never driven faster than allowed or parked in a forbidden place at least once? Even so, the vast majority of us are responsible drivers, even the French.

2017-11-13
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Labroides Posted at 2017-10-12 15:29
That sounds perfectly scientific.
Now I understand.
You have a problem with yours so no-one should buy any.

That goes both ways, right?
So if yours works, then everyone elses also works perfectly? ;)
2017-11-13
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I would buy Dji, but ONLY for the very reason, that there are no other competitors out there.
No one has the funds to take up the competiton with Dji, they will just throw out a new "pro" model everytime somebody attempts to, sadly.
Real competition is what this business needs, to revolutionize it...
2017-11-13
Use props
SunSetss
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

Hmmm... DJI is the benchmark for drones. Myself.. Mavic Pro...  because of range and flight time.
2017-11-13
Use props
Phill2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 354544 ft
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-11-13 10:43
why not use dji pilot app you can't be tracked . if your so worried about being tracked why do you keep syncing your flights?

I don't sync nor do I connect to the net or update.
Point being if I buy a new DJI it will have the latest firmware and I won't have the same option.
2017-11-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I'm thinking mavic
2017-11-22
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft