Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal turns to the right after calibration
1934 22 2017-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AndyP.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

So I was having this issue where when I would Yaw my P4P+ to either the left or the right, it would continue to slowly trail off in that direction even though there was no stick imput. This is extremely annoying when trying to compose photos of the Dallas downtown skyline from very far away

The steps I took to address the issue was as follows:
          - Calibrated IMU
          - Calibrated Gimbal

Then after leaving it to idle on the ground while plugged into my computer with the DJI assistant 2 up for a good 30min, I restarted the aircraft.
It made its noises booting up, then the gimbal immediately went to the right as far as it could, I looked at the aircraft status on my controller and it would pulse "gimbal motor overload" which this is the first time i've had this problem. i tried pushing against the gimbal slightly (which I know is dumb) to see if it had just gotten confused but it would push back against my finger, 1sec pulse. I looked at the battery after trying to turn the aircraft off, but it froze, and wouldnt turn off after doing the sequence 2 times. The LED on the battery button was the only light that was blinking as if there was an error, which i suspect there was.
2017-10-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Just to verify, the gimbal clamp has been removed when you see the reminder of Gimbal Motor Overload, right? Has the reminder gone after restarting the aircraft?

Also, please upload a short video of the gimbal issue, I'd like to look into it.
2017-10-11
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-11 18:24
Just to verify, the gimbal clamp has been removed when you see the reminder of Gimbal Motor Overload, right? Has the reminder gone after restarting the aircraft?

Also, please upload a short video of the gimbal issue, I'd like to look into it.

"just to verify, the gimbal clamp has been removed" wow this makes me think how many people are just stupid for you to go straight to that. and yes it was removed, I'm not stupid.

also the issue stopped after I restarted it. and I just as of posting this turned my P4P+ on and the gimbal did some very abnormal and concerning movements on boot up.

the movements were as follows (perspective is from the direction the camera is facing):
          - went to the left slightly
          - then to the right slightly
          - then it kind of moved back and forth slowly
          - and now it is rested slightly off to the left

I crashed my P4P+ before (it waypointed itself into a light pole ~20-30ft off the ground and fell) the only damage it suffered from what I could tell at the time was the shell came unclipped in some places, and the leg right leg i believe it was snapped and broke the antenna. I also believed there was some damage to the gimbal, i think.
2017-10-11
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Captain
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

AndyP. Posted at 2017-10-11 20:37
"just to verify, the gimbal clamp has been removed" wow this makes me think how many people are just stupid for you to go straight to that. and yes it was removed, I'm not stupid.

also the issue stopped after I restarted it. and I just as of posting this turned my P4P+ on and the gimbal did some very abnormal and concerning movements on boot up.

Maybe you might have to send the drone in for repair and see, since after the crash it is causing gimbal problems
2017-10-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I‘m sorry to read the crash. The aircraft performance can not be ensured after the crash. I would recommend you to send it in for fully diagnosis and repair: http://www.dji.com/support
2017-10-11
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-11 23:54
I‘m sorry to read the crash. The aircraft performance can not be ensured after the crash. I would recommend you to send it in for fully diagnosis and repair: http://www.dji.com/support

the aircraft was sent in to be repaired and was paid for in full.
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

AndyP. Posted at 2017-10-12 13:58
the aircraft was sent in to be repaired and was paid for in full.

Noted with thanks! Could you tell us the case number? I'd like to follow up.
2017-10-12
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-12 19:29
Noted with thanks! Could you tell us the case number? I'd like to follow up.

i don't think i have the email anymore. i can give serial number of aircraft if that helps.
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

AndyP. Posted at 2017-10-13 13:16
i don't think i have the email anymore. i can give serial number of aircraft if that helps.

Hi Andy, it is the case number, it starts like CAS-XXXXX-XXXXX. You might receive it once you applied for an online repair.
2017-10-13
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-13 19:01
Hi Andy, it is the case number, it starts like CAS-XXXXX-XXXXX. You might receive it once you applied for an online repair.

like i said i dont have the email, unless there is an online web portal i can try.
2017-10-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

AndyP. Posted at 2017-10-14 15:04
like i said i dont have the email, unless there is an online web portal i can try.

Please PM me the aircraft serial number and your email address, I'll try to track the case.
2017-10-15
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-15 02:14
Please PM me the aircraft serial number and your email address, I'll try to track the case.

the PM system is not working, its throwing an error following the XML tree
2017-10-15
Use props
Danoldo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25791 ft
United States

That would do it.
2017-10-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

AndyP. Posted at 2017-10-15 11:38

I have PMed you. Please reply me directly if you have received it, thank you in advance!
2017-10-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

AndyP. Posted at 2017-10-15 11:38

I received your message in PM. Per the info you offered, the last repair is around June, 2017, and the unit has been repaired and returned at that time. I'm sorry that latest relevant info was not found, please double check and confirm.
2017-10-16
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-16 23:28
I received your message in PM. Per the info you offered, the last repair is around June, 2017, and the unit has been repaired and returned at that time. I'm sorry that latest relevant info was not found, please double check and confirm.

no that was correct, i was taling of a previous repair
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

AndyP. Posted at 2017-10-17 12:08
no that was correct, i was taling of a previous repair

Sorry, I'm confused. Per the previous case log, the drone has been returned since 16th June. So the drones was crashed again after last repair? If not, please upload a short video for better assistance.
2017-10-18
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-18 01:33
Sorry, I'm confused. Per the previous case log, the drone has been returned since 16th June. So the drones was crashed again after last repair? If not, please upload a short video for better assistance.

i haven't crashed the aircraft since the repair, I did get the gimbal problem on video after it bugged out during a flight. and I gotta say it's extremely weird I, it got stuck to the right after trying to access flight data files.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... E0/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... DA/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... VE/view?usp=sharing
2017-10-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

AndyP. Posted at 2017-10-24 14:48
i haven't crashed the aircraft since the repair, I did get the gimbal problem on video after it bugged out during a flight. and I gotta say it's extremely weird I, it got stuck to the right after trying to access flight data files.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzzbdh_sgKfuTDZ4TVdtVVRPNE0/view?usp=sharing

Just to verify, is the drone running with the latest firmware? If no, please update it to the latest version to see if it works, if it doesn't help, you might need to send the drone in and we will take care of it for you. Please apply an online repair case in this web: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.
2017-10-24
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-24 20:39
Just to verify, is the drone running with the latest firmware? If no, please update it to the latest version to see if it works, if it doesn't help, you might need to send the drone in and we will take care of it for you. Please apply an online repair case in this web: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.

yes it is running the latest firmware
2017-10-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

AndyP. Posted at 2017-10-25 14:40
yes it is running the latest firmware

Thanks for the feedback. Our engineers had checked the video and decided that might be a hardware issue. Please send it back for a diagnose. Thank you so much.
2017-10-25
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-25 19:14
Thanks for the feedback. Our engineers had checked the video and decided that might be a hardware issue. Please send it back for a diagnose. Thank you so much.

will this cost me?
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I'm not sure. The local team will offer you the corresponding solutions according to the damage assessment. For more details, please check here: http://www.dji.com/service/policy
2017-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules