Spark battery shows cell voltage error, and cannot take off
13674 45 2017-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Psyches
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19285 ft
United States

Does anyone here have experience with DJI repair trace?  So, DJI support created a case and gave me a UPS label, and I mailed the battery.  UPS shows it arrived and was signed for at DJI over 36 hours ago but it still isn't marked as "checked-in".  Is that unusual?
2017-12-27
Use props
Psyches
lvl.2
United States

Psyches Posted at 2017-12-27 22:55
Does anyone here have experience with DJI repair trace?  So, DJI support created a case and gave me a UPS label, and I mailed the battery.  UPS shows it arrived and was signed for at DJI over 36 hours ago but it still isn't marked as "checked-in".  Is that unusual?

Nevermind, got the check-in email this morning. Yay.
2017-12-28
Use props
Dunes09
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41736 ft
United States

I am having a similar issue with a battery I purchased from Amazon. It looked legit and worked fine upon first use. Last night I put in used it in the AC but it was giving me the same error, battery cell voltage. I read through this post and started to discharge my battery. As I was doing it, I noticed one cell was being discharged faster than the other two. I didn't get it to go into hibernate mode.

I went to the DJI support site and was going to start a repair request, but when I type in the serial number of the battery, it says that it cannot be found. I guess I'll have to contact support after the holiday. Is there any way to tell if the battery is legit?

Here is a screen shot of the battery voltage while I was discharging it.

edit: I did throw it on the charger after I got the error to bring it back up to 100%. I put it back in the AC and the error was gone, but the differences in cell levels while discharging is pretty discouraging.
2017-12-30
Use props
Psyches
lvl.2
United States

I can't help you with battery SN validity - maybe someone else here can...but it looks valid to me.

I assume you've updated the firmware in the battery, or at least checked that it is current?  If the error went away after a charge, you may be fine.  You may already know this, and I'm a newbie myself but I suggest reading up on battery management, several times.  Like, after a charge, let the battery cool some before use.  After use, let the battery cool some before charging.  Wait to charge until just before you want to fly, rather than charging to full early with no near-term plans to fly.  These are all things I've learned in the last few weeks.
2017-12-30
Use props
Dunes09
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41736 ft
United States

Well after discharging the battery and charging fully, all 3 cells have a consistent voltage within .02v of each other. Maybe it just needed a good discharge and recharge to level it out.
2017-12-30
Use props
Psyches
lvl.2
United States

Dunes09 Posted at 2017-12-30 18:19
Well after discharging the battery and charging fully, all 3 cells have a consistent voltage within .02v of each other. Maybe it just needed a good discharge and recharge to level it out.

Good to know!  That didn't happen with me, I had to send the battery back.  It's good to know that sometimes things go back to normal.
2017-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules