Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
latest dji go app apple edition crash
2300 19 2017-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
diem
First Officer
Flight distance : 9442 ft
Greece

Hello there
latest dji go app for apple divices crashed many times last time i flew my spark, I thought i wouldnt be able to control my spark. i returne it back home, deleted and restored the app. Is it common for other users too? Should there be an upgrade fixing such issues?
Thanks
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

What type of mobile device are you using? Is your bluetooth and wi-fi both on?
2017-10-12
Use props
diem
First Officer
Greece

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-12 11:50
What type of mobile device are you using? Is your bluetooth and wi-fi both on?

iphone 6s. first time it happened.bluetooth and wifi is always off when flying
2017-10-12
Use props
Sparky_17
Captain
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

interesting .. I have the same set up and i'll try it tonight.
2017-10-12
Use props
heliman
First Officer
Denmark

I use both iphone se and 5s  with wifi and haver never seen the app crash (136 flights).
Is there enough free storage space?
2017-10-12
Use props
diem
First Officer
Greece

heliman Posted at 2017-10-12 12:17
I use both iphone se and 5s  with wifi and haver never seen the app crash (136 flights).
Is there enough free storage space?

yes there is much space
2017-10-12
Use props
LouisP
Captain
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

I have not used the OTG cable with my iphone  but I used to have a lot of app crashes.. Now, I make sure to close all other apps that may be running before launching DJIGo .. have not had a crash since I have started doing that.
2017-10-12
Use props
diem
First Officer
Greece

LouisP Posted at 2017-10-12 13:15
I have not used the OTG cable with my iphone  but I used to have a lot of app crashes.. Now, I make sure to close all other apps that may be running before launching DJIGo .. have not had a crash since I have started doing that.

i am not using otg cable too. i will follow your advice.thanks
2017-10-12
Use props
nottuppaware
First Officer
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

What iOS are you running ? I've found mine is rock solid when using the app and my 2 year old iPhone 6s+

In general when it comes to DJI go app I follow the following pre-flight check list for my phone.
Reboot the device, close most apps that require background modes (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter).
Turn off bluetooth from setting app (not the control centre if you are using iOS 11).

If you get frequent app crashes (not limited to DJI) I would suggest a full backup and restore via iTunes. This often will give your device a fresh install so to speak.
Its most likely not related to the App but some type of configuration on your iPhone thats causing the crash.
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Diem, please clear the cache files of your Iphone and see if it works. What is the version of your ios? Did you get any error message from your app when you the app crashed? Please keep us updated.
2017-10-12
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

No problem here, also I am using Iphone6+.
2017-10-12
Use props
diem
First Officer
Greece

nottuppaware Posted at 2017-10-12 14:32
What iOS are you running ? I've found mine is rock solid when using the app and my 2 year old iPhone 6s+

In general when it comes to DJI go app I follow the following pre-flight check list for my phone.

i reinstalled the app and i flew again with no problem this time. i didnt make any particular change.just reinstalled it and worked just fine
2017-10-13
Use props
diem
First Officer
Greece

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-12 18:44
Diem, please clear the cache files of your Iphone and see if it works. What is the version of your ios? Did you get any error message from your app when you the app crashed? Please keep us updated.

i have the latest version 11.0.3. No error message no nothing.just crash. i deleted and reinstalled the app and it worked just fine. i made no changes when flying.same as before reinstall.hope i have no issues in the future
2017-10-13
Use props
Sparky_17
Captain
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

I tested it last night without any issues.  I'm using IOS 11.1 on iPhone 6s.  I've not had a crash or issues with any app including GO4.

Might want to restart your phone .. this will refresh any background apps running and clear your cache.

Hope this works.
2017-10-13
Use props
fans22667133
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3576030 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just got back from a 1 1/2 hour drive to Lake Fontana to capture sunset. DJIGo crashed many many times. It was maddening. No error messages. I’m running iOS 11.03 on an iPad Mini 3, 64GB and flying a Phantom 4 Pro. I’ll try uninstalling and reinstalling. Hope I’m as lucky as you.
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

diem Posted at 2017-10-13 08:16
i have the latest version 11.0.3. No error message no nothing.just crash. i deleted and reinstalled the app and it worked just fine. i made no changes when flying.same as before reinstall.hope i have no issues in the future

Good thing to know. If there is any problem, please inform us.
2017-10-13
Use props
fans67ee07d4
New
Flight distance : 1075082 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Can confirm having issues as well.

Yesterday I was flying multiple times without a single crash or problem. I was running the app on my iPhone 6 on iOS 10.x something. After gotten home I saw I had an update to iOS 11.0.3 and did the update.

Today I was out flying and during all three flights I had the app lose connection and hang/crash on me. Sometimes I lose visibility sometimes the app just goes gray and no info. One time it lost visual and asked if it should engage RTH.

I manage to recover by closing down the app and restarting it, with the result that the flight tracking is lost - as well as giving me stress about not being able to see where my drone is going properly.

Clearly there's some weirdness related to the 11.0.3 update in my case. I have now uninstalled the app and reinstall it and will give it some more flights later today hopefully.

I have 120+ flights with various drones and can only recall losing video feed like this once before. So getting three in a row after an update feels sketchy.
2017-10-14
Use props
fans67ee07d4
New
Flight distance : 1075082 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Update: After uninstalling and reinstalling the app, I flew two batteries worth without a single problem, hopefully that solved the issue.

And to add, I got these problems flying my Mavic rather than the Spark. However both the Mavic and Spark flies ok after the reinstall (so far).
2017-10-15
Use props
diem
First Officer
Greece

fans67ee07d4 Posted at 2017-10-15 09:44
Update: After uninstalling and reinstalling the app, I flew two batteries worth without a single problem, hopefully that solved the issue.

And to add, I got these problems flying my Mavic rather than the Spark. However both the Mavic and Spark flies ok after the reinstall (so far).

same here with the spark
2017-10-15
Use props
mikes1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1740699 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have two completely different setups that I use commercially. The first one is the M600, IPAD Pro 13", FLIR XT camera. The second one is the Mavic Pro, IPAD Mini both with different cables. SO there are two completely different system and equipment flying at two different locations about 200 miles apart. Both the GO App and GO 4 have constant crashes. The bird never loses connection with the radio after the app crashes and while in the air, the app quickly reconnects when launched again. I have tried installing the apps again, clearing video caches, turning wifi and Bluetooth off. Even uninstalling other apps to test whether they could be interfering. Every piece of software I am using is the current version although it looks like Apple just released version 11.2. I found this info on a site discussing IOS crash issues. Hopefully, the 11.2 update will stop the DJI app crashes.

https://www.macworld.co.uk/news/iosapps/ios-11-news-3647951/
2017-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules