Just updating now will post result.
2017-10-12
Use props
VFARYAN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1461611 ft
United Kingdom

beta v02.00.0600

Just updating my p4 now will report back on issues with flight stability.
2017-10-12
Use props
BSilverthorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95144 ft
United States

Well anxious to see what you find here, was just in another forum where a user was swearing there was no firmware issue.Would love to get off the old version and start using the DJI app etc... Anxiously awaiting P4 2016 Flier ;-).
2017-10-12
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1000272 ft
United States

I ran the newest Beta yesterday and flew for about 15 minutes. I'm happy to say that the erratic flying qualities it had are completely gone. Mine had it bad too. My forward sensors would mistakingly see an object; even at altitude and would come to a sudden stop. Once I neutralized the controls and proceeded forward again, all was good but every time I went into a hover and would go forward again, I would have to repeat that procedure. I probably just need to calibrate the sensors which I didn’t do this time. I’m happy so far.
2017-10-12
Use props
BSilverthorn
lvl.3
United States

Great, hopefully that issue would be fixed to by release if it is something. Tired of doing work arounds, I often just get the P2 out anymore so I can just turn it on and fly without tons of steps to walk thru atm.
2017-10-12
Use props
Weeman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2186506 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I also updated to the beta v02.00.0600 today and took her for a test flight , 1st impressions are everything seem a lot more stable .
I also noted when taking photos the screen didn`t go blank and it seemed to write to card a lot faster even though I was using the same SD card I have always used.
I have my PFCO test tomorrow so lets hope it stays stable for that !
2017-10-12
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Perfect, I want to test that new beta :-). Please, DJI Administrators, my account: vendex@botevgrad.com
2017-10-12
Use props
F.KOK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

I had the same experience as Punchbuggy although I did all the calibrations. The Beta firmware update .600 went without issues. BUT
1. When flying into the wind the Drone behaves erratic, but not when flying with the wind.
2. When flying sideways it flies steady.
3. When flying with Obstacle Avoidance Disabled  in P mode the Drones speed is like in Atti mode.
There are already videos and logs in another thread sent to DJI that illustrate this behavior.
After the update the Drone definitely flies smoother but is not fix totally.
There have to be Drones at DJI that behave the same.
I will refresh the firmware and do everything over again to see if it solved the erratic behavior.
DJI why is the Drone flying steady sideways but not forwards and backwards.
Just want to add, all are updated to latest versions. AC, RC and Apps.
2017-10-12
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

F.KOK Posted at 2017-10-12 11:24
I had the same experience as Punchbuggy although I did all the calibrations. The Beta firmware update .600 went without issues. BUT
1. When flying into the wind the Drone behaves erratic, but not when flying with the wind.
2. When flying sideways it flies steady.

And for the record, here was the result of my test reported in another post:

I have just installed Beta 2.000.600 on my P4, RC wanted to update to 1.9.3, and my GO app is iOS 4.1.12.

I did a VPS calibration after successfull update, followed by a gimbal calibration.

Result: there was a breeze, but that was no excuse for how the craft bucked around during a hover about 3m from the ground. I have not seen the P4 as unstable in a hover as that (even with the latest Prod release) - minor jerks, with the occasional sideways jump. I had it hover at 1m, 2m, and 3m with the same instability evident. I was not game to fly it away further, so didn't test the 4K recording.

From my perspective, the firmware was a fail. I'll try to reset to defaults and do a refresh, and then do a second test this weekend. Perhaps yesterday was just due to solar flares or a black cat walking in front of me...
2017-10-12
Use props
BSilverthorn
lvl.3
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-10-12 13:11

I have just installed Beta 2.000.600 on my P4, RC wanted to update to 1.9.3, and my GO app is iOS 4.1.12.

I give!
2017-10-12
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Don't yet. Others have reported success with .0600. As mentioned, I'll reset back to factory defaults and try a refresh on the weekend and see if that makes a difference.
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Vendex Posted at 2017-10-12 10:59
Perfect, I want to test that new beta :-). Please, DJI Administrators, my account:

Well received. I will forward to the designated team to add you in. Please update when you received it.
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-10-12 13:11

Punchbuggy, I have replied you in this post: https://forum.dji.com/thread-103711-39-1.html #1532. We will appreciate if you can send the flight logs and videos for analysis.
2017-10-12
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-12 19:22
Punchbuggy, I have replied you in this post: https://forum.dji.com/thread-103711-39-1.html #1532. We will appreciate if you can send the flight logs and videos for analysis.

Thanks DJI Susan - I noted the reply in the other thread, but I'm viewing this thread as better to retain all tester's experience. I will refresh the beta firmware before trying again on the weekend (tomorrow). If I have the same experience I'll send logs for that flight.
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-10-12 19:51
Thanks DJI Susan - I noted the reply in the other thread, but I'm viewing this thread as better to retain all tester's experience. I will refresh the beta firmware before trying again on the weekend (tomorrow). If I have the same experience I'll send logs for that flight.

Noted with thanks! Please keep us posted of the latest progress.
2017-10-12
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I'm excited! For the first two flights I can say very smooth and precise control, very good communication between drone and remote controller and no fake movements when flying and when going down at maximum. I'll keep flying and testing but I see, very good job DJI! Keep up the good work and thanks very much for the support!
2017-10-13
Use props
echopiece
lvl.3
Flight distance : 225266 ft
United States

Vendex Posted at 2017-10-13 08:59
I'm excited! For the first two flights I can say very smooth and precise control, very good communication between drone and remote controller and no fake movements when flying and when going down at maximum. I'll keep flying and testing but I see, very good job DJI! Keep up the good work and thanks very much for the support!

That's great news! I am waiting for the BETA version from DJI Susan.  Once I get it, I will implement and report back as to how my experience went with my P4.
2017-10-13
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Bulgaria

No more black parts of the screen while taking photos yes. The drone fly's just perfectly, I don't want to describe it so fast but I see many things fixed in this new beta firmware and I will fly with it. I see some 'Basic fly safe' database and some other new things
2017-10-13
Use props
KeesJ
lvl.2

Netherlands

Can I please get a beta version too, if the final release is still some time away? My DJI account is keesjalink@gmail.com.

Thanks, Kees Jalink
2017-11-6
Use props
KeesJ
lvl.2

Netherlands

KeesJ Posted at 2017-11-6 07:07
Can I please get a beta version too, if the final release is still some time away? My DJI account is .

Thanks, Kees Jalink

Hi. I am obviously doing something wrong because I do not get responses to my email. Can someone please point me in the direction of some guidelines so that I can use the form properly? Please email me directly at keesjalink@gmail.com.

I have not been able to do ANYthing with my P4 because of the firmware for over a month now, and want to get it flying again.

Thanks very much
2017-11-7
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

KeesJ Posted at 2017-11-7 11:24
Hi. I am obviously doing something wrong because I do not get responses to my email. Can someone please point me in the direction of some guidelines so that I can use the form properly? Please email me directly at .

I have not been able to do ANYthing with my P4 because of the firmware for over a month now, and want to get it flying again.

Kees, you'll have better luck getting DJI Susan or Diana's attention if you Personal Message (PM) them directly or reply to one of their posts. That way they'll get an alert. There's too many threads here for them to see Every post.
2017-11-7
Use props
jdegbert
lvl.1
United States

I would love to be added to the Beta. I haven't been able to fly my P4 lately due to firmware issues. Thanks!
2017-11-7
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

jdegbert Posted at 2017-11-7 19:02
I would love to be added to the Beta. I haven't been able to fly my P4 lately due to firmware issues. Thanks!

See post #21 above yours.
2017-11-7
Use props
KeesJ
lvl.2

Netherlands

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-11-7 13:54
Kees, you'll have better luck getting DJI Susan or Diana's attention if you Personal Message (PM) them directly or reply to one of their posts. That way they'll get an alert. There's too many threads here for them to see Every post.

Thanks Punchbuggy. Kees
2017-11-7
Use props
KeesJ
lvl.2

Netherlands

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-11-7 13:54

Punchbuggy, very sorry for taking this forum for this question, but: how do I PM an admin? I would think: select one of their messages and then press the Personal Message button?  However, that button brings up a popup form that I cannot type in any text. The button itself is not blue, just a thin blue line, does that mean anything? Again, thanks for your help. (Looked in the Forum rules but cannot find it there). Kees
2017-11-7
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

KeesJ Posted at 2017-11-7 23:20
Punchbuggy, very sorry for taking this forum for this question, but: how do I PM an admin? I would think: select one of their messages and then press the Personal Message button?  However, that button brings up a popup form that I cannot type in any text. The button itself is not blue, just a thin blue line, does that mean anything? Again, thanks for your help. (Looked in the Forum rules but cannot find it there). Kees

Kees, you were doing it correctly, but it is confusing where to type. The pop-up screen has two parts - the top showing your conversation, with the bottom being where you type your one line message. Below the bottom line you'll see what looks like at face on the right side, and that's the section where you type. When you're done you just press <Enter>, and when sent that message should then appear in the top section.
2017-11-8
Use props
KeesJ
lvl.2

Netherlands

Vendex Posted at 2017-10-13 09:31
No more black parts of the screen while taking photos yes. The drone fly's just perfectly, I don't want to describe it so fast but I see many things fixed in this new beta firmware and I will fly with it. I see some 'Basic fly safe' database and some other new things

Vendex and others,

after asking for the 0600 firmware bugfix, how long after the reply of Susan did it take before the firmware was available? She acknowledged by request 4 days ago, and I do not want to put to much pressure on her. But  the firmware should become visible in Assistant 2, right?

Thanks.  Kees
2017-11-12
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

KeesJ Posted at 2017-11-12 14:30
Vendex and others,

after asking for the 0600 firmware bugfix, how long after the reply of Susan did it take before the firmware was available? She acknowledged by request 4 days ago, and I do not want to put to much pressure on her. But  the firmware should become visible in Assistant 2, right?

Correct, but you have to be logged into your account (and you could try logging out and back in if you already are), and it sometimes helps if you refresh the list of firmware available (there's a little button at top right of the list).
2017-11-12
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Bulgaria

KeesJ Posted at 2017-11-12 14:30
Vendex and others,

Hello Kees, in my case it takes 1 day and I installed it immediately, but that was at the beginning, one day after the current latest beta (600) becomes and yes it's good to re-enter (logout/login again) DJI Assistant 2 registration
2017-11-12
Use props
KeesJ
lvl.2

Netherlands

Vendex Posted at 2017-11-12 16:39
Hello Kees, in my case it takes 1 day and I installed it immediately, but that was at the beginning, one day after the current latest beta (600) becomes and yes it's good to re-enter (logout/login again) DJI Assistant 2 registration

I got it! Just installing right now.
Thanks for all the answers, this forum works!
Kees
2017-11-13
Use props
Fontinalis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 975367 ft
United States

Is there a document that lists the fixes and new features, if any? I have experienced some issues that thus far have been inconveniences, but some of these could be bad news under the wrong circumstances. If specific items have been addressed and documented, I might be willing to take the risk of using beta firmware. I would suspect that many, if not most, of the beta users have more than one AC and use the beta on only one of these.
2017-11-14
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Fontinalis Posted at 2017-11-14 08:02
Is there a document that lists the fixes and new features, if any? I have experienced some issues that thus far have been inconveniences, but some of these could be bad news under the wrong circumstances. If specific items have been addressed and documented, I might be willing to take the risk of using beta firmware. I would suspect that many, if not most, of the beta users have more than one AC and use the beta on only one of these.

Hi. DJI rarely advise what is fixed - they tend to only advise what new features have been added when releasing new firmware. For advice on what is fixed  (hopefully) in beta firmware, we're reliant on the advice of the DJI support mods here.

But for the record, this .0600 beta for the P4 is supposed to fix erratic flight behaviour and gimbal controller/camera reset when recording in 4K video. No idea what else may have been tweaked... Regardless, if you have a P4 and regretted updating it to the latest prod firmware, this beta firmware is definitely better.
2017-11-14
Use props
Fontinalis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 975367 ft
United States

Thanks Punchbuggy. It's good to know that it is stable and is an option if any of the minor issues become more serious.  I haven't had issues with erratic flight. Only issue with gimbal is tilt but i'm not sure that's not my fault.
2017-11-15
Use props
KeesJ
lvl.2

Netherlands

Vendex Posted at 2017-11-12 16:39

Vendex et al,

3 days ago I received the beta 0600 software. Since then I have spent 3 long evenings trying to install it without success. I see 4 different betas. the most recent is 0600 in  DJI assistant 2. When I connect the P4, assistant recognizes it and offers to install. Whichever version I try, it will download the firmware (several minutes, and when it is 100% downloaded is waits several seconds and then generates an error  saying that it cannot install. It them offers to generate and send an error log  and that is it.
I have tried two cables, 2 computers, several USB ports. I tried several of the beta versions, and I also tried downgrading first to 1.02.
There is not much activity from the drone (just nervous led flashing, but no changes or restart). I tried with an empty micro memory card and without, with the controller on and off, et etc. DJI Go 4 simply states that I have the most recent version, so hat does not update it either. I have read many threads on this, tried their suggestions, to no avail.
I AM DESPERATE! What am I doing wrong> Drone has never been wrong untill the firmware update.
Any help much appreciated.
2017-11-15
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

KeesJ Posted at 2017-11-15 13:48
Vendex et al,

3 days ago I received the beta 0600 software. Since then I have spent 3 long evenings trying to install it without success. I see 4 different betas. the most recent is 0600 in  DJI assistant 2. When I connect the P4, assistant recognizes it and offers to install. Whichever version I try, it will download the firmware (several minutes, and when it is 100% downloaded is waits several seconds and then generates an error  saying that it cannot install. It them offers to generate and send an error log  and that is it.

Hi. If Assistant 2 can download the beta firmware but when it gets to "Transmitting..." it stops, then you're impacted by a similar issue to a number of us. The likely culprit is the latest Windows 10 update.

I suggest you forget about Assistant 2 for the firmware upgrade untill this is resolved. You can perform the firmware update via the DJI GO app, assuming that your smartphone/tablet has WiFi access to the internet.
2017-11-15
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Bulgaria

KeesJ Posted at 2017-11-15 13:48
Vendex et al,

DJI Assistant 2 recognizes your drone because it start downloading firmware, could you try disabling your firewall/anti-virus software before you start program, i think something is filtering your data transfer to drone?
2017-11-16
Use props
KeesJ
lvl.2

Netherlands

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-11-15 14:08
Hi. If Assistant 2 can download the beta firmware but when it gets to "Transmitting..." it stops, then you're impacted by a similar issue to a number of us. The likely culprit is the latest Windows 10 update.

I suggest you forget about Assistant 2 for the firmware upgrade untill this is resolved. You can perform the firmware update via the DJI GO app, assuming that your smartphone/tablet has WiFi access to the internet.

Punchbuggy, brief Q: in that case, do I connect P5 via an usb to my DJI-G0 phone? Or does it work via the controller and wifi link to the P4.

(sorry for my delay in answers, always. I have a quite busy job and got the P4 from my students, because I like technology nd they think I should relax from time to time).
Kees
2017-11-16
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

KeesJ Posted at 2017-11-16 12:56
Punchbuggy, brief Q: in that case, do I connect P5 via an usb to my DJI-G0 phone? Or does it work via the controller and wifi link to the P4.

(sorry for my delay in answers, always. I have a quite busy job and got the P4 from my students, because I like technology nd they think I should relax from time to time).

Hi Kees. Hey, Google is my friend...  ;-)

https://www.heliguy.com/blog/dji-phantom-4-firmware-update-guide/
2017-11-16
Use props
KeesJ
lvl.2

Netherlands

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-11-16 14:04
Hi Kees. Hey, Google is my friend...  ;-)

https://www.heliguy.com/blog/dji-phantom-4-firmware-update-guide/

I feel terribly stupid but it just doesn't work. In the past, when there was new firmware, DJI Go app would indicate that and I would just update.
If i do it EXACTLY os in the webpage you sent me,
first: the dji go app opens up with the DJI Spark rather than the P4.
Then I change that by selecting the P$, then pressing "enter device", the app opens up but NO new hardware version appears. According to assistant 2, I definitely do not have the newest version.

This leaves me lost at step 6 on your webpage, with my drone connected to my phone (LG Nexus 5x, which btw has always worked perfectly) via a cable, and the controller switched on but not connected with any cable.

Problem with these step-by-step guides is that they never work excatly as stated (or, again, I am incredibly stupid).
Thanks for your time! Kees
2017-11-16
Use props
KeesJ
lvl.2

Netherlands

KeesJ Posted at 2017-11-16 15:10
I feel terribly stupid but it just doesn't work. In the past, when there was new firmware, DJI Go app would indicate that and I would just update.
If i do it EXACTLY os in the webpage you sent me,
first: the dji go app opens up with the DJI Spark rather than the P4.

additional info: my android phone  DJI Go 4 app says "disconected" but the controller is green and the motors start when i press both sticks down and inwards.
2017-11-16
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules