No Update for long for P4P
996 15 2017-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jilesh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 207339 ft
India

From long there have been no update for P4P. While spark and mavic are getting more updates and better features than phantom. P4P have btter cam then why dont we get shallow mode and such other modes which are available. Hope DJI provides good and faster updates with better features than other lineup
2017-10-11
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

Sometimes, updates may produce problems ...
2017-10-11
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

kykphantom Posted at 2017-10-11 21:16
Sometimes, updates may produce problems ...

That is not an excuse for DJIs horrible handling with stability issues. I regret investing in my P4P+ because I feel like I'm stuck with a $1,800+ piece of hardware that I know is capable of SO MUCH, but DJI has been neglecting the constant issues that the Phantom 4 series has, and the other platforms.

I mean seriously DJI, you develop an in house platform for your app built right into the controller and its not even stable. IT SHOULD BE THE MOST STABLE OF THEM ALL SINCE DJI DEVELOPED IT AND HAS FULL CONTROL OF THE PLATFORM, BUT NO!
2017-10-11
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

I know right, it's like DJI is neglecting the Phantom series...
2017-10-11
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

AndyP. Posted at 2017-10-11 21:56
I know right, it's like DJI is neglecting the Phantom series...

I agree, every other platform is getting some type of update and not the P4P? Why though? I am curious
2017-10-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I‘m sorry for the inconvenience. We do care the Phantom lineup. Actually, we have released one P4 RC update, and twice P4P+ RC update recently.

Just to verify, what's the main issue of your P4P? Be more specific of this, and I'd like to help.
2017-10-11
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

AndyP. Posted at 2017-10-11 21:55
That is not an excuse for DJIs horrible handling with stability issues. I regret investing in my P4P+ because I feel like I'm stuck with a $1,800+ piece of hardware that I know is capable of SO MUCH, but DJI has been neglecting the constant issues that the Phantom 4 series has, and the other platforms.

I mean seriously DJI, you develop an in house platform for your app built right into the controller and its not even stable. IT SHOULD BE THE MOST STABLE OF THEM ALL SINCE DJI DEVELOPED IT AND HAS FULL CONTROL OF THE PLATFORM, BUT NO!

Us Crystal Sky owners are experiencing the same thing, dedicated App/ video platform created by DJI without the features allowed to IOS / Android device users.
2017-10-12
Use props
hdlou94
lvl.4
Flight distance : 753163 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-11 22:46
I‘m sorry for the inconvenience. We do care the Phantom lineup. Actually, we have released one P4 RC update and twice P4P+ RC update recently.

Just to verify, what's the main issue of your P4P? Be more specific of this, and I'd like to help.

Susan. this is the same stuff that has been going on for a half a year, i have asked over and over and i still have loss of signal and drone disconnection. I send in my info and i get no where, DJI needs to be more responsive to there P4P costumer that have spent a lot of money..,
2017-10-12
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I‘m sorry for the inconvenience. We do care the Phantom lineup. Actually, we have released one P4 RC update and twice P4P+ RC update recently.

Can you please tell me shich version is the most actual for the romote control for the "normal" Phantom 4 Pro? Please. I have NOT had any updates since September... only for the safe flying zones...

Thank you,

Max
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

QuadKid Posted at 2017-10-12 00:26
Us Crystal Sky owners are experiencing the same thing, dedicated App/ video platform created by DJI without the features allowed to IOS / Android device users.

The APP of CrystalSky has been optimized and not synchronize with Android/iOS version. We will release on our website as soon as there is any update.
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

hdlou94 Posted at 2017-10-12 00:49
Susan. this is the same stuff that has been going on for a half a year, i have asked over and over and i still have loss of signal and drone disconnection. I send in my info and i get no where, DJI needs to be more responsive to there P4P costumer that have spent a lot of money..,

Per the previous post, it seems that you didn't mention that the issue remains as we didn't receive the further feedback.

Anyway, double confirm: Does the issue appear in every flight? Have you tried my previous suggestions to adjust the antenna during the flight?

Alternatively, you can switch between 2.4 Ghz and 5.8 GHz to see whether there is any difference.
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

CanonMax Posted at 2017-10-12 04:56
Can you please tell me shich version is the most actual for the romote control for the "normal" Phantom 4 Pro? Please. I have NOT had any updates since September... only for the safe flying zones...

Thank you,

The update is for the P4P+ with build-in screen. You will get the update via connecting with WiFi.
2017-10-13
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

I‘m sorry for the inconvenience. We do care the Phantom lineup. Actually, we have released one P4 RC update, and twice P4P+ RC update recently.

P4A ???   

Regards Leif.
2017-10-13
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

"and twice P4P+ RC update recently."

Can you please list what was changed/improved/removed in those updates or link to the release notes listing this?

Edit: it does not help much updating the RC when the craft itself has a lot of issues need to be fixed.
2017-10-14
Use props
hdlou94
lvl.4
Flight distance : 753163 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-13 01:20
Per the previous post, it seems that you didn't mention that the issue remains as we didn't receive the further feedback.

Anyway, double confirm: Does the issue appear in every flight? Have you tried my previous suggestions to adjust the antenna during the flight?

Yes and yes to everything you suggested,, the antennas are at the correct position, the problem is on ever flight since the last upgrade, I am getting so discourage,
2017-10-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

hdlou94 Posted at 2017-10-14 03:19
Yes and yes to everything you suggested,, the antennas are at the correct position, the problem is on ever flight since the last upgrade, I am getting so discourage,

Please try to switch between 2.4 Ghz and 5.8 Ghz to see whether there is any difference. If no helps, please send it in for fully diagnosis: http://www.dji.com/support
2017-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules