Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flight Log Sync Fails at 3%
3480 37 2017-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chandavi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 252290 ft
United States

DJI GO app vs. 3.1.15(2803) Ipone 7+ ios vs 11.0Perhaps i'm missing something but if I delete the flight records from my Iphone (left swipe then hit little trash can) they are still on the DJI cloud correct?
From reading previous posts I should be able to get the records back on my phone by  using the cloud icon to "sync your flight records.
When I do, the process goes to 3% and then says complete but no records appear.  Am I correct to think the flight records should re-populate on my iphone?

2017-10-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I cannot say for sure, but the process of 'synching' usually tries to make sure the local copy is the same as the cloud copy. Therefore if it sees that you no longer have the copy on your phone, it would delete the copy in the cloud.
2017-10-11
Use props
chandavi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 252290 ft
United States

Yikes!  Was afraid of that.  Seems the "growth value" number has remained as well as the "flight distance" here on the forum.
2017-10-11
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-11 19:52
I cannot say for sure, but the process of 'synching' usually tries to make sure the local copy is the same as the cloud copy. Therefore if it sees that you no longer have the copy on your phone, it would delete the copy in the cloud.

Then what is the cloud for, other than a glorified verification mechanism.
2017-10-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Generally, all flight records need to be updated to the server successfully, then you can get them back by using the cloud icon.

You can check this tutorial video to sync the flight records.

2017-10-11
Use props
CanonMax
Captain
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Italy

And my sync-process worked PERFECTLY until September 28th... from then on syncing ALL records stops at 93%... 1 month and 6 months work OK, but that is of no use when you buy a new iPad and want to sync your history.
No I’m not a fool and do not want to made one either.....

Fly safe!

Max
2017-10-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

CanonMax Posted at 2017-10-20 11:58
And my sync-process worked PERFECTLY until September 28th... from then on syncing ALL records stops at 93%... 1 month and 6 months work OK, but that is of no use when you buy a new iPad and want to sync your history.
No I’m not a fool and do not want to made one either.....

Max, there will be cloud icon on if the flight records synced successfully, then you can login the same account on another mobile device to sync the history.
2017-10-21
Use props
CanonMax
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

I do hope that you do not think I am a fool... I know EXACTLY how everything works, but the problem is at the servers of DJI I am afraid...
Sync process  still stops at 93%
2017-10-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

CanonMax Posted at 2017-10-22 00:03
I do hope that you do not think I am a fool... I know EXACTLY how everything works, but the problem is at the servers of DJI I am afraid...
Sync process  still stops at 93%

Just to verify, all flight records can not be synced or only several flight records? Please kindly offer your DJI account and date/time of failed sync records, I'd like to look into the exact status.
2017-10-22
Use props
CanonMax
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-22 02:48
Just to verify, all flight records can not be synced or only several flight records? Please kindly offer your DJI account and date/time of failed sync records, I'd like to look into the exact status.

Well I canNOT sync ALL records since September 28th...
Account name of CanonMax (me) is MJM (Max) Verdoes and the email I use to log in is: mavs88@home.nl
I really hope you will be able to help.
Thank you again
2017-10-22
Use props
CanonMax
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

This is the RIGHT number of flights...
F9E89F4E-528F-44D1-A704-1D278B1C7CD9.png
2017-10-22
Use props
CanonMax
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

This is the number of flight I get when I sync ALL after deleting the local flight records on my other iPad
06212C94-4C4D-407F-9046-C59773FB3510.png
2017-10-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

CanonMax Posted at 2017-10-22 03:57
This is the number of flight I get when I sync ALL after deleting the local flight records on my other iPad

Received with thanks! According to the pictures, it seems that the flight records have been synced successfully as there are cloud icon of the right corner of each flight record.

As for the different flight distance, it is caused by some distance can not be recorded properly due to the weak GPS signal in certain flight records. It is only for reference. When click the flight records of DJI GO, the calculation might be more accurate as all data will be reviewed again to check whether it is in the same cluster.

2017-10-24
Use props
CanonMax
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-24 03:20
Received with thanks! According to the pictures, it seems that the flight records have been synced successfully as there are cloud icon of the right corner of each flight record.

As for the different flight distance, it is caused by some distance can not be recorded properly due to the weak GPS signal in certain flight records. It is only for reference. When click the flight records of DJI GO, the calculation might be more accurate as all data will be reviewed again to check whether it is in the same cluster.

Thank you for the answer.

This does NOT explain why I have LOST the info of more than 70 flights,...

I am loyal to DJI and I wish they are loyal to their customers...

thank you... let your engineers have a look, please, what happened to my flights... the number should be the SAME when I sync on another iPad... but this is NOT true...
2017-10-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

CanonMax Posted at 2017-10-24 06:53

Noted with thanks! I'll forward to our engineers for double check.
2017-10-27
Use props
AidanKless
lvl.3
Hong Kong

I checked ur records on server. Actually It has 269 items.
Did u select sync All records when syncing?(1month, 6 months, all)
2017-11-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

CanonMax Posted at 2017-10-24 06:53

16# is the reply from our engineers, please confirm.
2017-11-3
Use props
CanonMax
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

AidanKless Posted at 2017-11-2 20:21
I checked ur records on server. Actually It has 269 items.
Did u select sync All records when syncing?(1month, 6 months, all)

Yes, that number is CORRECT... but on one iPad I had to re-install (using same account of course) and ONLY 194 flight records came back on that iPad.... using DJI GO 4 V 4.1.16

Of course I synced using the option ALL, but it keeps stopping at 93%....
I can check that on my other iPad and I still have the flight records on the DJI GO (V. 3.1.22) which I used for Phantom 3 Pro and Phantom 4 and now for my OSMO+)... how nice would it be when you would help me further...

thank you
Max
2017-11-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

CanonMax Posted at 2017-11-4 12:56
Yes, that number is CORRECT... but on one iPad I had to re-install (using same account of course) and ONLY 194 flight records came back on that iPad.... using DJI GO 4 V 4.1.16

Max, thanks for getting back to us. This has been forwarded to our engineer for further review.
2017-11-10
Use props
AidanKless
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Hi we checked the server log and it looks all right. u can export ur sync log at DJI Go4 path documents/Tmp/DJISyncxxx.txt to see the details
2017-11-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

CanonMax Posted at 2017-11-4 12:56

Just a reminder, 20# is the reply from our engineers.
2017-11-19
Use props
CanonMax
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

AidanKless Posted at 2017-11-17 03:06
Hi we checked the server log and it looks all right. u can export ur sync log at DJI Go4 path documents/Tmp/DJISyncxxx.txt to see the details

I see MANY errors... it still is NOT possible to sync.... I only get 194 flight records back of 267...
On ALL Apple iPads (I have 2) AND on my iPhone 7 (I only have 1).
I checked using my VERY GOOD and QUICK WiFi and I also tried 2 different WiFi systems of friend AND I tried to synch using my (also very STABLE and QUICK) DATA connection directly from my phone. 4G... stable... quick download. On ALL these iPads and iPhone with ALL various connections the sync-process stops at 93%
I really think you could help me more...
Thank you,

Max
2017-11-20
Use props
CanonMax
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

AidanKless Posted at 2017-11-17 03:06

Interesting... this is a screenshot from this thread... the screenshot is from a INSTRUCTION VIDEO from DJI itself... (you can find it in this thread) and it is EXACTLY what I get on my Apple products when syncing Flightrecords... of my 267 flights I get 194 back... "SYNC FAILED. RETRY" which I of course did around 80 times... NO CHANGE...
You know about my problem... you answered... I have send my account info... but nothing changed yet...
Would you please have another look into my problem? See my other posts... thank you so much!
Sync fails EVERY time and KEEPS FAILING at around 93-94%

Kindest regards,

Max
2017-11-29
Use props
15matjan
Captain
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Finland

I have the same synching problems on my P4P+ which this week does not sync any of my last 7 flights.
My synching configuration is SYNC ALL and it stops randomly at 30%, 64%, etc. finally it arrives to 100% but I got a pop up window indicating the Sync has failed.
I have the latest firmwares installed.
The internet connection is very good and seamless
I find also strange on my user info on the forum page, my location SPAIN has changed to FINLAND where I'm actually travelling for one week. Whitout making any change on my profile data...Is the first time this happens, I was connecting previously from other countries but always kept my original location.
Also the RC+ installed DJI Go4 app is marking "Loading map" for the last flights logs I can not sync, despite of having installed even the off-line map of the same country (Finland) from the native Go4 app.
If I try to see these flights on my RC (not the video recording but the AC flight path and all the recorded telemetry), first it pop-us a map of a city in Germany and then when I push play button it shows me the correct map of the place I flown by.

I'm affraid to use a shorter Sync range (one month, etc) because I'm not sure if doing so it still keeps ON THE CLOUD the other, older flight records.
Also I noticed on the left side of the screen where the experience points, total flight time, travel distance, etc appears, a new window was created duplicating a single flight record. Noe I have two pages with some flight resumes of the same aircraft ...!!!
The second page includes only one of the several flight logs of this last trip I'm on in Finland and I can not sync.

2017-12-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

CanonMax Posted at 2017-11-29 02:15
[view_image]

Interesting... this is a screenshot from this thread... the screenshot is from a INSTRUCTION VIDEO from DJI itself... (you can find it in this thread) and it is EXACTLY what I get on my Apple products when syncing Flightrecords... of my 267 flights I get 194 back... "SYNC FAILED. RETRY" which I of course did around 80 times... NO CHANGE...

Hi Max, we are sorry for not covering your reply. Could you please provide the sync log that our engineer asked on 20#? Besides, is it possible for you to export the records that are not synced to your other device? I will ask the engineers to check again. Here's the route for exporting the records: for iOS devices, connect the device to the computer, launch the iTunes, find the flight records in the DJI GO app, and copy the FlightRecord folder to the computer.
Really appreciate your help.
2017-12-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

15matjan Posted at 2017-12-15 14:14
I have the same synching problems on my P4P+ which this week does not sync any of my last 7 flights.
My synching configuration is SYNC ALL and it stops randomly at 30%, 64%, etc. finally it arrives to 100% but I got a pop up window indicating the Sync has failed.
I have the latest firmwares installed.

Hi sir, for the sync question, could you please help to confirm if the records all have little cloud behind? If they do not have, please try to use another network to try, or could you please provide me with your DJI account and export the records that are not synced? I  will forward to our engineers to check. Below's the route.
For the location on the forum, it depends on the IP of your last reply, if you are travelling Finland now, then it is normal.
For the map loading, it might because the geocoder does not answer every request in the same way. Instead, the first requests from a certain device are answered quickly, but if the device has sent say 100 requests or more, the answers arrive slower and slower or requests are not answered at all, which might cause MapLoading for a couple of days.
DJI GO starts to request those MapLoading record when launching or clicking on the record so that some records will show the place name after a few days.
But noted that Maploading with not be recovered if the takeoff position has no or weak GPS signal.
And for the city of the flight path, it is because the map needs to initiate, so when you start the record, it will show the right location. No worries.
For the record, we recommend syncing all.
For the resume page, the first page is the total of your data. The second, third or more will be the respective drone that you own. So they are not the same.
Below's the flight record file route:
For Android devices, connect the device to the computer, find the flight records stored in …/sdcard/DJI/dji.go.v4/FlightRecord/SyncResult, and copy the required flight records to the computer.
Thank you for your help.
2017-12-15
Use props
CanonMax
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-15 18:57
Hi Max, we are sorry for not covering your reply. Could you please provide the sync log that our engineer asked on20#? Besides, is it possible for you to export the records that are not synced to your other device? I will ask the engineers to check again. Here's the route for exporting the records: for iOS devices, connect the device to the computer, launch the iTunes, find the flight records in the DJI GO app, and copy the FlightRecord folder to the computer.
Really appreciate your help.

I can do that and already did this.... but how can I get this folder to you?
2017-12-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

CanonMax Posted at 2017-12-18 06:23
I can do that and already did this.... but how can I get this folder to you?

Hi sir, could you please upload the files to Dropbox so I can download them? Thank you for your work!
2017-12-18
Use props
CanonMax
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-18 20:24
Hi sir, could you please upload the files to Dropbox so I can download them? Thank you for your work!

OK I did this... there are TWO Folders with Flightlogs and Flightrecords.
DJI GO - with Flightlogs and ALL 267 Flightrecords
DGJI GO 4 - with Flightlogs and ONLY 194 Flightrecords

Both will NOT sync completely...

What do you need to know to download these folders/records ?

2017-12-20 09.47.01.jpg
2017-12-20 09.46.00.jpg
2017-12-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

CanonMax Posted at 2017-12-20 00:44
OK I did this... there are TWO Folders with Flightlogs and Flightrecords.
DJI GO - with Flightlogs and ALL 267 Flightrecords
DGJI GO 4 - with Flightlogs and ONLY 194 Flightrecords

Max, I just got the latest message from our engineers that they has optimized the issue, please try to sync the flight records later. Appreciate your feedback.
2017-12-21
Use props
CanonMax
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-21 22:22
Max, I just got the latest message from our engineers that they has optimized the issue, please try to sync the flight records later. Appreciate your feedback.

Well, DJI Susan....
I am afraid is is NOT working... I just tried. The sync-process stops at 93%.
I've sent DJI Thor all my flightrecords (the RIGHT ones) which he can download from DROPBOX...
Mayube that helps.
It is a very very BIG pity that you do not have your servers under control in such a way that this can happen...
I look forward to a FIX of this!
Merry Christmas

2017-12-22 09.20.36.jpg
2017-12-22 09.20.36.jpg
2017-12-22
Use props
CanonMax
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-21 22:22

DJI Susan... I just tried again... it is NOT working...
and you know I have a VERY STEADY internetconnection with a download of 250 mb/s and upload of 50mb/s....

sync in DJO GO stops at 92%
sync in DJI GO 4 stops at 93% (only 197 of 267 flights)

I am waiting fo a fix since Sept. 2017.....

2017-12-22
Use props
15matjan
Captain
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-15 19:23
Hi sir, for the sync question, could you please help to confirm if the records all have little cloud behind? If they do not have, please try to use another network to try, or could you please provide me with your DJI account and export the records that are not synced? I  will forward to our engineers to check. Below's the route.
For the location on the forum, it depends on the IP of your last reply, if you are travelling Finland now, then it is normal.
For the map loading, it might because the geocoder does not answer every request in the same way. Instead, the first requests from a certain device are answered quickly, but if the device has sent say 100 requests or more, the answers arrive slower and slower or requests are not answered at all, which might cause MapLoading for a couple of days.

Hi sir, for the sync question, could you please help to confirm if the records all have little cloud behind? If they do not have, please try to use another network to try, or could you please provide me with your DJI account and export the records that are not synced? I  will forward to our engineers to check.
Finally I managed to sync all the flights when back home.
Below's the route.
DJI GO starts to request those MapLoading record when launching or clicking on the record so that some records will show the place name after a few days.
But noted that Maploading with not be recovered if the takeoff position has no or weak GPS signal.
I had good GPs signal always. After syncing I managed to have the RC+ showing the map position for 2 of the 17 videos with "map loading" issues.
At a certain point system prompted NETWORK UNAIVAILABE, it was yours, because, mine was OK and, I lost the map position of the 2 videos I managed to have "map loaded" before...At home I have a 500 Mbps connection, what should be done to manage change from "Map loading" to map position ?
The result seems to be also not having updated my flights on my forum's page&profile despite of having then already synced...
And for the city of the flight path, it is because the map needs to initiate, so when you start the record, it will show the right location. No worries.
For the record, we recommend syncing all.
For the resume page, the first page is the total of your data. The second, third or more will be the respective drone that you own. So they are not the same.
I knew that. But I have a first total page, then a resume page of the P3A I previously owned and flown, a resume page of the P4P+ I currently own and another resume page of the same P4P+ I own with only one flight which appears on the total page but it does not appear on the 3rd page (with all the other flights of P4P+). Which is strange and annoing as I do not need to generate randomly pages for any of the flights flown with the same AC.The GPS signal during those flights was always good.
Below's the flight record file route:
For Android devices, connect the device to the computer, find the flight records stored in …/sdcard/DJI/dji.go.v4/FlightRecord/SyncResult, and copy the required flight records to the computer.
Mine is a P4P+ with built in screen.
Thanks

Thank you for your help.
2017-12-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

CanonMax Posted at 2017-12-22 04:44
DJI Susan... I just tried again... it is NOT working...
and you know I have a VERY STEADY internetconnection with a download of 250 mb/s and upload of 50mb/s....

Well noted. I'll transfer to our engineers and keep working on this.
2017-12-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

15matjan Posted at 2017-12-22 23:44
Hi sir, for the sync question, could you please help to confirm if the records all have little cloud behind? If they do not have, please try to use another network to try, or could you please provide me with your DJI account and export the records that are not synced? I  will forward to our engineers to check.
Finally I managed to sync all the flights when back home.
Below's the route.

For the map loading issue, you are sure that the place you were flying had a great GPS signal, and you had been waiting so long for it to change back, right? If so, please let me know.
And for the second issue that you mentioned, would you mind providing me with some screenshots of it, as well as your DJI email account. I would have our engineers to help.
For the P4P+ RC, please kindly connect your RC to the PC, enable USB connection on the RC, then refer to the route below:
\DJI\dji.pilot.pad\FlightRecord\SyncResult
Thank you so much for keeping us updated.
2017-12-25
Use props
15matjan
Captain
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-25 00:25
For the map loading issue, you are sure that the place you were flying had a great GPS signal, and you had been waiting so long for it to change back, right? If so, please let me know.
And for the second issue that you mentioned, would you mind providing me with some screenshots of it, as well as your DJI email account. I would have our engineers to help.
For the P4P+ RC, please kindly connect your RC to the PC, enable USB connection on the RC, then refer to the route below:

Dear DJI Thor, I sent you a PM with my e-mail address as requested.
As for the map loading failure, please find below a video where you'll see the GPS signal was strong enough (minimum 14 up to 20 satellites, I took off always after green GPs prompt of good satellite signal and Home position recorded.

At the same time I let the RC+ connected and powerred on for hours and hours at home with good WIFI signal but it still does not update/load the maps. Today I even noticed that the map it was initially loading when, on the RC+, I was accesing and playing the recorded flight path (I recall was of Berlin, Germany), has now been changed for a Chinese map and Chinese characters. The correct area I was flying was that of Finland, with off-line downloaded maps on the RC+ , very good GPS signal and on the flight path play mode showing the correct GPS coordinates.But unable to load the correct map on the resume page.
As for the second issue, of having duplicated windows on the resume pages, as I'd have two P4P+ which is not hte case, please find below the required screenshots:

2017-12-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

15matjan Posted at 2017-12-26 02:55
Dear DJI Thor, I sent you a PM with my e-mail address as requested.
As for the map loading failure, please find below a video where you'll see the GPS signal was strong enough (minimum 14 up to 20 satellites, I took off always after green GPs prompt of good satellite signal and Home position recorded.
Map loading failure

It might because of the map initiating failure when startup. Our engineers were aware of it.
And for the new resume of the same drone, our engineers have also noticed it, thank you for bringing us the attention and your feedback.
2017-12-27
Use props
15matjan
Captain
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-27 02:07
It might because of the map initiating failure when startup. Our engineers were aware of it.
And for the new resume of the same drone, our engineers have also noticed it, thank you for bringing us the attention and your feedback.

Thanks for the reply.
I was unable to learn from it if this means I'll have a fix or, as you answerred to me on another topic, the improvements will be for buyers of further models, us being the Guinea pigs to experiment on.
Hope someone there could understand  we are clients. And work also to really fix the issues P4P+ still has. Seems not to be on your engineer's working list (I'd call them ... priorities)
2017-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules