Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

KeesJ Posted at 2017-11-16 15:10
I feel terribly stupid but it just doesn't work. In the past, when there was new firmware, DJI Go app would indicate that and I would just update.
If i do it EXACTLY os in the webpage you sent me,
first: the dji go app opens up with the DJI Spark rather than the P4.

Order is important. Are both the controller and P4 powered on at the start?
You plug the smartphone into the P4 via cable while the P4 is turned on. Then you start the GO app, and it should then be able to detect what it's connnected to. If you're seeing the Spark, then it hasn't detected that it's connected to the P4.

Just checking...
2017-11-16
Use props
KeesJ
lvl.2

Netherlands

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-11-16 15:27
Order is important. Are both the controller and P4 powered on at the start?
You plug the smartphone into the P4 via cable while the P4 is turned on. Then you start the GO app, and it should then be able to detect what it's connnected to. If you're seeing the Spark, then it hasn't detected that it's connected to the P4.

Yep. After 4 evenings of following step-by-step plans I have learnt to do exactly what it says, and also, to do it at least 5 times (with full switch off and restart inbetween) before I start complaining....

IIt starts with fast yellow flashing (invariably), but when I press the throttles, the motors start and the leds flash green (I assume: then I am connected). But the dji go app insists that it is disconnected (upper left corner, just after start) and it always starts with the Spark bird selected.
Kees
2017-11-16
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

KeesJ Posted at 2017-11-16 15:35
Yep. After 4 evenings of following step-by-step plans I have learnt to do exactly what it says, and also, to do it at least 5 times (with full switch off and restart inbetween) before I start complaining....

IIt starts with fast yellow flashing (invariably), but when I press the throttles, the motors start and the leds flash green (I assume: then I am connected). But the dji go app insists that it is disconnected (upper left corner, just after start) and it always starts with the Spark bird selected.

So, the controller flies the craft as there is a connection (LEDs on both controller and craft are green)? If so, then that suggests it's the cable between the phone and controller (try a different one), the GO app installation, or the phone itself. Perhaps you can track down a different phone to install GO on and try that out?

Otherwise, has the GO app been updated since you last successfully used it? You could try uninstalling it and reinstalling. Other than that, I use iPhone / iPad, so can't offer further suggestions with an Android device.
2017-11-16
Use props
KeesJ
lvl.2

Netherlands

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-11-16 15:45
So, the controller flies the craft as there is a connection (LEDs on both controller and craft are green)? If so, then that suggests it's the cable between the phone and controller (try a different one), the GO app installation, or the phone itself. Perhaps you can track down a different phone to install GO on and try that out?

Otherwise, has the GO app been updated since you last successfully used it? You could try uninstalling it and reinstalling. Other than that, I use iPhone / iPad, so can't offer further suggestions with an Android device.

Tried every single combination and order there is (posted in at least 20 webpages). I now managed to upgrade the drone to beta 0600, but the problem linking the drone persists. My DJI Go4 app does NOT indicate that there is an upgrade (I had to load firmware via assistant 2) and therefore I cannot check or upgrade the RC firmware.
I chcked cables (3 different ones) and two different android devices that used to fly fine with P4. reinstalled DJI Go4, also on a fresh android device that never has seen a previous installation) . checked manual linking (everything multiple times).
Still I am convinced it is just software. Everything was great before that d****d firmware upgrade.  

Kees
2017-11-19
Use props
KeesJ
lvl.2

Netherlands

KeesJ Posted at 2017-11-19 03:44
Tried every single combination and order there is (posted in at least 20 webpages). I now managed to upgrade the drone to beta 0600, but the problem linking the drone persists. My DJI Go4 app does NOT indicate that there is an upgrade (I had to load firmware via assistant 2) and therefore I cannot check or upgrade the RC firmware.
I chcked cables (3 different ones) and two different android devices that used to fly fine with P4. reinstalled DJI Go4, also on a fresh android device that never has seen a previous installation) . checked manual linking (everything multiple times).
Still I am convinced it is just software. Everything was great before that d****d firmware upgrade.  

Finally, after 30 hours of tying, everything is in order now with the firmware. That is, I still have to fly it (it's night now) but all connection problems seem solved.

After all it was NOT the cable, nor the phone, nor the installation of DJO Go4, it was just that there are so many things you have to pay attention to, and if even a single one goes wrong, you do not have a connection or your app does not automatically recognize the phantom 4, or you have no camera image in your app.

After the cumbersome firmware described in previous posts, with help from Punchbuggy and others, I connected and updated firmware in the drone.
Updating RC (or even conecting to the camera) was impossible because DJI GO 4 no longer recognized the drone as soon as I plug it in (I use an LG Nexus 5X which has never failed before the firmware update).
Then I found this thread https://forum.dji.com/thread-78770-1-1.html that contains a tip from Squishy the Dog that helped me out completely. Here it is:
"Hello agustin9200, Please try a different cable as IMeMoz posted above. If not, Try enabling developer options and then enable USB debugging in developer options. A quick google search will tell you how to do this. If the problem still persists. Try swiping down to open the notification window then press the charging option then press transfer files and media. This should hopefully fix your problem. Please bear in mind that the controler must be on and connected to see this option in notifications. Good luck!
"
So be aware of this setting in Android!!
Thanks all. Tomorrow I fly!

Kees
2017-11-19
Use props
KeesJ
lvl.2

Netherlands

KeesJ Posted at 2017-11-19 11:20
Finally, after 30 hours of tying, everything is in order now with the firmware. That is, I still have to fly it (it's night now) but all connection problems seem solved.

After all it was NOT the cable, nor the phone, nor the installation of DJO Go4, it was just that there are so many things you have to pay attention to, and if even a single one goes wrong, you do not have a connection or your app does not automatically recognize the phantom 4, or you have no camera image in your app.

FLY UPDATE.
Today I flew the phantom bird after the firmware update to beta 0600. I can confirm that many of the prob;ems are solved. Before the beta ((firmware 2.00.0106) my P4 was jumping up and down as soon as  I took off, and I had to land asap which was rought. I crashed a propeller but there was no other visible damage. So I mounted my reserve props and with beta 0600  and DJI Go4 reinstalled and adjusted, was able to fly it rather stably. P4 kept its position very well, although I only flew les than 10 feet high (didn't quite trust it yet). The only thing then I noticed, is that the P4 seems somewhat nervous about crashing into something. I have flewn many times in my small yard, and it used to be able to go in small spaces, as long as the forward camera did not see a close hindering opject. This time, P4 refused to listen to the sticks unless it was in a clear open space.

Is this new behavior or is it just not good enough?

Best regards, and again, thanks for your help.
Kees
2017-11-21
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

KeesJ Posted at 2017-11-21 08:28
FLY UPDATE.
Today I flew the phantom bird after the firmware update to beta 0600. I can confirm that many of the prob;ems are solved. Before the beta ((firmware 2.00.0106) my P4 was jumping up and down as soon as  I took off, and I had to land asap which was rought. I crashed a propeller but there was no other visible damage. So I mounted my reserve props and with beta 0600  and DJI Go4 reinstalled and adjusted, was able to fly it rather stably. P4 kept its position very well, although I only flew les than 10 feet high (didn't quite trust it yet). The only thing then I noticed, is that the P4 seems somewhat nervous about crashing into something. I have flewn many times in my small yard, and it used to be able to go in small spaces, as long as the forward camera did not see a close hindering opject. This time, P4 refused to listen to the sticks unless it was in a clear open space.

Well done Kees.
And yes, obstacle avoidance still appears to be overly sensitive. Hopefully this'll be corrected in the eventual production release.
2017-11-21
Use props
yapgg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 201401 ft
Philippines

SAME ISSUES for me. can i also have the link/ability to update? giansange@gmail.com
2017-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules