Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What happened to dont do this
1568 25 2017-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hellsgate
Captain
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

I noticed that the  dont do this thread has been removed .. why ?

I thought it was a good example of someone being really stupid and shows new pilots what NOT to do.
2017-10-11
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Weellll yeah...but ya can't have it both ways there bro
I think we pretty much told the poster that they were out of bounds and persona non grata sooo my guess is they deleted it...and I'd have to say I'd do the same if it were me.
Agree it was an example but ya know you don't have to stick your head up the south end of a steer to see how good the steaks are gonna be
2017-10-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-10-11 17:23
Weellll yeah...but ya can't have it both ways there bro
I think we pretty much told the poster that they were out of bounds and persona non grata sooo my guess is they deleted it...and I'd have to say I'd do the same if it were me.
Agree it was an example but ya know you don't have to stick your head up the south end of a steer to see how good the steaks are gonna be

'Ya know you don't have to stick your head up the south end of a steer to see how good the steaks are gonna be '

Nice turn of phrase.
2017-10-11
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-11 17:26
'Ya know you don't have to stick your head up the south end of a steer to see how good the steaks are gonna be '

Nice turn of phrase.

I'm here to please or entertain otherwise learn as I can't contribute much past that...
2017-10-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-10-11 17:34
I'm here to please or entertain otherwise learn as I can't contribute much past that...

Hah, you are doing pretty good so far. BTW, that would surely have to be a Texas saying..... WE have some similar gems here, but they often don't get understood overseas.
2017-10-11
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-11 18:36
Hah, you are doing pretty good so far. BTW, that would surely have to be a Texas saying..... WE have some similar gems here, but they often don't get understood overseas.

Ha Ha
Well I played a Texan once upon a time...but yeah I suppose it is...myself I'm a West 'By God" Virginian thank you very much!  ...I've moved around a lot so I'm more American than just a state owned boy.

Oh yes you guys do...I love hearing them, not just reading them but hearing you all say them, they are a hoot!  ...yeah, back in the day before the internet most of us here were left wondering what in the hell a vegemite sandwich was for that matter what was vegemite...I know now more or less, and I don't think I'd care for it.  I also like using the ole throw a shrimp on the barbie or burger, dog, whatever...
2017-10-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-10-11 19:50
Ha Ha
Well I played a Texan once upon a time...but yeah I suppose it is...myself I'm a West 'By God" Virginian thank you very much!  ...I've moved around a lot so I'm more American than just a state owned boy.

There are hundreds more. Like:

1. May all your chooks turn into Emus and kick your dunny down.
2. He's got a few Kangaroos loose in the top paddock.
3. Go stick your head up a dead bear's bum.
4. I am as dry as a dead dingo's donger.

I'll leave to you to try and figure them out, sing out if you need help. BTW, we don't 'throw a shrimp on the barbie', because in our culture, a shrimp is about an inch long and considered nothing more than an appetiser, normally eaten in dozens. The real ones, large, we call prawns. Which then raises another favourite saying:

5. Don't come the raw prawn with me.

And Vegemite is an acquired taste. Most of us prefer to spread it thinly on toast in the morning for breakfast. Any Yank I have fed it to (properly prepared) loved it on toast.

2017-10-11
Use props
Hellsgate
Captain
Australia

Yeah i agree vegimite is definatly an aquired taste.
Just dont let out any secrets about the drop bears ok.
2017-10-12
Use props
Hellsgate
Captain
Australia

They just dont like tourists
images.jpg
2017-10-12
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Haha,  Geebax does have a way with words.  He's a mess!
2017-10-12
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-11 20:01

Heading on a trip so I'll get back to ya on this
2017-10-12
Use props
MrRobert5823
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1385223 ft
United States

Hellsgate Posted at 2017-10-12 03:01
They just dont like tourists

I don't think I can go to bed now..... I won't ever sleep again! (refering to the Koala monster!)
2017-10-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-11 17:26

Nice turn of phrase.

Oh, so you haven't eaten a Rump Roast?

No, well what about Oxtail Soup?  Ha

You've already been there, and didn't take notice... Chuckles

RedHotPoker
2017-10-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

You can crash burn your drone, and video record it all, for us... Haha

Just kidding, but yes, all those rediculous uncalculated drones going bust in the night, that may never be recovered, why? Who needs a reminder? Got spare time? RTFM

RedHotPoker
2017-10-12
Use props
dayviduk
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Dont you mean Marmite
2017-10-12
Use props
Dockater
First Officer
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

That's right, the age-old war of the concentrated yeast extract spread. Marmite, a British favorite and Vegemite, an Australian staple, are very much an acquired taste.
2017-10-12
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Recipe:

Start with a screen of google, add a pinch of cache.  

Viola!
2017-10-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

No, I am talking about the original, not the pommy copy.
2017-10-12
Use props
Hellsgate
Captain
Australia

Vegimite is concidered as its own food group here in aus.
Nothing better than starting your day with vegimite on toast and a cup of coffee
2017-10-12
Use props
dayviduk
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-12 15:38
No, I am talking about the original, not the pommy copy.

I think not
2017-10-13
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
United States

1. I know what an Emus is, but I had to look up dunny...so it sounds like they are hoping bad on someone
2. Yes, they are a few sandwiches shy of a picnic
3. I'd say you really don't want to hear what they have to say cause they are being stupid...a dead bear's butt does not sound pleasant, even if it were alive
4. really really really really dry; knew what a dingo was, and figured what a donger was but looked it up nonetheless  

You all have way too many Ausie isms

Oh yeah and 5. don't shine me on...had to think on that one, seems like some twisted logic with it
2017-10-17
Use props
MrRobert5823
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1385223 ft
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-10-11 19:50
Ha Ha

One of my favorite books is "Enders  Shadow".  It's a companion to Enders Game (on DVD).  In the book the lead person, Bean, says "You don't have to eat the hole turd to know it's not a crab-cake".  Great line.
2017-10-17
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
United States

MrRobert5823 Posted at 2017-10-17 09:42
One of my favorite books is "Enders  Shadow".  It's a companion to Enders Game (on DVD).  In the book the lead person, Bean, says "You don't have to eat the hole turd to know it's not a crab-cake".  Great line.

Ah yeah sure, once you get past the visual
2017-10-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-10-17 09:20
1. I know what an Emus is, but I had to look up dunny...so it sounds like they are hoping bad on someone
2. Yes, they are a few sandwiches shy of a picnic
3. I'd say you really don't want to hear what they have to say cause they are being stupid...a dead bear's butt does not sound pleasant, even if it were alive

We didn't say all of them make sense. There are many, many more that I would not put up because they would be meaningless, and yeah, we have far too many of them.
2017-10-17
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Captain
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

And for geographical wise sayings, don't forget Best Coast and Least Coast.  ;)   (says this California boy)
2017-10-17
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-17 14:57
We didn't say all of them make sense. There are many, many more that I would not put up because they would be meaningless, and yeah, we have far too many of them.

Hey but it makes you guys special
2017-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules